Hotel Palmasol
MS Alay Apartments(Benalmadena)
$149
TripAdvisor
1,767 results
All reviewspool areastar hotelplenty of choicetwo double bedsbeautiful marinafantastic locationentertainment staffmeal timesevening entertainmentcleaned dailyplenty of sunbedsshort breakroom numberbit datedlots of shopsa lovely holidaychoice of food
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have visited hotel Palmasol twice and price-quality it's very fine! Hotel food is good (not excellent) , nice pool and location in benalmadena is good (near marina)
don't expect a luxury hotel , impossible with the price you pay , but overall nice for a little trip to benalmadena

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saraherwin
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here with a friend 12/08/12 - 19/08/12 . Hotel was lovely and clean and had everything we needed. There was plenty of choice of food and even though I'm a fussy eater, I never went hungry. The hotel is opposite a derelict building and although we were disappointed that the view from our balcony wasn't that great, it was lovely and quiet and we we're actually glad to be on that side of the hotel away from the noise of the terrace. The maids came everyday and cleaned the room and left clean towels. There was only 1 pillow on each bed so we used spare blankets from the wardrobe and the following day the maids replaced these with extra pillows for us. The only downsides to the holiday were the all inclusive finishing at 11pm (but drinks were still very cheap) and the entertainment could have been better. The hotel is within walking distance to the marina which is very pretty and full of shops, bars and restaurants. We had a lovely time and would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the derelict building opposite are quieter than rooms overlooking the pool and bar.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Both suitcases were broken into inside the room and all our cash taken, quite possibly when we were asleep or at breakfast on 01,Sept. 2012. Stayed here from 27Aug - 3rdSept 2012 and booked with hotels4u.com, 7 nts half board. There is no review section on hotels4u.com so that is why I would like to warn people here. Both suitcases had locks and were locked at all times but the zips were ripped open and the cash taken. I posted a previous review here but it was not published by tripadvisor. I would like to say I have the police report from Torremolinos Police Station should tripadvisor wish to contact me for confirmation. We reported the theft to reception but all they could offer us was a telephone number for the police who could only understand limited English as was the case at Torremolinos Police Station also.
Stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a 4 star hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank lees806
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having just got back (August 2012) I have to say this hotel has it all. Being a single parent I took my teenage daughter with me so this was catering for both a very mature adult and a child. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent value for money and generally service was quick and efficient. Only down side was that the entertainment for the evening was indoors, it would be much better on the outside patio other than that I would recommend this hotel, good position for the marina, park, pubs, clubs and restaurants. Shall definitely be going again. (Oh, also was at this hotel in 1973 and with the refurb its even better than it was then).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BRANDYLOVER36
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here 8 nights returing on 27th aug.We had a suite on the corner of the 3rd floor, it was very spacious with a living room with tv,sofa,fridge,table and chairs and door to balcony, A large bedroom with 2 double beds with door to balcony and a modern bathroom.. no bath just shower this was not a problem. They had left us bottle of water and bowl of fruit. It was cleaned everyday and supplied with fresh towels.It had a large L shaped balcony with great views to the marina and sea and also to the side road,which did get a bit noisy some nights but wasnt that bad.The food was excellent,I am quite fussy but there was always loads to choose from,breakfast had english fry ups, cereals breads, cakes ,fruit and cava,lunch and dinner there was soups,casseroles, roast dinners, pastas,salads,always meat and fish of some kind being cooked on the hot plate,ice creams,puddings,fruit,cakes etc.They had a mexican night,spanish night and fish night during our stay. The waiter asks you what you want to drink and brings it to your table.There is also hot dogs,chips,burgers toasties etc availible at the terrace bar if you want to have something snacky outside,crisps and nuts also availible.The all inc bar finishes at 11pm but you can buy half price drinks until 1am.Cant comment on the entertainment ,its held inside ,we were outside most of the time as we smoke and went out and about at night. Getting a sunbed was a problem you need to be up early..we wernt but we just went to the lovely beach instead.I will defiately stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple