“Great Hotel, great location and great food.”
Review of Hotel Best Siroco

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
“Great Hotel, great location and great food.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We've just got back from our first holiday with our 9 month old baby. We usually go away to Cyprus and stay in 4/5 star hotels. As this was our first holiday with our baby, we wanted a short flight and somewhere that would suit us all. We have been to Benalmadena before so we knew the area. We were apprehensive about this hotel as it was a 3 star but the reviews were really good so we took a chance and we are so glad we did. As soon as you walk through the doors there is a beautiful reception area, creating a great first impression. Reception staff very good, particularly the lady (dark short hair) who was fussing over our little girl. We paid extra for a superior room which I would highly recommend. Rooms really big, 2 double beds, sea view with a fridge, lovely bathroom. Very clean. The maids came in everyday to make the bed and change the towels, they even made our little girls Cot bed which was a nice touch, all very friendly and always said hello. Food in the restaurant was brilliant. Different themed nights, I loved the Mexican night as they had people singing which amused our daughter. Helen in the restaurant was particularly helpful as she spoke English and helped us a number of times with various things. I thought the restaurant was very well run, although sometimes there was a queue it moves very quickly. Pool area was good, entertainment was good through the day. We didn't see much of the night entertainment as we always went out for a walk. Location of the hotel was great, on the last day we discovered stairs that take you under the main road straight to the beach! 10 minute walk to the marina. We walked to Paloma park which was about 20 minutes away. A beautiful park, full if rabbits and ducks. We also went to the Dolphin park which was next door. 19 euros each, great day out, meet the Dolphins, Sea lions and Penguins. If we are being picky, the air con in the room could have been better. My husband would have preferred a bigger fridge but I thought it was sufficient for water and juice etc. Hotel up a little hill and there are quite a few stairs but this didn't bother us. We found a lovely little bar called Paradise in the little square in the way to the beach, best Mojitos ever! We will definately be returning to the Siroco next year!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Rebecca246
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Siroco, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear family
Thank you very much for your time spends on the review of our hotel,
We are very happy that your first holiday with the baby was a great experience and the comments you make about the staff and the fantastic food are so complimentary – thank you for that.
Hopefully we see you back at our hotel in the near future

Kind regards

Best Siroco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Room was very clean, towels were changed daily. Staff were very friendly. Pool was kept clean. Beach was close and could be accessed via a subway. A good selection of bars close by, cheapest pint we found was 1 70 euros. Within walking distance to marina and a little further Torromolinos which is lovely and well worth a visit. We went half board and found food a bit repetitive, some things looked a bit strange but we could always find something to eat that we liked. Tea, coffee, juice,water and champagne were included at breakfast. Overall this is a good value hotel and I would defiantly stop there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tracy123321
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Siroco, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Tracey
I do really appreciate the time you have spent writing your comments about your stay in the Best siroco hotel. There are many bars and restaurants around the hotel and also near the Marina sportharbour. I'm glad you passed a pleasant holiday with us and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from the 30th July for a week, and wasn't sure what to expect from some mixed reviews on here! On other family holidays me and my family normally stay in 4* hotels but the holiday we originally had planned had to be changed last minute and we then came to stay here. I was abit apprehensive as I didn't no what to expect and with us having a 2 year old child I wanted everything to be clean and as nice as possible really! The rooms were lovely and quite spacious and the air con was excellent! I'd say the rooms were average in cleanliness, when I was unpacking our bags and putting clothes away into the wardrobes I noticed a toenail on the floor! ( which turned my stomach, as I'd only been in there for 10 mins, before seeing it!) we also had a pack of playing cards where some had dropped off the bedside cabinet, so I pulled it out to pick them up and behind the cabinet was filthy and full of dust!! Excluding these little things, the rooms were ok, and we got the beds made everyday and new towels daily too! The grounds of the hotel are really lovely, very picturesque. The hotel is located on a steep hill, and with us having a child, it was a problem using the pram! I don't no how people by themselves with a pram or a wheelchair would cope?? There are 2 entrances to the hotel, either up the hill at the side of the hotel to the main entrance,or there is a staircase located on the main road that leads upto the poolside- you need your room card to access the staircase. So using either way into the hotel with a pram or wheelchair is a task!!!! The pools get cleaned daily, each morning. There aren't nearly enough sunbeds for the amount of people staying at the hotel, so I went down every morning about 8am to put our towels onto the loungers! (Your not meant too, but when your paying a lot of money to stay at a hotel you should at least be able to use their facilities)!! The pool area could be cleaner, there was cigarette ends littered about that needed sweeping away and I never seen anyone once clean the areas around the sunbeds.
The food In the hotel was average, there was a good selection of food to choose from but it didn't really look appealing to be honest! The main problem with the food was that it was barely warm, never mind hot!! There's a microwave next to the food area so you can heat your food up if you wanted to, but should you really have to do that?!!!
The pasta was kept in a big bowl for people to help themselves to and the pasta sauce was next to it in another big bowl, neither bowls were kept under heat, they were just left out at the end of the table, so it was barley warm when you put it on your plate!!! Especially when it was spaghetti bolognese, why would the sauce not be kept under heat???!!! This definitely needs improving.
There were big queues to enter the restaurant as well if you didn't go as soon as it opened!
The hotels location is quite good. To go to the beach you just need to walk out to the main road where there is a subway, follow that and it takes you to the beach front. Again if you have a pram or a wheelchair you will struggle as there are loads of stairs!
The beach wasnt the best! Litter everywhere, and the sea was really dirty!!! Wasn't crystal blue as you would expect! We only stayed an hour because we didnt really want out daughter playing in it to be honest!
We went on a few trips during our stay, which were fantastic. We went to bioparc zoo in fuengerola,which cost 17 euros in a taxi each way. We chose to get a taxi because the jet 2 rep at the hotel said it was only down the road,20 mins later in a taxi we got there!!!! It's 15 euros entry and under 3's go free! Thoroughly enjoyed it here, animals were great to look at and get up close too!
We also went to selwo marina, which is quite close to the hotel, cost 6 euros in a taxi. Excellent day here, got to see a dolphin show which was amazing, along with lots of other great things to see!
Every night we walked upto the marina, about a 10 minute walk. It was lovely there, very busy. Lots of shops, restaurants and bars. Little play areas with trampolines and bouncy castles for the kids! Our daughter loved it.
Had a meal in an Italian restaurant here one night too, which was lovely. Prices of food are just the sme as back in England more or less.
You can take a little train ride from near the marina, for 4 euros per person,it takes you round benalmadena, your on it for about 40 minutes, we enjoyed this, it takes you to different popular places you might want to visit whilst on holiday.
Overall if you've booked to stay here you won't be disappointed, although little things could be improved like cleanliness and the food, but it is only 3*, so can't really complain.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Linzilou84
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing our Best Siroco hotel for your holiday. I want to thank you for your comments because they allow us to have the customer perspective that often we do not have. I will consider your comments about cleanliness and food.
I am very glad you had nice holidays in Benalmadena.

Yours sincerely

Bournemouth, England
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Siroco for a week from 29th July to 5th August as a sole traveller – not what was planned but circumstances meant I ended up going on my own.
I had room 357, one of the Superior Double Rooms and with a fantastic view of the marina, pool and gardens. I thought the room was excellent. It was kept very clean, comes with a handy toiletries pack (see photo) which was replenished by the cleaner when used, the bed was comfortable, plenty of towels and replaced daily and the fridge and hairdryer were added bonuses. If I had any complaint about the room I’d say the shower wasn’t quite up to the standard of the rest of the room. Having said that, it worked fine except for odd fluctuations in temperature whilst using but nothing of any note. The hotel provides a mozzie plug in. Another review mentions the lack of electric sockets in the room and I’d agree with this. One in the bedroom and one in the bathroom so you need to charge phones and toothbrushes as and when you can!
The restaurant at the hotel was great. Great choice of buffet and selection of food for dinner and breakfast. The restaurant has different Specials nights which add for a bit of excitement and variety. The hotel tries to get the customers to go at the start of the sessions, ie 8am for breakfast, 7pm for dinner but the bigger queues are to be found nearer the end of the sessions (10am for breakfast and 10pm for dinner). As with all buffets they can be an experience. People seem to just have their own food on their mind and seem oblivious to other diners who might be carrying plates or cups of hot drinks. It is a wonder there aren’t any accidents. You sit where you like in the restaurant and the top table cloth is always changed after each customer.
The staff in the hotel were generally good. Sometimes they might not be as friendly but they were always polite and were helpful to me when I tried my Spanish out on them. They all seem to work very hard.
The hill outside the hotel has been mentioned in other reviews. It’s steep but not unmanageable. But once I’d found the back entrance (by the pool in the far left hand corner) there was no need to use the hill (unless I guess if you’re out after 11pm). To get to the beach you go out the back entrance, under the subway to get to the other side of the road and down the steps to the beach. That’s quite a climb back after a very hot day on the beach! The sunbeds on the beach were the most comfortable I’d ever used and cost 9 euros for 2 beds and a parasol and I was only charge 4.50 euros for the one and a parasol.
I only used the pool once on my last day. It strikes me that the pool area isn’t big enough for the number of guests. I struggled to get a sunbed at 5pm and there was no room to actually swim in the pool but as I prefer a beach, not really an issue for me.
I’d recommend you buy your water at the shop by the hotel’s back door. It cost 60 cents there for 1.5 litres but 1 euro 40 in a shop on the beach.
The hotel is very big on children’s entertainment so something happening late afternoon and again from 9.30pm. The evening entertainment usually finished at 11.30pm and as my room overlooked the bar/stage area I had no choice but to listen! I didn’t really watch it fully so can’t comment on the quality.

I didn’t think the price of drinks in the hotel was too bad except for in the dining room. Half a bottle of wine is 9 euros, a bottle 15 euros which seemed a lot. But a vodka & tonic (which was a quadruple measure) was 4 euros 80 which didn’t seem so bad. They had a cocktail of the day which was 2 euros 90.

All in all I would recommend this hotel without question. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: Room 357 was good! I wouldn't want to be in a room between 132 and 180 as this seemed to be a m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Sheila1964
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Siroco, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Sheila,

I want to thank you for the time you have spent writing your comments about your HOLIDAYS in the Best siroco hotel. I'm glad you passed a pleasant holiday with us and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here with our son from 29 July to 5 August 2013, could not fault the food loads of choice at breakfast and dinner with an excellent salad and dessert selection. Cleanliness of the hotel room was superb. Room was basic but as only sleeping in it, not a major problem would have loved a sea view though. Have to say that as my husband was unwell during our stay the reception staff could not have been more helpful arranging a doctor and a taxi to get me to the pharmacy and back. We did not attend any of the entertainment events in the evening but they always seemed busy. Pools were clean and always had a lifeguard wandering around. Not always easy to obtain a sunbed with a shade but that was not the fault of the hotel perhaps guests should heed the notice in the lift! Staff in the cafe near the pool were always friendly and the food and drink were reasonably priced. All the staff work extremely hard even in the tremendous heat. Despite my husband being unwell we did have a lovely time at the hotel and would recommend it and would certainly return.

Room Tip: We went for the basic room which was more than adequate, if you want something better then you might...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vamm
Dear Madam,

I am really glad that you enjoyed a pleasant holiday with us in the Best Siroco Hotel, also your opinion about the facilities, food, room of the hotel help us to keep on working very hard on a daily base. Hopelly your husband will be fine during yout next holidays and you can enjoy them a 100%. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Lochgelly, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here whilst on our honeymoon in october 2012, hotel was clean, good choice of food too, always found something to suit us ( and my fussy husband!!) wouldn't advise making a trip during the month of October though as the bar at the pool was closed, local pubs and clubs were closed as out of season, our night time entertainment consisted of watching the elderly play dominos and completing crosswords!
Hotel staff were helpful and moved us to a better room with nice pool view when they found out was our honeymoon which was nice and the singer at night dedicated a song to us!
Would return to the hotel as its cheap but would make sure was peek season!!
Gardens were being done up when we were there too! Pool was clean and tidy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kerry P
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Siroco, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Kerry P,

Thank you for your fantastic review ! We really like to know that your partner and you have enjoyed your stay at Siroco Hotel

Our goal is to satisfy our customers in any details as best as we can.

Best regards from Benalmadena and we hope to see you again for your next holiday in peak season.

Edinburgh
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights half-board with partner and two and one year old sons. Food was fabulous. Great choice each night with salads, cold meats, fruit, burgers, pasta, chips every night plus loads of different main meals each night. One night was Mexican themed and another it was seafood. Cannot fault the choice and quality was great. Really delicious. Good family entertainment at night till midnight. Hotel is clean, rooms done every day. Air Conditioning isn't great but better than nothing. Location good but up a hill from the beach. 2 mins walk from the marina. Loads in the area for families with kids. You could do an activity each day for a fortnight and still not go/see everything. People very friendly and overall, a great holiday destination.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank MissPringles
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Siroco, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your very positive comment about the services provided by the hotel. Many thanks for your time spends on the review of our hotel.
We hope to welcoming you again in the future