Playabonita Hotel
$79
$82
$77
1,305 results
All reviewsplaya bonitasea viewsound of the wavesbeach barprivate beachbus stop outside the hotelquiet locationmain townevery half hourfamily holidaybranded spiritstwo double bedsindoor poolcleaned dailytapasgreat holidaymeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent two weeks at the Playabonita and we had a lovely time. We went there with our two girls, aged 6 and 7. The food is very good if you're willing to accept that it is a Spanish hotel, therefore sea food and paella is often on the menu, but it's gorgeous. Fresh crepes at meal times, meat cooked to your liking by the chefs. My husband had steak three times and said it was fabulous. During the peak of the season the restaurant can get really busy but we found the staff really friendly, they loved it when we attempted to speak Spanish.

The downside is that, as English guests, we often felt that we weren't catered for. The entertainment on a night time was geared towards Spanish guests and the kids' club was full of Spanish and Russian kids therefore our two didn't bother with it. Having said that, they loved the pool which was large enough for them to have fun in but small enough for us to always know where they were.

Believe me when I say, not having to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning to put towels out was a huge bonus. The pool area is a bit of a walk from the hotel but it's locked until 10am in the morning so, as long as you get there for then, you'll get a decent sunbed.

Overall, we enjoyed it. We wouldn't go back but we like to try different places.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank walshy72
P-Stor, Gerente at Playabonita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear guest,

We always like to receive rave reviews from our customers, but even more we are pleased that our customers appreciate the effort and try to make improvements year after year. Our sincere thanks and hope to surprise you next year also.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Just returned on 3 October after a week at the hotel we didn't know what to expect but it is a very nice hotel all the staff were great in every part if the hotel a vey clean hotel food was ok u could always find something to eat with such a good choice as for the pool being away from the hotel a 2 min walk I don't think that a problem in such a nice setting and also so nice to have 2 4ft beds instead of those 2ft beds most hotels have only thing I will say is all inclusive stops at 12 on day of leaving and as we was not leaving till 9 30 in the evening I do think u should be able to have either lunch or dinner and the entertainment was not very good but most hotels are the same as if u like lots of bars and nite life around u this hotel is not for u a long way out from the centre but all in all not a bad hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lindylo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay again at our hotel, thanks to their own opinions as our staff try to strive daily and your comments are the best reward. Hope to see you soon again in our hotel!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

really enjoyed our week at the playbonita,we like most read some reviews and had our reservations but were quite open mindered and on arrival we were very happy with what we saw it was lunchtime and we were fully inclusive we eat and from that point onwards we enjoyed all the foods on offer there was plenty of choice for all palettes alike as the customer was very cosmopolitan so seeing a review recently about theres nothing for brits then i suggest they should stick to skegness or blackpool.
we seriously enjoyed the many variety of foods and weve been around the globe too so well done playabonita.also the staff was polite and very attentive
the beach area and pool area gave a great back drop to and enjoyed that part of our holiday,we travelled on the train here and there but as a must you've got to go to malaga its a lovely city and has lovely culture too 10euros return for both cheap!!!! thanx again playabonita

Room Tip: floors 9-11 are best and rooms 930 upwards,1030 and 1130 gets you away from the main area and is quite
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, we value the opinion of our customers therefore we are delighted that you have enjoyed your holidays. Hopefully you can visit us again.Until next time!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I always try and give a fair review so here goes.
We booked this 4* hotel for our honeymoon ignoring the negative comments on trip advisor thinking we will make our own opinion. My husband has been going to Benalmadena for 22 years and we couldn't wait as we were going as a party of 15 to the resort and 7 in this hotel.
We arrived late to the hotel due to the coach. At 10pm all hungry so checked in went to room which was ridiculously small with a fridge that was Luke warm to fit a few bottles in.
My motherinlaw had surprised us with bubbly fruit flowers etc which looked lovely as her friends sister works at the hotel.
The safe wouldn't work after paying €40 so went down to reception to ask about food to be told was too late but my motherinlaw had also sorted this out. After getting quite Mad the very rude receptionist found a bit of paper to say we could have some bread and meet. We sat in the dark eating exactly that bread jam meat an bread was gross!
Went back to room after being told the safe would be ok in 30 mins still not working and neither was my dad 2 rooms away. We called reception told again to wait, rang again and rude receptionist came up fiddled around an then got a maintenance man up and the duty manager. "No possible" we were told wait to tomorrow we said no and then it started working. The woman was speaking Spanish couldn't understand but we told her the same thing in 2 rooms down and to go there. They said that's where they were going they left us and slammed the door.
Went to mum an dads they had not been, so rang reception again they came up could not get it working the duty managed came an said no possible battery dead now after midnight the maintenance had gone home. The woman was so rude and was speaking Spanish thinking we didn't understand but mum speaks fluent Spanish and basically said she understands everything they are saying and they needs safe to put dads heart tablets in they said no cant do until tomorrow offered to take dads tablets and left. We were all in shock.
Bed was like sleeping on a bit of wood and huge springs really uncomfy.
Every 4* hotel we have stayed In you get free pool towels, not here they are €10 each and you can't change you pay €1 each time it's washed it was more like a thin bath towel.
The lift was right outside our door and was noisy and pinged all the time, close your internal door or stay away from 508.
The pool is not on site you have to exit the hotel with a key card walk along the beach path to it, lovely pool with 2 slides but freezing cold water. Sun beds have seen better days.
€2.20 for a 20cl alcahol free beer or for a tiny coke or cold cappuccino or small lager the prices were extortionate an we got told off for bringing our own. We were half board so went to get a bar snack to be told they don't sell food. Now this was bad as my previous comment it's a right treck back to the hotel.
The beach outside is lovely but you had to pay €4.50 for a longer the sand was sinking sand and a lot of shingle in the water. Be careful with kids as there is a sharp drop and you go from been in at the knees to then your shoulders.
The food was ok, bit repetitive do not do theme nights so its pretty much the same every day. The bacon was raw asked for it re cooking the lady tried to give me bacon said no crispy and loads complaining. Reluctantly she re fried me a bit but wouldn't do my husbands he was furious. I went back and cooked it myself and everyone else started to do the same but our little girl burnt her hand doing it. The hotel were good and helped to put on burn cream.
The prawns and spring rolls were lovely and made a change from the leathery meets and fish which I would usually love. Salads and crepes were lovely.
The water was not free with meals which again had never happened in a 4* but there was free cava for breakfast which we just couldn't get our heads around.
There were a couple of lovely waiters in the food hall the rest were miserable or rude, snatching your plate before you finish eating. The waiters in the bar were ok we really thought Leo was lovely with excellent service and manners and Virginia was very helpful on reception. The lady with the nose piercing short bobbed blonde hair I actually don't think I have ever met anyone so rude and shouldn't be working with customers.
We put our complaints to the jet2 rep who is at the hotel no more than 45 mins a day. 3 days later went to her as she had not come back to me and said I wondered when you would come back, I replied surely you should have come bank to us or put a note under the door she said no and nothing we can do the hotel got you supper put wine in your room and a sea view. I explained the food an the wine was a present from mum not the hotel she basically didn't want to know, after working in sales/customer service for 23 years I would never treat a customer like how we have been treated.
The entertainment was totally shocking it was a 15 min mini disco at 9.30pm then a free bingo or quiz to win a pen and a singer where she emptied the room. However the animation team work really hard and lovely however there is no English kids club.
The maids started cleaning early and scraping the furniture so you were all up.
Also a stag do which everyone knew they were there an still up at 5am shouting etc. loads of people complained but nothing done.
We were told by the lovely Virginia we were ok to have breakfast and lunch on the last day but when we checked out at 12 the rude blonde told us that we can't as we had bread an meat on 1st night I had to argue with her an get the duty manager who gave us a voucher eventually.
We were told the hotel was taken over by the sonata group and people who live in Torremulle say its not been the same since the new management came in.
We went to the 4* sunset beach in may. Stunning go there an look at my previous review this is a proper 4* hotel and my advice is that the manager should go to the subset beach and see what they do better.
We met some lovely people from Manchester with their daughter and Ian was a travel agent he like us was totally disgusted with this hotel and the rudeness of staff.
We will never return to this hotel and wild not recommend this hotel to anyone and it should be lowered to a 3* hotel.
To finish the views from every room are sea views they are stunning and the hotel is extremely clean, a small handful of staff were lovely and Raquel tried really hard to entertain.
The management team need to sort this hotel out, this of course is only my opinion and the hotel has lots of potential if people actually want to listen.
Honeymoon ruined and feel embarrassed we took our parents to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank MazzaC1975
P-Stor, Gerente at Playabonita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately there is no one hundred percent satisfied stayed at our hotel, of course we will take note of the points indicates for improvements. While I am the manager of the hotel and me have not tried any of the issues discussed nor have we had any complaints you refer in your comment. We hope for a second chance in the future and have the pleasure of knowing you personally.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have just arrived back after a lovely week ,in this hotel . As a solo traveller it can be a bit hard eating and drinking on your own, but the staff in the hotel were so friendly , and remembered your order for drinks , and went out there way to help you . The hotel was clean and very tidy.the food was amazing , i went all inclusive, fantastic choice to cater for everyone, the hotel has traveller from all over europe and further, which make it a very cosmopoliton hotel, and not your usual brits abroad fodder.
I would highly reccommend this hotel , as a plesant oasis in benalmadna

Room Tip: all rooms have a sea view , so the higher you are the better the view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank sunnyRJS

Dear Guest,
We appreciate the confidence placed in our hotel and the time dedicated to write your comments. We will continue working on the same line to the satisfaction of our guests. Thank you and happy to see you again in our hotel.