“Best ever chicken tikka sizzler” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noor Mahal

Noor Mahal
Ranked #150 of 674 Restaurants in Benalmadena
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Best ever chicken tikka sizzler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Great food, chicken tikka sizzler starter is fab. It's 4big pieces of succulent chicken thats served at the table smokin. Staff are very friendly and not at all intrusive. Bottle of wine about 10 euros. Would visit again it's was one of the nicest curries I've tasted.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“"not quite" excellent, but Ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

First the good:

Great service, attentive not intrusive.
Clean well appointed restaurant.
Atmosphere good....

Now the adequate:

....though in direct path from or back to the Bali which is full of stag and hen dos currently. I can imagine in the peak season it could be full of intolerable foul mouth drunks - so keep this in mind for your meal timing.

We had poppadoms with mango chutney, a very pleasant yoghurt and mint dip (sweeter than normal) and chopped onions (mixed with chopped cucumber and celery too). They have lime pickle but it needs to be requested.

The starter we shared was chicken pakora and was excellent. Probably the best I've had - recommended and plenty of it.

My wife's main course was lamb passanda, she enjoyed it but it was incredibly sweet. Too sweet, even though you expect a passanda to be sweet.

Similar the pershwari naan - very sweet, even though she has a sweet tooth she did leave some as it was just too sweet.

The major disappointment was my chicken tikka massala. It was as sweet if not sweeter than the passanda. Such a shame. The chicken was good, nicely marinated and tasted good out of the sauce. Naan bread was good about proper dinner plate size (and hot) but I left over half of it as the massala sauce was just too sweet to eat/mop up.

Both were between €8-9

Such a shame.

Drinks were fine, house draught was Ok, bottled cobra (brewed in uk) fine as would be expected.

Rosé wine (€3 a glass 7.50 bottle) was Ok, but a bit tart with the sweet curry).

Total bill €42 which wasn't unreasonable, just a shame about the excess sugar.

I would go again but adapt my order to a dry dish like chicken tikka and a bombay aloo or similar. I should really have sent my curry back but we had waited maybe 20 mins for it and I really didnt want to wait again as the starter was large and I think my appetite would have wained.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best food in Benalmadena by far!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the best curry house in Spain (and the Uk!). The chicken tikka is their speciality and it certainly lives up to the hype-gorgeous!! We ended up here 4 nights out of 6 and everyone we have recommended it to is addicted too!

Dont go to Benalmadena without a vist to the Noor Mahal.

• Visited October 2012
“Simply the Best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Lovely welcome from Azim and Gabir as always followed by Altaf showing us to our table.
Had our usual poppadoms and chutneys and delish minty yogurt, lovely....
We didn't have starters tonight as my husband is on diet so ordered Lamb Bhuna, Chicken Cheese Tikka and Pilau Rice.
And this was the best ever, don't need a knife to cut the lamb as it falls apart with the fork going into it, the sauce was rich and full if flavour done exactly as I ordered it (medium) I cleared the lot needless to say!!!!
The chick tikk was also amazing! Just perfection!!! And the Rice was light and fluffy as it should be.
We had a house Rose wine tonight and thoroughly enjoyed its flavour and price...
All I can say is Noor Mahal is 5*****
An absolute pleasure to eat there and it ticks all the boxes..

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“The best Lamb curry ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This really is a 5star for Indian cuisine, The food is always of a high standard, I've been going there for 3+ yrs and never had a bad meal. I enjoy going there every week for my Delicious Prawn Pakora, followed by Lamb Madras and Pilau Rice.... The Waiters Azim, Sahid, and Altaf are Excellent, and always give the best service with a smile...

1 Thank Lilirosa