Estival Torrequebrada Hotel
Velazquez(Benalmadena)
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
1,305 results
All reviewspool areajunior suiteoverlooking the sealovely hotelbig hotelbus stophalf boardrelaxing holidaylarge balconythe costa del solplenty of sunbedsanimation teamsun loungershigh floorbuffet stylesea frontcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2006

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 8, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 1st to 8th September, 2006. We stayed in an executive suite, so I can't comment on the quality of a standard room. I think the 'five star' claim is a bit on the extravagant side. Three-and-a-half to four star is probably more accurate. The food is most definitely not five star! We found the choice limited and the quality very poor ( apart from the salads). I would recommend booking bed and breakfast only and eating out at lunch/dinner time. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and our room was well looked after. We did think that some of the poolside furniture, was past its best, but there was always plenty of recliners available and no need to ' go German' and get up at the crack of dawn armed with a beach towel.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank Danboyle
Reviewed August 11, 2006

My husband and I have just returned from this Hotel, and were very disappointed - definately not a 5 star Hotel.
Our main complaint was the food. Breakfast was OK, but it was the Evening Dinner that was pretty discusting. Each night was a BBQ night, which meant that you had to walk over grass to very large stainless steel containers, with a flame underneath, take the top off and scoop your food out onto your plate. I tried this and could not manage - the containers lids were too heavy. My husband and I had to help each other. The food inside the Containers was pretty mediocre, I found it quite boring, I could have done better myself in my garden. I waited for the Vegetables coming, and as usual - carrots, every day we had carrots, and they were tinned definately not fresh as they were advertised to be.
We did not go to the BBQ again and asked if we could have Lunch instead, this request was treated as if we had asked for a share of the Crown Jewels, and they said that we could not change back again - as if we would want to - I would have ended the week with arm muscles like Syvester Stallone.
Drinks were expensive, twice the price of other establishments, there was no entertainment except a Pianist in a bar, there was no dancing, no disco - in fact no fun at all.
If you had a car you will have to pay 10 euros a day for parking,
thats another £70 a week.
We paid extra for The Flamenco Show and a meal, the meal was ok, the Flamenco show was entertaining, but the second half of the show was bare breasted women, with sexual inuendoes throughout, we walked out as did other people, and the applause was muted.
I certainly would not recommend this Hotel at all so take heed and DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank linalan