Three of us stayed at this hotel for four nights on a half board basis in mid-October 2012.
Taking the advice of previous reviewers, I telephoned the day before arrival and arranged for two rooms on an upper floor. This was agreed but then forgotten as we were offered second floor rooms. We were allocated seventh floor rooms after a protracted discussion with the receptionist. The promised welcome bottle of wine never appeared and had to be requested.
To be fair, we got a ridiculously good deal from Voyage Privé and perhaps that is part of the hotels problems? I understand that the resort – and certainly the hotel – was particularly quiet so I guess the hotel offered accommodation to agencies at “next to nothing” rates in the hope that it will obtain additional revenue from drinks and extra’s. The problem with this strategy is that the hotel will need to cut costs and hence the quality of the hotel can easily suffer. Perhaps the THB chain is big enough to stand this loss but it’s not a great business model.
It is clear to see that this hotel could have enjoyed a grander status in the past. It is a little tired but not disastrously so. The rooms, common areas and facilities are all clean and acceptable. Most of the staff tried to be friendly but seemed to be under constant pressure and could perhaps do with more help.
Earlier Trip Advisor reviewers have been critical about the food and sadly their comments are justified. The breakfast and dinner offerings were diverse and plentiful, but some hygiene standards are woefully inadequate. Small birds flying in the restaurant was a regular occurrence; not an occasional one. Small flying midges were regularly seen encamped on some of the chilled salads and vegetables. On one occasion I alerted the waiter to the flying midges and then showed him about twenty or thirty small ants on two dessert dishes which were mostly empty. His surprised “Oh my God” expression seemed genuine and he took the offending dishes away. However, it did not appear to have been reported as some ants found their way to the replacement dishes! Perhaps a restaurant manager should be employed to keep the food fresh and up to standard. There was also a strong suspicion that some food regularly appeared on the buffet without being replaced.
We visited a flamenco evening which was fine in its own right but the organisation by the hotel was dreadful. The start was delayed for twenty minutes as a party of 40 was delayed. This party must have been important because the front rows of tables were reserved for them. The party failed to appear so the talent had to perform to two rows of empty tables. How disappointing for them! It seemed that the show was cut from the advertised 90 minutes and we had some drinks left which we thought we would take to another part of the hotel. The unsmiling entertainment manager (Mr Jamal?) told us that we had to finish the drinks in the vicinity. It was insulting to be thought as glass thieves!
This holiday was particularly good value but it is unlikely that we would return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your THB Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain