I stayed here years ago when this was a top class well maintained Hotel.
The grandeur is now faded and it could do with an upgrade.
The rooms are rather dated, but are still functional with good air con and comfortable beds.
They are also very clean.
View from the balcony was spectacular and the pool area and gardens are well maintained.
Some sunbeds are grubby and need replacing.
The Hotel is rather isolated, but great for a base if you hire a car.
The staff we met were helpful and pleasant
The food is dire..
I have seen the replies from Management denying that there is a problem, but the reviews are absolutely correct.
The same boring salad ingredients appear at every meal, bland and unappealing.
Poor ingredients are used for the main dishes. Fish overcooked, meat tough, no flavour.
Sauces are lumpy, pasta overcooked, rice sticky, chips and vegetables are cold. They must know this as there is a microwave available! Sausages from the BBQ appeared for breakfast the following day, some were only cooked on one side.
Same deserts appear every day, no variety..and again poor quality.
Worst food I have had in a 4* Hotel.
Birds fly freely around the dining area inside. Flies were landing on the breakfast cakes.
The dining room staff are really overworked.
They try to clear and set the tables and also take orders for drinks.
Surely a dedicated drinks waiter would improve things as tables are left uncleared for ages and dishes pile up on diners tables. Very unprofessional. A few local clearing station trollies would help.
The food problem needs sorting, it spoils the holiday experience and I heard many guests complaining.
Management try to justify their policy by replying to negative comments instead of addressing the problem.
I would love to see this Hotel restored to its former glory but I don't think it ever will be under the present owners
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your THB Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain