we booked 2 rooms to stay in the hotel la fonda over 5 months ago.4weeks before departure i was notified that the hotel was closed for renovations.the bookings were made by 2 seperate companys.one notified me of the closure of the hotel and offered 50 pound compensation and alternative accomodation in the fonda studios which my friends accepted.i contacted the company whom i had booked with to see if my accomodation had changed,i was informed that they had no word to say tht the hotel was closed.and my booking still stood.after e long confrontation with them they finaly admitted the hotel was closed.i found out myself through contacting the hotel direct that it had been closed for a year but the travel company were still taking bookings.we arrived at the studios and on entering thre was aterrible foisty smell from inside.on looking for the beds i noticed wat ithought was 2 wardrobes but on inspection were pull down single beds.on using the shower to freshen up the shower curtain did not reach the tray therefor the water was running all over the bathroom floor then making its way out into the passage and into the bedroom.there was no mop or any thing to get rid of the water we had to clear it up with the towels from the bath room.we went to reception desk to complain and the girl on the desk even said they were not very nice.we asked to be moved to somewhere with a double bed we eventually got 2 appartments but cost us an extra10 euros a day per couple.also the noise from roadworks was unbelievable on the mornings.the appartments were first class could not fault them. i have complained to travel company they said they are looking into it.we did not recieve the 50 pound compensation that my friends recieved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official category: 2 keys Reception:9:00 - 22:00 hours in Hermano Francisco 1. The apartments are situated in different streets of Benalmadena-Pueblo and they are distributed in 3 small buildings between 50 and 140 meters away from the reception. There are 8 studios, 8 apartments with 1 bedroom and 3 apartments with 2 bedrooms. All of them have satellite T.V., Individual air conditioning, heating, hairdryer. The kitchens are equipped with 2 electrical rings, Oven or Microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cooking utilities, cutlery, dinner service and household items. There is no washing machine or dishwasher. The apartments have Balcony or Terrace. The Studios have windows. INTERNET WI-FI FREE IN ALL APARTMENTS CLEANING SERVICE: -Summer: 3 times per week. -Winter: 2 times per week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartamentos La Fonda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos La Fonda Hotel Benalmadena
- Apartamentos La Fonda Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain