All reviewssteep hillhalf boardpool areabedside tablebasic hotellarge poolbar pricestrain stationbed and breakfastmost eveningsmobility problemswalking difficultiesenjoyable stayhotel is situatedpaellamalaga airportcleaned daily
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Booked a double room for single occupancy on line. I arrived this evening and the young guy on reception was curt, asked me for the passport if the second person. I told him I had booked for single occupancy and he spoke in Spanish to a colleague and asked her if there was a single available. When she said there wasn't he sighed and found me what I assumed was the double i had paud for but which turned out to be a twin with two narrow beds.
I returned to reception to see if I could get the room I paid for but the lobby was packed with a large group of guests checking in, so I decided to make the best of it.
A couple of hours later I went to bed but the noise from the pool made sleep impossible. I called reception but the woman who answered said that the noise was the 'entertainment' for the guests.
The hotel is badly in need of updating and is poor value for money.
Avoid at all costs; I would only consider staying here again if I was well paid for the misery of it all.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

If you just need a bed for the night, sure. We felt the receptionist was somewhat rude, bathroom and rugs felt dirty, and breakfeast was boring. About 15 free parking spots; rest are paid for. Note: A.C. and door to balcony in our room are linked.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

great hotel, food really good, bar prices very reasonable. 15 minute walk uphill to cable cars and tivoli park. staff friendly enough, rooms clean and tidy. Would use this hotel again.Entertainment on most nights.

Room Tip: we had room on first floor and could watch entertainment from balcony
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We booked Hotel San Fermin as a last minute holiday. We were not expecting alot however were surprisingly pleased. Clean hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are basic but again very clean. Food is ok however they are churing out alot for the number of customers this hotel is catering for so you are never going to please everyone. Good selection of drinks and very well priced. We were a little sceptical having read the many reviews regarding 'angina hill' however we are slightly pleased to say that these reviews heavliy exaggerate. If you happen to fall into the age catergory that this hotel seems to mainly cater for (70+) then this hill would hamper your holiday. However being two spritly 25-30 year olds this hill is merely a speed bump on your journey from the main road. A speed bump with many shops and bars along its route to stop and rest your weary legs. One complaint we do have regarding hotel san fermin are the extras that are charged during your stay. 30€ for use of the bedroom safe, 2€ per day to use a sunbed, 25€ deposit to have the air conditioning remote control in your room. We feel these charges could be reduced or even abolished especially the sunbed charge. Overall hotel san fermin beat expectations and should we be looking for a last minute holiday in the future we would definitely consider returning.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Just come back from a fabulous visit here.Hotel clean. Drinks incredibly priced food good..FPinaabulous kids club,enertainment and Maria and Pins the drinks waitresses made our holiday.. They are so funny and an asset to the hotel..wr loved them!. Loved the pool areobics instructor..such a laugh.Very Spanish orientated but made our English party very welcome.Would love to come back.Thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends