2,214 results
All reviews life guards kids club slide pool bigger slides snack bar family holiday water park half board pirate ship bar staff great family hotel all ages great holiday crisps toasties great for kids pools are great
Reviewed July 5, 2016

Positives:
• Great hotel overall. Kept very clean
• Entertainment was brilliant – Something different every night. Kids were very entertained.
• Food was good and always a good selection.
• Staff was great including bar staff and great drinks selection (mojitos by the pool was very welcome)
• Waterpark was fantastic and kept kids (and me) entertained most days. Even my 3 year old was allowed on all slides which was a massive bonus.
• Location is fantastic. 2 minute walk to beach which has loads going on including; inflatable waterpark on the sea, great beach bars and restaurants. 10 minute walk to Paloma Park which is amazing and all free, 30 minute walk to fabulous marina (although it doesn’t feel along walk when you walk along the beach front as its very vibrant) and 20 minute walk to cable car to go up mountain.
Negatives (as I think some should be mentioned)
• Rooms are small. A family room consists of two double beds next to each other (which is difficult if you have two boys as we do)
• While the waterpark and pool area is great the arrangements to get sunbeds is far from it. The pool and the waterpark opens at 10am and you are not allowed to enter any time before. This is a huge issue as if you want a sunbed you have to que up very early. People start queuing up at 8am (so if you want a sunbed I was having to go for breakfast by myself at 7:45am then que on my own for around two hours while my wife got kids ready then took for breakfast). Once the gates do open at 10 it then becomes a free for all as everyone runs for the best sunbeds throwing towels on beds, which often led to arguments…..not a great way to start each day. If you don’t que you don’t get a sunbed, and I went outside of School holidays.
• Kids club is only for kids 5 and over so if you have a three year old boy and a 5 year old boy it becomes very difficult. Coupled with the issues with the room my wife and I didn’t have any time to ourselves for the whole two weeks. The 5 year old accessed it a couple of times but obviously our three year old had to stay with us the whole time.
• While the food is good with a good selection it can become a bit samey for a fortnight. I think there should be theme nights, particularly as there is only one canteen style area.
• You need to be careful what you drinks you order as they have brand names on display, but they will give you different if they think they can get away with it, particular if you are all inclusive. For example I asked for Disarano and coke, they would try to use Amaretto from under the counter. Same with Malibu, they will try to give you Balu. If you question it they say ‘oh sorry’ and ‘it’s just the same’. They weren’t too happy when I clicked on and insisted on getting what I had asked for.

5  Thank alexanderoliver
Calidad D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing this review with us about your recent holiday here with us in Los Patos Park.

We are pleased to read that overall you had a great holiday.

I have deciphered the positive points and the not so positive ones and it looks like the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. We appreciate all suggestions and comments made from our valued guests. These comments help us to better our service and without them we would never know if certain aspects need to be looked into.

Allow me to clarify one or two points that may be of interest to other readers just to let them know what options they have.

The quadruple rooms we have may have two double beds or a double and two singles and some have four singles. Please contact us in advance and we will do our utmost to fulfill room preferences. This obviously depends on availability on arrival day.

At present we are opening the pools a little earlier. There is only a certain few that queue in the mornings and do so to make sure they get sun beds exactly where they want to sit. The majority of our guests arrive at the pools sporadically throughout the day and as we have sufficient sun beds for everyone there is no problem. It is 11:45 as I am writing this reply in mid July we are fully booked and there a still quite a number of sun beds available (admittedly maybe not exactly where some want them to be!)

Yes our Mini Club is for 5s and over. This information is publicized on our official website and is also with travel agencies. There are also lots of family activities which everyone can take part in. Our activity programme is on the notice board as you go out to the pool and a print out is also available for you to take away at reception.

Thank you once again for time you have taken to write this detailed review and for having chosen our hotel.

Guest Relations Dept

Reviewed July 4, 2016

This was our first family holiday with our 3yr old grandson and his parents. There was something for everyone. Our grandson had a wonderful time enjoying the pool with all the slides and the pirate ship. The food was lovely, we were never disappointed. The hotel standards and staff was first class. The evening entertainment was mostly good but did not like the bird shows as they were kept in small pet cages and paraded round the audience for photos shots at a cost.

We didn't, have a problem getting loungers as long as we didn't look for them around the children's activity pool. Think this would be a problem over our school holidays.

Plenty to see and do in the area. Every where lovely and clean. Would definitely recommend it.

Room tip: Plenty of lifts so no problem which floor you are on. Can get noisy when families are returning to their rooms.
1  Thank Jeanw120752
Calidad D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Dear Jean,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and other Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that your little 3 year old grandson had a lovely holiday here with us. As it seems all the rest of the family did too. That’s good to know. As I always say, happy kids make happy parents and that leads to happy grandparents too!

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you here again with us and thanks for recommending our hotel to others.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

This is a fantastic family hotel! We arrived 22nd May for 12 nights we travelled as a family 2 kids (5 and 9) check in was fast and simple, we were on the second floor and our room was lovely and clean and we had a lovely view of the waterpark/pool as previously requested. The food in the hotel was nice, the kids did prefer the snack bar to the restaurant. We loved how you can upgrade choices on crisps and ice lollies for a small fee excellent idea!! We left the hotel for 2 nights to go and get married we told the hotel we were leaving and when we got back there was a lovely bottle of bubbly chilling in our room to help us celebrate!! (thanks Diane).
The restaurant was lovely and clean and food was nice and hot. We never had to wait too long to be seated. On our last day they even opened the restaurant early so we could grab some breakfast before we left.
The bar and pool area are also clean and all the staff are very friendly. Olga was a real favourite with my daughter. Me and my husband loved watching the staff behind the var on a evening the were so funny and always smiling. They were our entertainment with the kids disco was on.
The WiFi can be a bit hit and miss.
We did go for walks outside the hotel we always found most of the shops to the left of the hotel as there didn't seem to be much to the right without walking quite a lot.
The que for the water park is crazy on a morning people were queuing from 9am. We just walked up about 10.15am and got the seats in the shade at the side to the right wait an hour or so and they have sun all day anyway!
It was also my sons birthday while we were away Diane was going to arrange for kitchen staff to make him a cake but I had took one with me. It was very kind of them to offer. Later on in the day when we got back to our room the hotel had left him a little present of a water squirter and some balloon animals. He was over the moon!!
All of the staff work so hard it is so hard to pick just one member of staff. Diane never stops she is like tourist infomation and customer relations manager all rolled in one. Los Patos Park has a fantastic team that all work together amazing keep up the good work and we will be definitely be returning. Thankyou To The Whole Team

Date of stay: May 2016
2  Thank Lyndsey_2006

Dear Lyndsey,

On behalf of The Whole Team here in Los Patos Park Hotel thank you very much indeed.

We just love spoiling our guests and getting such positive feedback makes us all realize that what we do is all worthwhile. The staff here work like cogs on a wheel, perfectly synchronized so that our hotel runs exactly the way you have kindly described it.
We promise to keep up the good work!

We look forward to seeing you Lyndsey and your family here with us again very soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

We (mum, dad, myself and my 9 month old twins) went to Los patos Park on the 24th June 2016 for a week half board.

The hotel is on a hill (which most of Benalmadema is so we knew this before we went.)

Firstly we were in the 9th floor - which were not moaning about - the lifts were always full. There are only 3 for such a large hotel.

On entering the rooms my double pram wouldn't fit through the door. The pram is a slim pram the same size of a standard wheel chair or buggy so had to remove the children every morning and night when entering and leaving the room.

My mum and dads room was next to one of the lifts (room 909) and the noise of the beeping at mechanics kept them up until 2am most nights!!
This room had the most horrendous smell of drains and male public toilets. We complained 3 times and was promised something would get done. The only thing that got done was a strong smell of bleach/disinfectant on entering which went within the hour.
In the end we ended spending nights until late in my room.

The pool area was amazing for children of all ages. Mine were only 9 months but enjoyed floating around the shallow water. For the week we were there we never had a sun bed as people queued from as early as 8-45am for them, putting 4 or 5 towels in a line and returning 2 or 3 hours later!!

We usually got a table and chair under a tree in the corner but would have liked a lie down mid day.

The reception staff were brilliant and Diane in customer services was fantastic, always there to help and offer advice on where to go etc...

The bar staff were great Olga stood out as the always had a smile and never stopped!!

The dining room was chaotic. The staff tried their best to sit you down but always seemed to sit certain families down first!

The food was great, although not as much choice as other hotels I've visited, still lovely.

Over all the hotel was great for kids and families and I would advise people to go all inclusive even if it's just for the drinks.

I wish it could have been better.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Fivestarannie
Calidad D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that one or two aspects of you holiday here with us did not quite reach your expectations.

I am sorry that your parents were not happy with their room and can assure you that there are no male public toilets on the 9th floor. (This comment is only so that other Trip Advisor readers are not confused). I have brought this point to the attention of our maintenance department.
We could have moved your parents to another room but it would have meant that you might not have been on the same floor for the rest of your stay as requested.

On the other hand thank you for pointing out that you were pleased with the food, the attention received by our reception staff, myself and our bar staff, especially Olga, I will let her know that you have mentioned her. The seating arrangement in our dining room is handled in an orderly professional manner by our Maitre D so I am surprised to read that it seemed that while you were here he sat certain families down first. Again please except our apologies.

If you, Hannah, ever do decide to return to Los Patos Park please let me know. I will and can make sure you next holiday with us will definitely be much better.

Kind regards to you and your family,