“Great hotel”

Hotel Los Patos Park
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in Sept. Loved it. Spotless, rooms cleaned every day with clean sheets and towels. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great food with lots of choice. Very central and in a quiet part so very relaxing. Not very many lifts so could get busy at meal times so choose a lower floor. Happy hour great fun, beach 5 mins walk, lovely little shops and bars 5 mins walk. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank mammyann
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel was full of spanish children and families screeching and screaming around the pool (all the English people seemed to take second place over anybody who was spanish including the toddlers who appeared to be let loose in the dining room every night whilst the spanish waiters (who saw their job as being clearer of plates and wheeled the noisy steel trolley around the dining room collecting the plates and scraping the food off in front of you!) The staff were rude, unhelpful, and upset my mother several times. The reception staff were the same. The ONLY person who was not unpleasant was the parking security man who worked at the front of the hotel and had the nighmare task of supervising the car parking and the many coaches that arrived. The people who stepped off the coaches were incredulous when they had to porter their own luggage, and because there were not enough lifts for them nobody can use the lifts when a coach party arrives. It is impossible to be happy in a room at the front of this hotel, so we asked to be moved, they found us rooms, but would not help with the porterage, I even offered to pay for someone to help, they were the most unfriendly, unobliging staff I have ever spoken to.

I handed a cockroach that had been crawling on my shoe (in the dining room) to the waiter, I told him where I had found it, thinking I was being helpful, he called me names in spanish to the other waiter who was at the bar and ignored me. THis is just ONE incident.

There are not enough lifts to serve the amount of people staying in this hotel. We stayed here four weeks and sometimes had to wait for 20 mins. My mother is disabled and cannot use stairs at all, the hotel said it had enough ramps to deal with someone who is disabled. It does not. The ramps are there to help with the pushchairs only, the ramp down to the dining room is dangerous no hand rail and one is too steep. We saw alot of elderly people struggling.

The room was cleaned regularly, but not up to a particularly high standard and the balcony was never swept in all the time we were in the hotel. the sheets were not changed every day just smoothed out. Weekends were a nightmare, the swimming pool was impossible to sit around due to spanish families and groups of childrean running wild between both pools. All the entertainment was geared towards children (even at 10 at night in the bar) The food was absolutly awful, we were both sick, we watched cold meats being put on top of other cold meats on a tray. The hot food was not hot, and swam in olive oil (everything reheated!) . If you stay in this hotel, you can normally find something OK for breakfast, dont eat the dinner. On several evenings whilst in the queue for dinner we were passed (30 or so in each group) teenage groups that were staying in the hotel, although they were allocated seating away from the rest of the diners they made deafening noise, and moreover, they made a mess with the buffet food wherever they went. We chose to dine out. A simple warning and allocation of time would have been enough for us to avoid contact. The fact they were prioratised really made alot of people angry.

The photos do not reflect the truly miserable views from the balconies, it is surrounded by high rise flats. Overlooked on either side. We will not stay here again and I would not recommend, the other French and English people staying here were very angry, and I saw several complainants in the reception area every day.

I resent the money I paid, the unhelpful staff would not change our agreement to just bed and breakfast (we had paid for half board).

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here stay at the back not the front. IF you are even slightly diabled ask for a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Elli21
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for a week. On arrival at night the reception staff were miserable and unwelcoming.The room was unclean there were pieces of glass in the wardrobe, and the bathroom mirror was dirty.The food was the most dissapointing factor, be ready to set your own table, we all had to collect our cutlery prior to eating. We have never stayed in a 3 star which makes you do that!it didn't feel like dining in a 4 star ,it reminded us of a works canteen, the mad rush for the toaster wasnt great ,the roof was very low so the noise was over powering , you wouldn't want to order wine and relax over a nice meal.
Mainly Spanish people are staying at the hotel, be aware that they have a sleep in the afternoon, so at around midnight when you think your going to to get a good sleep, think again. They go out then with many tired screaming children return at 2am waking you up!
The mornings start with a wake up call from the maintenance staff cutting hedges at 7am..so that's a great sleep had by all!!
If you want a nice hotel to relax and enjoy the food and peace, then DONT STAY at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was lovely. It is close to lots of local amenities but because it is off of the main strip, the rooms are quiet at night. The staff were friendly and helpful. I liked the fact that it had a mainly Spanish clientele who had come from Madrid for a holiday. I would definitely return to this hotel as the pools were lovely, rooms clean and food good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 14 to 21 August 2012 and really enjoyed my stay there. The staff are very courteous and efficient. The rooms are spacious enough and the level of cleanliness is good. Rooms serviced each day and linens changed regularly. The air conditioning system is very efficient and very welcome!
The dining room is immaculately clean and the food is very goo quality.
As a half board guest, it would be great if a little more variety could be introduced to the evening menu however this is a comment rather than a complaint.
The pool area is very nice however this is where some improvements could be made - the sun loungers need to be cleaned more frequently, the terrace & tiled area need to be scrubbed as they were quite dirty in parts.
There is a paved area under the floor tap where children were slipping which was dangerous - this was not noted by any lifeguard on duty. If I had a small child I would have been very concerned.
In general it was a great stay but the pool area needs to be attended to.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool area is nicer!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RnRLady
Reviewed August 15, 2012

i stayed here on my own with my daughter who was 3 and i was 25 at the time 2 years ago. on my second night there something woke me up at around 3.30am in the morning. i woke to find a man on his hands and knees at the end of my bed. i started screaming and he ran out of the room. my worry was that my door was swipe card operated so how did he get in? at 6am the next morning i rang my brother who was staying in the nearby vistamar and he came straight down. at the reception they initially tried to deny it until i spotted the man who was in my room wearing a hotel uniform. it turns out he was a hotel porter. they were very unhelpful and i was very worried. they said there was only 2 porters on the night before and they had no reason to be in my room. i stayed in my brothers apartment on the floor for 3 nights as i was so scared. my daughter is pale with blonde hair, blue eyes etc and all i could vision was maddie...if i had been drinking that night i might not have woken and she could have been in morocco by next mornin.all thoughts were going threw my head. i eventually went back to hotel and got a different room on a different floor. the reception told me the man had confessed to been in my room for an early morning airport call?bull, i had a phone beside my bed, he could have knocked on my door?? and it was in the system i had practically just arrived. a pathetic excuse for a very terrible incident. it ruined my holiday and the fear is still instilled in me to this day when i think of it. i will NEVER bring my daughter abroad again. it is frightening the thoughts going threw my head, are they involved in a kidnappin ring? are they robbing rooms?? i dont know. this man was a night porter in the hotel, he was on his hands and knees?? he was in his fifties with grey hair and a moustache. please beware in this hotel..

Room Tip: would never stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank scaredsoscared
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After spending 7 nights at hotel Los Patos in May 2012, I can share with the following aspects:
- The hotel is located in the commercial area of Benalmadena, very close to the bus stations for Malaga, Torremolinos, Marbella, and also to supermarkets, pubs, gift shops, the promenade and the beach. Despite its central location it is not noisy.
- The room (508) was spacious and had all the amenities I was looking for (TV, a/c,refrigerator, hair dryer...); it was cleaned daily.
- The meals were satisfactory; one shouldn't expect an all inclusive variety, but various fresh dishes were available (chicken, pork, fish, rice, paella, pasta, pizza, desserts, salads).
- The staff was welcoming, friendly and was helpful with all my requests.
- The hotel has WiFi in the lobby and at the bar on the ground floor.
- The entertainment options offered by the hotel in the evening were great (flamenco, eagles show, live music).
Bonus info for foreign tourists: "Los Patos" means "The ducks" in Spanish. The hotel actually has 3 ducks, which show up in the mornings by the pool.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool, 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family