“Good location”

Pierre & Vacances Residence Benalmadena Principe
Sydney, Australia
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent 2 nights in an apartment on the 2nd floor with a pool view. The apartment was comfortable but I guess I expected a lot more having read all the very positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The furniture was a little worn but that's being picky as it wasn't too bad. We were travelling with friends who requested that their room be changed as there was a huge stain on their sofa and the dining chairs hadn't been cleaned properly and had greasy hand marks all over them. The hotel dealt with this request very well and had them moved to a different room which was better. My bed however was very uncomfortable. We had been travelling for nearly 3 weeks to different cities and this was definitely the most uncomfortable bed I had encountered. I guess each apartment is different and some are better than others. On a positive note, the hotel has a nice lobby area and the location and amenities are very handy. The pool area is also very nice and the balconies are spacious.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoJo110865

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Polish first
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed in these apartments from 23/9 to 7/10 and I would endorse all the previous good reviews. The bedroom is spacious with a large modern wardrobe that includes three drawers. There is additional storage in the form of bedside cabinets and a small free standing unit. A safe is located within the wardrobe- 3E per day, 20E per week.
The lounge similarly is large with a sofa bed, sideboard, table with 4chairs and a modern t.v. - BBC1 and Sky News plus countless Spanish channels. We had a corner apartment overlooking the sea which had a massive balcony with table and chairs.The kitchen is well appointed with dishwasher, washing machine, 4 plate hob, microwave/grill and plenty of crockery, glasses etc. The bathroom has a bath with shower above, toilet sink and bidet.
The Reception Staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. The apartments are located about 100yds from the sea front and are in a quiet location. The pool is a decent size and the only negative would be that the sun terrace is quite small for the number of apartments and whilst we didn't have any problems one could imagine that at peak times sunbeds would be at a premium. As mentioned by others some of the sunbeds could do with being replaced. Overall I would say that these apartments offer excellent value and are as good as any holiday apartment we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner apartment with sea view
2 Thank Pakses
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent 3 nights here 5 - 8 October, pleasantly surprised! The booking was for two people (self catering) but could easily hold four people. Kitchen well equipped but would have liked a milk pan and table mats to be included in the kitchen. Room decorated lovely. Balcony view quite refreshing and relaxing from the high floors. AC excellent.

Do not like the dark corridors with light sensors that come on when you are near the rooms can be quite frightening for children.

Staff not too welcoming at first, but I find this to be very common all over Spain. We had a few minor problems, but they sorted them quickly and efficiently. Pool area far too small for this size hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor much quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bevcbarnes7
Leeds, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great apartments in what we thought was a good location. The hotel is approx 25 minutes walk away from the marina from the Fuengirola side. Some of these apartments are residential so the only downside for some people would be it lacked the normal 'hotel feel'. There is no bar as such but a pizza/cafe/bar next door that serves the hotel. The hotel is incredibly quiet to say it was fully booked whilst we were there. The apartment is fully equipped with dish washer, microwave, washer/dryer, toaster, kettle and full size fridge/freezer. There is a flat screen tv and also point to plug your MP3 into to play music controlled from each room. The bathroom has a hair dryer that actually has a bit of 'umph' to it!!! The large sized balcony was nice with pull down clothes airer. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank MORDIE14
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed in these apartments recently and have to say how lovely and clean they were.You know when you see pics of accomodation online often when you get there they are not the same.These ones lived up to the pictures.Very modern,clean and everything you needed.Dishwasher,washing machine,fridge and microwave.Very quiet as well no doors banging at night.We had a few minor problems like bulbs going out and dishwasher not working but no sooner had we reported the fault to reception the guy was there to fix them.Reception Staff were great and helpful as well.One of the few places ive been where the aircon actually works.
The only negative about the aprtments is the sun didnt actually come over the pool area until 11ish most days.Then again no getting up at 6am to get a bed there were plenty.
Had a great time and will be returning again.

Room Tip: If you want the sun all day I would recommend a room facing the pool.
2 Thank JancamScotland
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spent one week at Pierre & Vacances have to say it was the best place that we have ever stayed.
We had a pool and sea view got the sun in the morning and afternoon then nice and cool in the evening. Apartment had all you would need i.e. kettle,toaster,and the rest. Shower in the bathroom is magic . The air/con in the bedroom and lounge is very good and very quite. Check in was very quick with no problems. Beach is just 4 min walk from the apartment . Pool had plenty of sun bed's . Staff were very pleasant and polite. Overall one would go a long way to find or match this or better at the same price. Would definitely recommend the Pierre & Vacances Principe for a holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south get more sun and are very quite.
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I (both in our 40's) stayed at the Benalmadena Principe for 2 weeks in May 2012. Booked as a package with Easyjet Holidays. We arrived prior to official check in time due to our flight time but this was no problem at all. The helpful receptionist gave us a choice of apartment to choose from. We chose a high floor as I am a light sleeper and am easily disturbed by noisy people above me. We had room 1007, a 1 b/r apartment, on the 10th floor with a side view of both the sea and the mountains. Apartment was lovely, clean, well furnished and with everything promised in the description. Kitchen had hob, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, plenty of crockery and utensils. Everything was spotlessly clean. Apartment had a huge blacony with table and chairs where we usually spent our mornings till about 1pm when the sun went from this side of the bulding. The apartments were cleaned regularly, sheets and towels changed and even the dishwasher tablets we'd used were replaced. The main reception area is a lovely area with plenty of seating and I used my laptop on the wifi down there (payable locally but not too bad). I ended up buying a mobile broadband dongle from the Vodaphone shop in El Corte Ingles opposite the entrance to the Marina as found it more convenient to sit on our balcony or in apartment to use internet. Was told by reception that the wifi signal does not work on the higher floors. Many of the local bars have free wifi though and will give you a code if needed for the price of a drink or two. My BB then picked this up everytime I passed by them so could quickly send an e-mail or update my FB when passing..!! Reception staff were always helpful, friendly and spoke good English. My only criticism of the Benalmadena Pricipe is the pool area. It is perfectly adequate but could do with a makeover. Sunbeds had no cushions pool area is just a bit tired. We sat down there briefly one afternoon but I found the sunbeds too hard without cushions and actualpool area was fenced off and gate locked. It was open at other times but I wasn't keen on the surroundings. Nothing really bad just could do with a bit of updating of the outside furniture and a bit of a makeover. We strolled down to the beach most days and rented a very comfy sunbed with a nice thick cushion down there. We used the snack bar once for an emergency pizza to keep my partners belly happy...!! Again was ok and staff friendly but could do with a bit of a makeover. I'm not sure if it is actually part of the Benalmadena Principe or a seperate entity. It was fine for a quick snack or coffee. It is in a quiet location but not too far to walk to restaurants and shops or beach and I have mobility problems. The Marina is walkable but it is a long walk and a taxi was very reasonable. I was extremely pleased with the Benalmadena Principe and would have no hesitation about returning or recommending it to others. It IS as good as it looks in the photos......!!! I highly recommend the Restaurante Orient Palace II (Chinese) just round the corner on Palmeras. Food excellent - one of the best Chinese Restaurants I have ever been to and I live in London where we have a plethora of Chinese Restaurants and have travelled extensively but the food here is superb and the staff are efficient friendly and welcoming. We went here about 4 times during our stay and had our final evening meal here. All in all a lovely trip made even better by the high standard of the Benalmadena Principe.

Room Tip: High floor facing the sea/mountains gets the sun all morning and you get to look out to sea every mo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple