“Agua de oriente - Relaxation in the middle of the busy holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Agua de Oriente

Agua de Oriente
Helsinki
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Agua de oriente - Relaxation in the middle of the busy holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

Baños Arabes de Benalmádena- Agua de oriente offers you a perfect getaway from the busy life. The experience takes about 2 hours in total and after that you'll find yourself relaxed and full of energy.

The place is situated in Avenida del Mar, it's a street between Puerto Marina and the street Avenida Antonio Machado from Torremolinos and Benalmádena. You can get there by a bus (closest bus stop is in front of McDonalds, on both sides of the street, the drivers know the place by name "Plaza Solymar") or by a car. Parking places are pretty hard to find close to this place but there are parking places in Puerto Marina and they cost about 1 euro/hour.

In my point of view, I kind of ruined this experience for myself by going to a place like this in Granada first (Aljibe de San Miguel). I was so extatic after that experience that I was a little bit disappointed when I came to Benalmádena. In Granada there were 6 different temperature baths and the atmosphere was amazing and also the price was very reasonable (less than 30 euros with a massage). Agua de oriente is a great place if you don't have anything to compare it to. The beautiful decorations are similar to old moorish designs and there is arabic music playing at the background.

In Agua de oriente there are 3 different water temperature baths and a Turkish bath (steam room) and also possibility for massage. I made a reservation for the baths and 30 minutes massage and it cost 50 euros. I made the booking in the reception and the staff seemed very nice and at least some of them spoke English. I had to pay 50% of the price in advance.

When I arrived to the reception at the time of my reservation they gave me a towel and a pair of slippers (you only need to have some kind of swimwear with you) and then directed me to the dressing room and after that to the baths. There was only one couple at the same time with me so I had the chance to really take it easy.

The lighting seemed a little bit "fake" as there was these modern led-lights under the water and the beutiful chandeliers had electric candels instead of real candels in them. These are small things but for me it seemed a little tacky. Also the massage wasn't really that good (I asked for only a backmassage as I had been driving the car a lot), the masseur kind of just rubbed my back and shoulders with lots of oil. But despite these things the feeling after the baths was amazing. It was a hot summer day and it was really refreshing. I can imagine that this could also work on a cold or rainy day...

You can find more information about the location, prices and the concept of Agua de oriente from www.aguadeoriente.com

6 Thank MML_LLE