“holiday”
Review of Holiday Palace

Holiday Palace
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed February 3, 2014

we went to this hotel last year,i have a 7 year old son who loved every minute of it,we read reviews before we went and people had said it was at the top of a very steep hill,which,yes there was a slight hill but took 5 mins to walk down to the waterpark,a shuttle bus ran every few mins anyway,there food was delicious plenty of choice,rooms fab,staff fab,couldnt fault the holiday in any way and would defo go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank clair c

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel with all of my family as we were going to Spain because I was getting married, upon arrival we had to wait 4hrs to get keys for our room, after the 4 hours we were asked to wait even longer at this stage the while day was gone and we still hadn't got I to our rooms to change. Anytime we needed anything from reception the staff were extremely rude and I fled they didn't want to be there. The food out by the pool was reheats and when we were in the pool we weren't allowed splash or have fun. The water park with the elephants in the pictures is not in this complex but is across the road and you have to hire the rings if you want to use them. Anyone with small kids I would highly recommend to go somewhere more suitable as the hill up to this hotel is very steep. There is a shuttle bus that goes up and down but does stop at a certain time. It is also a good bit away from the town so you are quite isolated from everything and can cost a fortune on taxis. I really wish I had done some research on this before I booked as it was extremely frustrating. The rooms were kept clean and fresh towels everyday.

Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Mollyjv
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just returned from a 1 week last minute stay, our first experience of all inclusive, which surprisingly was very impressive. Lots of food choices for both adults and children, even fussy eaters!!! Also access to two other restaurants the Mexican and the Italian which are included within your stay one visit to each restaurant per week. The buffet restaurant chefs must be constantly cooking, but still to a good standard even though it was coming to the end of the season. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We requested and extra chair on the balcony and by our return to the pool it was there, however they failed to replace the bulb in the bathroom, but we put that down to the hotel closing up for winter and this would be done on the maintainence list, along with the repair and replacement of the curtains in both the rooms!!!!
The water park was amazing, although it was only open threes times throughout the week and you had to hire the rubber rings at 6 euros each and 14 euros returnable deposit. I feel that this should be available to all under all inclusive deals. Especially as it was only open between the hours of 11am - 3pm.
We used the bus service, the 120, which I would recommend, into Benalmadena only 15mins journey to a lovely beach and fantastic marina with some good restaurants and bars if you want a change of scene. Bus fare price 4.65 euros eash way for 2 adults and 1 child. By taxi its appx 11 euros.
Also going the opposite direction from the hotel to Fuengirola its still a short journey. You can save money this way rather than booking one of the trips. Which when we were there were not all running.
We used the poolside snack bar, but there is only so many times you can face ham n cheese toastie chips chicken nuggets etc. Having said that there was the same tuna salad and melon and plenty of fruit available. The Beach club across the road provided good facilities however drinks and food had to be paid for. Kids entertainment crew fantastic!!!! Very amusing and doing a great job. plenty for the younger ones but mine is 12 so not much available unless your a boy. There was access to the escape den but not her thing!!!! Not sure I would like it in peak season, as I could see it being very noisy!!!
The rooms are spacious, and beds very comfy. Toiletries provided in a large bathroom and water in the fridge when we arrived. I liked the piano bar very relaxing but the evening singers/groups were much to be desired.I would recommend this hotel for families and friends you could easily have lots of fun, we managed a late booking and the price was reasonable.
We also took advantage of the spa and gym facilities, be warned equipment in spanish and desperately needs replacing, also the spa area you need to wear swim hats (spanish law) we paid 2 euros for each hat!!!

Room Tip: When booking we asked for sea view/balcony which we got and the view was brilliant also away from a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Kri510
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here from 15th-22nd oct 2013. There was myself, partner, our nearly 3 year old and my parents. The hotel spec was most certainly a 4* very clean and adventurous however other areas were more of a 3*.As you can see by my other reviews I am a fair reviewer. The food was average certainly not 4* quality, there was plenty of choice but a weird mixture, no real meals for example there was a chicken tikka masala which was nice but then no rice etc to go with it. Food was never hot more warm often cold.
The hotel was in shut down mode, which is understandable as it was coming to the end of the season however for the price we paid to stay we would have stilled appreciated the 4* service we should have received. I can imagine this hotel to be packed in peak season which I personally wouldn't have liked as the restaurant for such a big hotel is very small.
The pool bar was shut even though most days it reached 30degs.
There were 4 hotels on the complex, all of the same group but you couldn't use the food and drink if you are on the AI basis but you can use their other facilities. The beach club was down the bottom of the hill and across a bridge but there was a free shuttle bus which was provided.
The hotel is advertised in brochures as being 700m from the beach, if you class a bit of sand as a beach the yes but to reach the nearest proper beach you need to catch the free shuttle bus to the main road, walk right out of the hotel and walk for about 45min to get to the main beach of fuengirola, turn left and walk for a good hour to reach the main beach of benalmadena. There was a bus stop on the main road, if you catch the 120 it takes you to either towns each about 15mins and cost 1.60euro per adult.
The beach club was good but I would say more suitable for kids over 5 so they can use all of the facilities it has to offer, you can use the AI on drinks here but you need to pay for food.
There was hardly any entertainment, kids disco(when on) didn't start until 9.30.
Rooms were very spacious and clean. We were on the 2nd floor in 213 could not fault the rooms. We did see the dinosaur rooms on the floor below which looked to be fun for kids to go into but didn't see inside them so can't comment if it would be worth the extra for these.
Would I stay here again............. Probably not unless it was very cheap.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank sunshine003
HPalace, Manager at Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear that there were several aspects you weren`t entirely happy with it.
We will use the comments you made to improve our services in the departments that you mark.
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about our hotel.
Regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay at this great hotel. The hotel is part of a group of hotels clustered with Holiday Village. Holiday Palace is especially great for kids as it has a small waterpark style area across the road, which is part of the hotel and only cost us 6 euros to use. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, entertain was ok, rooms were great, clean and spacious. Felt like a 4 star hotel. Didn't use pool in the hotel, but looked good. General deco of hotel seems to need updating, but still in good condition. Hotel is fairly far in the resort, but they have a free shuttle bus that takes you to the front. The hotel has a beach nearby. The busier beaches and shopping area are about 5 mins drive, too far to walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 250indiantraveller

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback about our hotel.
Your kind words towards our staff will be shared with them as they will be pleased to hear it.
We hope to see again soon and have the opportunity to welcome you personally.
Best regards.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great hotel,, lovely rooms with lounge bedroom and a kitchen,,what I liked about this hotel is you didn't have to get up at silly o clock to get a sun bed which for me is a bonus,, the food was great I thought catered mainly for the Spanish which wasn't a problem for me,, I think it was mainly a hotel for Spanish because entertainment was mainly in Spanish but they are really nice people which is why we chose Spain for our holidays, entertainment in the day time was great for everyone,, would definetly be going back to this hotel,,,,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank marie b
HPalace, Manager at Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Marie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback about our hotel.
It is a pleasure to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see again very soon and have the opportunity to welcome you personally.
Regards.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Just returned Saturday after 10 nights and thought it was ok but not worth the money we paid. £1450 for half board for a family of 3. Food was ok but not good for the baby, was warmed up a lot from the previous day/s, catered a lot for Spanish tourists, staff polite at times and ignorant some times also, they all looked very stressed out covering all areas of the hotel.
Is in Mijas so expect a good 20 minutes on the bus to both main strip of shops and bars.
Beach club available to all inclusive clients but we had to pay €12 per visit which I thought was unfair, but great for the kids, really nice atmosphere and 2 bars/ food huts on site.
Only really bad downside was the entertainment was not outside by the pool area but in the bar inside, really really really loud, the last 2 days we were there a lot of Spanish people arrived and was very loud up until 12! The baby was up till then and shes 19 months!!! Had to have the air con machine on till 12 to drown the Spanish singing or shouting not only in the bar but outside it which was in the communal area downstairs. Overall would I stay here again, no but would consider the hotel Polynesia over the road, catered for children with entertainment and mixed English, Spanish and German not just Spanish!
Enjoyed my first hol with my baby but wouldn't advice for a young family.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jose1878
HPalace, Manager at Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write your comments about our hotel. We feel that your stay with your baby was not so quiet what you and your family expected.
All your feedback will be consider for each department.
We look forward to have the opportunity to see you again in our hotel in the future.
Regards.