“Nice Pool, Rude Staff”
Review of Casinomar

Casinomar
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I arrived back from a girls trip away last week at Casino-Mar. I was a little concerned after reading the reviews on here, although it wasnt that bad. I got the distinct impression that they do not like English!!

Having booked a room for 3 women, I was shocked to find a double bed and a sofa bed when we arrived. We went to reception, to be told that all rooms are the same and that we couldn't move to have our own beds.

One morning we asked about the Tour Bus and were told to wait at the bus stop at the corner of the street, after over an hour I asked in a neighbouring hotel, who advised me that the Tour Bus was actually 400m down the road.

Would visit Benalmadena again, but probably not Casino mar.

Room Tip: One bedroom appartments literally have one room and they do not have twin rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bev B

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The resort is located in a well-diserved area in terms of shops, transportation, and leasure places. It is also only few steps away from the beach. Regarding the appartment, it is medium-sized, large enough for a family of three. It also has a nice terass with a beautiful view on the seaside, provided the fact that the appartment is at 4th or 5th floor. There is a garage, which is a plus, and very nice and appealing pool. The appartment is well-equiped in terms of commodities and kitchen accessories, so one does not need to buy any additional stuff really, except food. You'll find a good and spacious fridge, an almost new washing machine and even a coffee maker. Both the bathroom and bedroom were clean and well-equiped with furniture, lights, etc. No complains whatsoever.
We were very pleased my wife and I during our stay and will most definetely stay there again if we get the chance. Highly recommended +++++

Room Tip: Upper floors for nice views and to enjoy the terass
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Amine K
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Bought a recent groupon getaway for 4 nights but surprise surprise when I tried to book for June - they were full from June to end sep!!! Absolute CON!!

Room Tip: dont go!! its an absolute con
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmyLou25
Reviewed April 21, 2012

As soon as you arrive if after 5pm make sure you have a number to call as nobody there to let you in ! After about 20mins I found a lady who lived there to help me find the telephone number that is on a office door around the corner from the gates where you get dropped off its about the 4/5 shop down !! Someone came within 5 mins after I phoned took us to our room. The rooms are ok basic but clean 7/10 it could do with a paint over but as its cheap worth it. The bedding & towels are clean & plenty of them. Kitchen has all you need even washer,iron & board. The view we got was rubbish but we was not in all day so didn't bother us. The Appartment blocks was about 5 min walk from some restaurants & super market. But if you want to go to the main part it's about 25min walk & not an easy walk. The bus stop is outside & you can get on it for 1:40€ this price will take you all the way to the next town or just to the main area of shops & marina same price any stop. Would I stay again yes but would hire a car or take extra to cover bus fairs as it adds up !

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Lolagreaves
Reviewed April 7, 2012

arrived sunday 25th March at 10am, already pretty hot at that time of day. Place looked great until i realised i couldnt get into the locked gates. After much ringing the booking agency number for help in getting in but them not being able to get through to the numbers either, i snook in through the gates as a car left, i was told by an english lady the number for the key holder is on the shop window around the corner, the shop was shut but had no number. It took 6 hours for the key holder to finally come out to me and let me in. i was hot, sunburnt and dehydrated, i was very scared by the whole thing, i had ran out of credit on my phone and all i wanted was my faince to book me a flight home again, it was not a nice experience being a female on my own in a foreign country with the language barrier, if it had not been for the english lady helping me (she used her own phone and having fluent spanish she got me sorted... much thanks to her). she informed me this was a regular occurance and in fact, it happened to another family on the friday before i left. I also must have been the only person in that block of apartments that would answer the door to the postman every morning, he rang my bell continually until i did so, so i had no choice.... i was on this holiday as a break from 3 years of treatment to a spinal injury... running up and down 2 flights of stairs was not my idea of fun !!

HOWEVER.... all that put aside, the apartment was fantastic, clean, breathtaking views, lovelly balcony that overlooks the sea, quiet area but within easy walking distance to some amazing shops and a real exhilerating walk across the coastal line. I advise anyone to eat in Tam Tams, brilliant food, a tadd expensive but a worth every penny, i sat on the terrace drinking a jug of sangria and eating wonderful food there for most of my stay... there is 2 large supermarkets within walking distance, selling good but wine at low cost so by 9pm i was back on my lovelly balcony chilling out with a book and a nice wine, dont bother eating in,i bought my own continental style breakfast items to eat on the balcony every morning, which kept me going through the day but its far more cheaper to eat out in the evening.

To be honest, i wouldnt have even moaned about the post man if i hadnt a bitter taste still in my mouth concerning not being able to get in to the apartment, that really is my only big moan. My fiance and my daughter plan to return to the area for a month, maybe longer, very soon, and i have to be honest, as long as i can be assured the key would be there on time, i would return back to the apartments on this complex without hesitation. If it had nt been for the key i would have rated this a 5 instead of the 3 i have given.

NOTE TO THE OWNER..... BEAUTIFUL PLACE BUT YOU NEED TO GET THE KEY ARRANGEMENTS SORTED OUT MUCH BETTER, YOUR PAYING A PERSON TO DO THIS WHO IS NOT DOING HIS JOB AS HE SHOULD, ITS A SCARY POSITION TO BE PUT IN AS A SINGLE FEMALE TRAVELER AND NO DOUBT JUST AS SCAREY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN TOO.

Room Tip: just make sure the keys are sorted on arrival before you go.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank karenprokopowycz
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The casinomar apartments are clean and spacious,the grounds were beautifully kept as was the pool.The apartments are very well equipt with full cooker,microwave,washing machine and more than enough cutlery and crockery,we cooked a full christmas dinner for 7 people which tells you how well equipt these apartments are.
I would advise anyone who is arriving after 5pm to call the reception and let them know the time you are arriving so that they can arrange for someone to meet you with a key.It does actually advise this on the comfirmation booking and gives the telephone number,but it is in small print and can easily be missed.We arrived at 11pm and was met 5 minutes later by a rep arriving with the key.
This is the reception phone number for making arrangements ------. The apartments are about a 10 minute walk from the shops bars and restaurants so anyone arriving late with young tired and hungry children would be better making sure they have something packed to eat in the apartment,

There is a large supermarket nearby but the small shop below the complex is good too.The beach is only about 5 mins walk away,most of the apartments have fantastic views of the sea.
If you need to change money do not use the bank on the corner walk to the shops and all the tour operators change money for 0% commission.

It is well worth visiting Paloma park for children and adults,lots of small animals,great activities for the kids and a cafe.The bus service is fantastic and there is the biggest market on the Costa del Sol in marbella on Tuesdays.The bus runs every hour,buses to Fuengirola are every 20 minutes it is worth the visit.A great day out is the Gibralta trip which you purchase from the tour operators 13 Euro for a shopping day which goes three times a week,it is more expensive for the guided tour.
The apartments and the area they are in is very peaceful away from the crowds but close enough to everything.Ideal for families and couples young or the more mature,may be a problem for anyone with limited mobility because of walking to and from shops and restaurants.Forgot to mention there are lifts in the apartment blocks,which makes it easier as there are quite a few flights of steps to get to the upper floor
Hope this review has been of some help and hope you enjoy Benalmadena and the apartments as much as we did.Happy holidays

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank helen w
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was staying with my younger brother there for 2 weeks, the place was meant for 4 persons but with just 2 it was more than satisfying. The studio apartment had 2 balconies, nice kitchen and small livingroom. It was cleaned after every 3 days by the genetor. We had to move to a smaller apartment before last night due some technical problems but we just lost about 1 hour of our time to move into apartment located on a lower floor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family