“hotel vista de rey”
Review of Vista de Rey

Vista de Rey
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed October 13, 2012

just returned from Vista De Rey we did enjoy our stay here although we had 4 days rain. The rooms are spacious and have all the usual requirements if you are self catering. We went room only as we much prefer to eat out so I cannot coment on the food if you go half board.
I will admit that we found the distance from Benalmadena a pain as we had to commute daily either by bus or train.
The bar down the small hill (Chique) is nice but dont have a restaurant so the only other place to eat within walking distance is the Spanish restaurant which we ate at twice. I found the menu ok but a bit pricey.
The staff were helpful with us as we had a rather noisy neighbour move in half way through our stay and we were moved straight away so that we didnt have to listen to them talking loudly / singing & swearing when they returned from a night out.
I think I would have liked the cleaner to visit more than every three days but it didnt cause us much of a problem as we always keep things tidy anyway.
I disagree that the lady on reception was unfriendly, we found her quite nice, maybe if you are pleasant to people then you get a similar response.
We probably wont return to this hotel again only because the position is too far from where we like to be in Benalmadena.

Room Tip: If you have a chance ask to be in either room 321 or 301 as they are at the end of the top floor and...
3  Thank Wayne099

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have just returned from an 10 night stay at the Vista de Rey.We satayed in room 102 which is a ground floor room which opened out directly by the pool. it is a very nice hotel,although strictly speaking they are studio appartments.They have everything you would need for your stay,microwave/grill,pans cutlry and crockery.
The rooms are spacious very clean and nicely decorated bathrooms aren`t the biggest but are what they are I`m 6`2" but didn`t struggle. The hotel has a bar we only used a few times,it`s pricey for some things,a San Miguel is 2 Euros for a can that costs 60 cents at the local supermarket! cans of pop and big bottles of water are 1 Euro and 1.5 Euros. We stayed B &B and to be fair the quality was ok,it`s a continental breakfast...of sorts,you wouldnt go hungry,if something ran out it was replced ,the staff peered around the door every so often, although hardly spoilt for choice,3 types of ham and salami, cheese,jam and marmalade and 3 types of cereal,sliced bread and rolls,hot and cold drinks machine and a toaster that well doesn`t work very well to put it politly
The reception staff were very helpful and polite at all times,check in was quick and easy.Safes are in the room and cost about 4 euros a day with a 10 euro deposit.
The local area has 2 well stocked supermarkets,a good bar called La chique 2.5 euros for a pint and 3 restaurants,1 was closed while we were there but Luciano 2 was fabulous a bit pricey perhaps but very very good and the steaks are huge and the beset to most places I`ve had in a long time,the restaurant next door is also very good and we had lunch there and it too was very good.
The easiest way to get about is by train opposite the hotel.1.45 to get to most places,although someyimes you had a bit of a walk to get to your destination! Down the bank from the hotel is the main road and a main bus route 1.45 euros takes you to most places and buses run every 20 mins.
I have probably missed a load of things which I was going to put in,so if there is anything you need to know don`t hesitate to get in touch.
Would I stay here again YES we have booked to go back in May,can`t wait.

Room Tip: All rooms get the sun,as you stand in reception and look to the pool,the rooms on the right get the...
5  Thank Andy N
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have just returned after a 2 week stay at this hotel. Everything has pretty well been covered by previous reviews,so I can only give my own brief perspective.
The mini apartments are extremely well appointed with everything you don't normally expect to find,like an electric kettle,toaster and coffee maker. The room was clean and tidy,but I did notice a bit of crumbling around the edges ! The door seemed to be made of compressed paper and was starting to separate at the bottom as was the plasti-coated fibre board facing panels outside. A case of cheap materials I'm afraid. The bed was very comfy and it was pretty quiet, so sleep quality was good. A large TV was in the room so I plugged my media player in for entertainment some evenings and for the 4 days of torrential rain we experienced. I noticed that some balconies were bigger than others but except for 1 on the middle floor corner, all got the sun either morning or evening.
I had paid half board and whilst breakfast was OK, the evening meal,for me,was pretty dire. There seemed to be a severe portion control in place so you can't have a bit more of what you like to make up for what you don't. So I suggest you go B&B or self catering, one of the staff told me the latter is what they wanted everyone to do!
I also fell for the shuttle purchase but should have done better research first.
So to sum up, hotel good,food bad.

Room Tip: I always go for the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank tunejim
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I am spending my last night at the Vista de Rey lovely clean spacious apartment large balcony and comfy bed.I am travelling alone and found having the train station near enough outside the hotel so convenient used it a lot especially to get to and from airport very cheap as well.As has been said it is steep down hill to go into village and obviously very steep coming back up and there is a beach within walking distance.If you like walking, as I do, you can walk all along coastline, as I did, into Benelmedena and Torremolinos which is 9km but I enjoyed it got the train back though.Weather was good couple of cloudy days but still very warm.It is very cheap to eat out I paid 5.75 euro and 9.50 euro for 3 course set meals in fish alley I believe they call it in Fuengirolla glass of wine up to 2 euro.There is an english supermarket in the village pretty reasonable.I tended to eat in apartment for breakfast so cant comment on food in hotel.I would come back here without a doubt felt safe ,as a women travelling alone, staff were nice and unlike other reviews i read I did not wait long to be served with a drink in bar. I would reccomend this hotel to people who want to relax,dont mind travelling on the clean regular train service,and if you like walking it's great.

Room Tip: I am in room 317 which got the sun all afternoon ground floor rooms open onto pool area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank chabja1510
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just arrived back from Vista de Rey, a lovely place to relax and chill out, would probably be to quiet for young people though. The apartment was clean and modern with plenty of space, the large balcony had pool view and sea view, most of them did. There were always enough sunbeds round the pool and although it was only a small pool it was nice to cool off in. There are only 2 restaurant/bars within a 5 min walk from the hotel which has mostly spanish people in, but you can jump the train which is just outside the hotel, this takes u to all the larger destinations eg: Torremilinos, Benalmadena, Fingerola. If you are wanting a trip to Marbella the train takes you to Fingerola and the bus stop is next door, bus 220 takes around 1 hour. All is very cheap much better than taxi's. At the end of the day people are correct in saying that the beds are very comfortable and you get a peacefull nights sleep. If wanting to go back to Benalmadena would deffinately use this hotel again. A useful tip is don't book a transfer as the train station is at the airport, the fare is 2 euro each, the Torremuelle stop is the next stop after Benalmadena, and the hotel is yds away, you can't miss it.

3  Thank joysmith5253
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is excellent for a relaxing holiday but it is not in Benalmadena - it it quite a way out out of Benalmadena in Touremuelle. It is no good at all for people with mobility problems as it is up a very steep hill from the bus stop. If you get the train outside the hotel to Benalmadena it is also a very long walk to the sea front once you get there. Bus is 1.45 euro and train is 1.65 - both very reasonable.
We had one week here from 13th September on a B & B basis and really enjoyed it. If you find your way under the main road bridge there are two local bars which both sell excellent food which is not too expensive. My husband and I had a mixed grill for two which was £24 and we were really full up afterwards. The hotel breakfast would not be to everyones liking as it was not a typical 'Full English' exactly the opposite in fact with several different hams, and cheese. there was sliced bread and a toaster and bread rolls with butter, marmalade and jam. Lovely fresh buns and biscuits, fruit juice and coffee. We enjoyed it every morning. The staff just leave you alone to help yourself, I cannot comment on the evening meals as we always ate out.
The reception staff are excellent and their English is very good, we never had to ask for anythng to be repeated.
We spent one day in Fuengirola and had a lovely time at a Spanish tapas bar down by the marina. It was so relaxing not to have load music blaring our at you. The tapas was authentic and not like some things that pass for tapas in Benalmadena. They aslo sold large beer in just 1 euro.
The rooms in the hotel were more like apartments with a seperate bathroom and kitchen, a large balcony, the beroom area, and a settee, coffee table, & TV - although this only had Spanish channels we managed to see some of the european football one evening !
Half of the balconies get the sun in the morning and the opposite side get it in the afternoon. The pool is quite small but there appears to be plenty of sun beds. There is a bar in the hotel but a small can of San Miguel was 2 euros and you can buy one for 60 cents in the english supermarket down the road. We have nothing else booked and it is back to work on Monday but, I would definately come back to this hotel again.I will be adding photo's when I get sorted out....

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have no balcony and the petio doors open directly onto the pool area so they...
2  Thank PamClark_9
Reviewed September 20, 2012

first of all in my opinion the hotel is really clean an tidy - the big thing is if you was to go here an get a train from malaga airport then you would have to get off the stop after benalmadena wich is torremuelle an hotel is right facing station cant miss it - approx 8-10 euros in taxi from benalmadena - plenty of sunbeds around the pool an i found all staff were helpful when needed - also its so easy to get train for days out around the costa del sol - too quiet if you are young id suggest going elsewhere- and the one big thing managment need to sort out is the awful nee disgusting food - i would probably consider going again but go self-catering definately - as food is either stale or tasteless for sure - one last thing is beds are comfy an after 9pm its very quiet but you get a good nights sleep !!!

Room Tip: get a ground room floor as the patio doors open right onto the pool area
2  Thank joepoe90