“My favourite cafe in Palau”
Review of Vecchia Gallura - CLOSED

Vecchia Gallura
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite cafe in Palau”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice outdoor seating, friendly atmosphere, very lovely staff and great food!! Every time I visit Palau (i've been a number of times) this is my favourite spot. The owners are super friendly as well & make you feel very welcome.

Perfect for breakfast, lunch, coffee or an evening glass of bubbly. Saturday is also buffet night too!

Definitely would recommend!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank lp18

Horgen, Switzerland
“Perfect hospitality”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

With 19.50 € in my pocket and the Credit cards left at home, I stepped on the terrace of Vecchia Gallura today at about 2pm. I was received warmly and seated at a nicely laid table by Giuseppe, the very polite and attentive waiter. I told him about my financial situation and about my hunger. A minute later, the proprietor? was at my table and offered a plate of homemade spaghetti with fresh cherry-tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, fresh basilicum, parmigiano, a nice glass of white wine (vermentino, cala reale) and a bottle of mineral water for the money I had.
I gladly accepted, and let me tell you, the wine was the best I had in Sardegna, and the spaghetti were among the best I had in my life.
Tomorrow is our last day in Sardegna. We and our friends decided to celebrate with a dinner at vecchia gallura, I booked the table and I am looking forward to all the delights. Will keep you posted.

• Visited August 2013
Zurich
“Excellent service and very good food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had dinner there in july 2013 and it was an excellent experience. The waiter did an awesome job and was very friendly. We ordered a Zuppa Pescatore as starter which was fabulous and then some very good pasta. Together with a 37.5cl of wine and coffees for total 55Euro. The restaurant is a bit outside of Palau with a beautiful garden and as well a very nice restaurant inside. We highly recommend this place.
We have also been to the sister restaurant "Pasta & Vino" in the center of Palau which was also very good!! Just a different type of location.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Swissaroundtheworld
Prague, Czech Republic
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife had a lunch in Vecchia Gallura in June 2013.
This restaurant was indicated to us by a local driver.
The main highlight of Vecchia Gallura is the food. We enjoyed a memorable fish meal composed by six entrees and a main dish. The appetisers were seafood combined in different manners and all tasting great. The main dish was the sea bream al cartoccio , wrapped in aluminium foil with mussels and shells and baked in the owen. Everything was fresh and top notch.
The service was attentive precise and very kind.
We paid 105 eur for two including a good bottle of white wine Vermentino. Definitely worth the money.
Highly recommended.