“The best hotel in Ilmenau - a real gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel zum Lowen
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ilmenau
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best hotel in Ilmenau - a real gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Lindenhof in Ilmenau, in the German state of Thuringia in November 2010, I was there for two nights, and stayed in bed and breakfast accommodation. I was working in Ilmenau, and my host paid for my accommodation, so I do not know how much a room would typically cost. The hotel was regarded by the people from Ilmenau who I met as being the town’s best hotel, and I have no reason to doubt that, as it really is a lovely place.

The hotel is centrally located and it is easy to walk the whole of Ilmenau from there. A taxi from the railway station to the hotel costs 4.50 Euros. Make sure that you stay on the train until it comes to the end of its journey, as there is another Ilmenau station.

The hotel décor is traditional, yet stylish and elegant. It is very cosy. The reception is large and bright, the lady on reception was incredibly helpful and made me feel very welcome, she also spoke excellent English. There is also a lift to all floors, and wi-fi is available, but you need to buy vouchers (5 Euros for 3 hours connection time I believe).

My bedroom (206) was FABULOUS, it had a mini-bar, king sized bed, two chairs, a desk, huge mirror, and flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom, was HUGE, it needs to be seen to be believed! It had a toilet, shower, sink etc and was very modern. The entire room was just luxurious and I really felt that I was staying somewhere special.

Breakfast was very good, with continental as well as bacon, scrambled eggs and sausages all on a buffet. The quality of the food is excellent, and the waitresses were lovely.

There is a beautifully decorated bar / bistro with a lovely airy conservatory, and the food there is SUPERB. Try some of the Thuringian dishes, there are menus available in English.

Overall on the strength of my experience of staying at the Hotel Lindenhof, I would DEFINITELY recommend it, it really is a great little hotel.

I have made a video review of the hotel, it is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusLmWSGbgg

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank stumoss

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilmenau
Hotel Tanne
Chalet Sonnenhang Oberhof
Aparthotel Oberhof
Aparthotel Oberhof
#8 of 13 in Oberhof

Been to Hotel zum Lowen? Share your experiences!