“Smells like the Fair” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mesquite, Texas
“Smells like the Fair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

For those in the DFW area remember the smells around the midway with tall the food? We had dinner here tonight and this is what it reminded me of. We have eaten here for years and have never had a bad meal. Tonight's menu was a Texas Burger w/cheese and onion rings, and a Chicken Strip basket with fries. And before anything is said about me being a big my wife and I split the meal. So I had half of what is probably one of my favorite burgers. To quote one of my favorite shows, 'The burger has the perfect bun to cheese to condiments to meat ratio." In other words it is really good. The onion rings are the best around and the fries are good. Oh yea we added fried pickles as well. So so summarize I am full and happy. As noted in other reviews this is an old drive-in that still has carhops, and the staff is wonderful. If you find yourself around Lake June and Peachtree it is well worth the time to stop and eat.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank RWLloyd56

Dallas, Texas
“Not as good as it use to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not as good as they use to be but if you want a good old fashion burger then bells is the place to go . You have to have a stomach to Handel the chili but it works lol

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“BuRgErS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Love the food here! We have been eating here for years. Never disappointed with them. I remember going when I was a kid and I love taking my kids by when we are in town. Just a nice little drive in for the whole family to enjoy... but nothing fancy!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank 1234travel1234
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Over Rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Based on the reviews from TripAdvisor, I decided to try their burgers. It really is an older drive-in with a carhop. I found the reviews very confusing. The onion rings were served cold with no taste at all. The Big Tex Burger was better than McDonalds but way below Whataburger. Tasted like a DQ burger. Very average. Don't seek them out. Not that special!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jim D
Dallas, Texas
“Impressive Burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but the burgers are fantastic. I am a big 5 Guys fan and this may be a tie, if not better in my opinion. If you are in the area do yourself a favor and stop by and get one of the "Texan" burgers with cheese. This is a must do!

• Visited December 2012