“rat toe's nothing more needs said!!!!!!”

Razzoo's Cajun Cafe
Ranked #7 of 245 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One recent online reviewer of this location said “The Fried Green Beans make me dance.” We assume that’s a good thing (but, to tell the truth, we’ve never seen her dance).
Elkins, West Virginia
“rat toe's nothing more needs said!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

cat fish and service was great but I was there for one thing and one thing only. rat toe's!!!!! I would marry someone for the recipe . love them!!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank douglas t

Mesquite, Texas
“Great food, decent service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! I have been coming here for years to this location with family and friends. My favorite item would have to be the rat toes (stuffed jalapeños) and of course the gator meat! Sometimes if you ask they can still make some of the things that are not on the menu anymore. It just depends on who is server and management. I personally like the prices because you get your monies worth. The taste of the food is authentic and for spicy people they have all kinds of sauces. The atmosphere to me is like a gathering of family for a true crawfish boil. Lots of loud laughter one or two drinkers who think they can dance lol. And those who just sit and take it all in. :) will continue to come back for years to come.

1 Thank Sregit02
Texas
“Best Resturant”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a wonderful time dining in. Waitresses and the food was excellent. I do advice visitors to try, some of their dishes.

• Visited August 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
“Ca c'est bon in Texas”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants when traveling in Texas is Razzoo’s Cajun Cafe. This week in Mesquite Texas we visited the location closest to the Mesquite Fairfield Marriott. If you have never been to a Razzoo’s then you are missing out on a little bit of New Orleans in a fun (and sometimes noisy) restaurant. We were greeted at the door by their manager and he quickly led us to out tables. Everywhere you look is colored lights, an eclectic collection of “stuff” and relics from what many would imagine a Louisiana Bait/Tackle/Restaurant would look like on the Bayou. This is a fun place to eat, party, or just look around.

As you enter the café you first notice a trashcan punch being offered on the chalkboard behind the greeter. It is not that it is served in a trashcan but I believe that that is where you would find yourself when you wake up from drinking that much liquor! There must be a reason why there is a requirement for two people to order it. Anyway, we were there for happy hour and decided to order the half price appetizers and crawdad special.

I normally do not eat fried food but at Razzoo’s it is hard to get away from it. The fried pickles arrived with a ranch sauce and we dug right into them. If you have never had a fried pickle then this is one that you will want to try. While I have fried bread and butter pickles (my favorite), these rated a solid 8 out of 10 for taste and crispness. Alongside of the pickles came the fried rat toes (a stuffed jalapeno that is breaded and fried). While tasty, it was not the best I have tried (even here). The pepper was a bit overripe and the breading (that goes on everything) really did not match the stuffing/pepper combination. Rating this dish would be a 5 out of 10. My wife ordered the oysters (which is always good) and a Cajun Fondue that was very tasty (8 out of 10). The low point of the meal was the “fire breath” crawdads. While flavorful, they were small and overcooked to the point that they did not want to release their shells. This led to a lot of digging for meat to get little or none. Rating this dish would have to be a 3; not for the flavor, but due to the quality of the overall dish.

If you are in town and want to visit a fun place then give Razzoos’s a look. Don’t expect authentic Bayou cuisine, but for a chain Cajun restaurant, it is pretty good.

• Visited June 2014
Canyon, Texas
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The food selection was good as well as the service. We ate there twice the first time there were just 4 of us and the second time there were 17, the service was the same both times. We got our meals quickly both times. Would go back.

Visited June 2014