“Peaceful and Healthy”

Atheneos Greek Village Cafe
Ranked #3 of 249 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Authentic Greek Cuisine, Dine in or Pick up & We Deliver With Uber EATS.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Atheneos is in a strip mall across the street from Town East Mall. This was a pleasant surprise. It is a small place, but the atmosphere was unsurpassed! The food was very inexpensive (we went for a weekday lunch). The staff was super attentive. The food was superb! I will return again and again.

3  Thank Karen B
Atheneos, Owner at Atheneos Greek Village Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2015

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

There is not much Greek food in this area. When they opened we were eager to try it out and we were not disappointed. The lamb is superb, and I don't care for lamb. The portions are good sized and the prices are right in line. The saganaki appetizer is delicious and served with wonderful flair. The gyros meat is cooked crisp and tasty. If you have room, the bakalava is so good, with honey and cinnamon on top. The mousaka is big enough for two people to share. I have gotten take out also and everything is wrapped up so that nothing gets soggy, etc. They even take my special requests.

Thank you for your positive comments. Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

It's a very small restaurant, but the food is delicious!

I appreciate your positive feedback about our Cafe. Thank you!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I placed an order to go, chicken skewers, salad and baklava, with extra tzazzeki sauce on the side. When I returned for my order, I was told it didn't exisit. Ater much confusion, and a longer wait than the 7 mintues promised (more like 30), the disappoint started. I looked into the bag before leaving the place and was glad I did. No sauce, no baklava, no silverware,etc. The salad had one token olice on a bed of iceberg, the baklava added as second thought was tough and chewy, no visible phyllo dough for flake, dry, stale. The meal was served with greek potaoes (additional 1.99) but worth every bite. Tangy with lemon, crispy and brown on the outside, creamy and tender on the inside. They were some of the best potatoes I have tried. This was the high point. Upon returning to hotel and getting ready to eat, a very disturbing sight await me, chicken skewers brown on the outside with a quick sear, very pink in the middle, raw would be more correct. Tis left the rest of the meal un-edible, as the chicken was touching everything in the container. The people that were dining in had huge portions of beautiful food, well presented, appetizing! Not take out. Other reviewers have ravedon this place, but they were dine in. If you go, eat in the small but well appointed dining room. The server was very pleasant and apologetic, and stated they had goten very busy and this was the reason for delay. It really doesn't matter what excuse was given, raw poultry should never be one of them.

2  Thank franklinmilford

Thjank you!!Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you better!