“Good choice”

Comfort Suites Mesquite
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We five were attending a Christmas concert in Dallas and needed two rooms. We were pleased with the desk's attitude as well as the breakfast. There were a couple of maintenance problems(phones between rooms and short time of disabled elevator), but on the whole we were quite satisfied.
Be sure before you sign on the dotted line that you ask if there is a manager's discount or any other savings available. We were able to have some taken off our senior rate at this seasonal visit. The location is convenient.
We ate at Steak Angus about a mile south on Beltline. Food was great with lots of choices, but don't expect it to be a "city" restaurant.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cultureseek

Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed here on my way to a class. The hotel was great. The room was clean and modern. The breakfast was good and the staff was polite and helpful. The only problem I could find was parking, Parking for the hotel was on the side of the hotel and in the back only. I was concerned my car would be tampered with. Never happened but I was concerned. The check in circle or half circle was jammed with patrons and I was blocked in when I came out to move my car.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank vkosobucki
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I had business in Mesquite Oct. 10, so chose this location for one night, Oct. 9. 2008.

Was very nice, clean, great breakfast. Found several places to eat within walking distance. Desk personnel very helpful. Will stay there again.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank TexasJean70
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I was across the street at La Quinta to get a room for the day and night, and the nice guy behind the counter told me to get this Hotel and was told it was "basically the same, but cheaper"

Boy, I have a lot of thanking to do. Basically I saved $40 by switching right across the street. You'd think maybe it must not have that great of a service or cleanness going on at Comfort Suite. I wish it was like this every time I stay here. Maybe time will tell, but for my first stay, it was great. Checked into the room with 2 beds, it was well cleaned, bathroom was cleaned, bed was clean with cleaned pillows, blankets and covers. TV had selected cable and the quality wasn't the best, but I wasn't picky, so I can't complain. They had internet, but I didn't use it. Breakfast was served, and I heard people say it was pretty good. You can hear people outside if they talk loud enough, but I didn't hear anyone next door to me, and yes, there were people there present. You had a heater and air conditioner right near the window. It was quiet to me, but may be a bit loud to some people. Let's just say, it's no louder than your average floor fans out in the market, that's for sure. Coffee and tea was present, and the coffee maker was clean. Pretty much everything was prepared for the next person to stay, with prepared shampoo & conditioner for showering or baths, body lotion, even a head cap for your showers. Stacks of towels were clean and present in the bathroom and out.

There was a sofa, tea table, and plenty of lamps in all directions. Room could be well litted if you wanted it to. Luckily, my room was 220, which is upstairs, and just right across from my room (which is a nice 5 steps away) were the elevators and vending machines of instant noodles, snacks, drinks, and ice. You'd think it'll be noisy when it's right next to the elevator, but it was pretty much quiet. Sure you can hear when someone is exiting or entering the hall, but unless you are just too sensitive, you wouldn't be bothered.

Overall, I was very impressed with my stay. Everyone there in the lobby at breakfast hour (which was when I first checked in) seemed to have a good time, ranging from kids to adults and seniors. I would definitely stay here again. I wish I get the same quality room. If I do, then I'd be very happy. With a price of $85 plus tax, it was a good deal. I asked for a single bed, which was cheaper, but they were sold out. So if you are indeed looking for a single bed, you are looking at under $80 a night. The difference between this hotel and the one across the street La Quinta can be seen when you walk in, and that is, if you are a smoker and/or a pet lover with your pets coming along, sorry, they are not welcomed. They don't allow smoking and pets. It didn't bothered me because I didn't have both, but just a heads up.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MrKevioni
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We had planned to stay two nights in our king room ($59.95) but only ended up staying one after we encountered a number of problems.

Upon check-in we requested a quiet room and the desk clerk tried to put us in a room that opened into the lobby, right across from the breakfast area with its attendant noise and TV. We asked for another room and were given one upstairs.

On the plus side, the room was spacious, included a sofa and coffee table, and the high-speed internet worked fine. The TV featured a limited selection of cable channels but did have four HBIOs,

There were, however, significant problems with cleanliness and maintenance.

Motels need to learn that using obnoxious, overbearing air freshener does not equate with cleanliness. Fortunately the window opened to allow fresh air in, but the scent was still so bad that it had infested the pillows, which we had to exchange in order to sleep without getting headaches.

The bathroom was not clean. There were pubic hairs and dried urine on the toilet seat and there was obviously an area above the water line inside the toilet where cleaning was desperately needed. There was a dark "smudge" inside the lid of the toilet seat.

The entry light in the room was not working, one of the bulbs over the vanity was burned out, and two of the bulbs over the tub/toilet area were burned out. This led us to theorize that perhaps the maid couldn't see the toilet clearly in the dim light. The desk clerk promised someone would come up and fix these things but this never happened.

Breakfast was pretty good and included scrambled eggs and sausage, which we had to wait 20 minutes for while a new batch was prepared.

Ultimately, this place isn't worth the price. The rooms are not adequately cleaned or maintained, the air freshener is about as obnoxious as they come, and the desk staff is big on promises and short on results.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank The-Motel-Mavens
Reviewed July 25, 2007

This hotel seemed brand new. Very nice rooms, very comfortable beds and with fridges and microwaves. Showers were very good. The staff recommended a nice Texas Steakhouse and it was awesome. Planning a trip to this place again. Price was affordable and the breakfast was above average. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank williamkopti
Reviewed October 26, 2005

The hallway was full of smoke on our non-smoking floor. Immediately we complained about the poor picture on TV. The man at the desk looked at it and said that was the best picture he could get with the local stations on antennae!! What no cable?? We are Nascar fans and could not enjoy the race on NBC. You couldn't read the score of the NotreDame/USC game in the corner of the screen nor read the ticker line at the bottom of the screen.

The coffee pot in the room had to have the switch held on to get it to work. The food for breakfast was very nice with meat and TX shaped waffles you make yourself. However, I feel like hurricane refugees were living there. There were children watching TV in the eating area and the tables were strewn with dirty dishes, leftover breakfast, in general a mess.

There is a wonderful Mexican restaurant nearby, Posadoes, sopapillas and the ice cream machine are included with the meals. We cancelled our reservation for the return trip. My advice, "GO ON BY" this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: October 2005