“Go On By”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Shell Knob, MO
“Go On By”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2005

The hallway was full of smoke on our non-smoking floor. Immediately we complained about the poor picture on TV. The man at the desk looked at it and said that was the best picture he could get with the local stations on antennae!! What no cable?? We are Nascar fans and could not enjoy the race on NBC. You couldn't read the score of the NotreDame/USC game in the corner of the screen nor read the ticker line at the bottom of the screen.

The coffee pot in the room had to have the switch held on to get it to work. The food for breakfast was very nice with meat and TX shaped waffles you make yourself. However, I feel like hurricane refugees were living there. There were children watching TV in the eating area and the tables were strewn with dirty dishes, leftover breakfast, in general a mess.

There is a wonderful Mexican restaurant nearby, Posadoes, sopapillas and the ice cream machine are included with the meals. We cancelled our reservation for the return trip. My advice, "GO ON BY" this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed October 2005
19 Thank Anchor97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2004

I booked a one night stay (March 20-2004) in a jacuzzi room for my daughter and her husband as a surprise on their first wedding anniversary and they were totally thrilled with the room. This hotel is just a few months old so everything still looks BRAND NEW. I only live about 7 miles from this hotel so when they checked in they called me and invited me to stop by and see the room that I had booked for them and I was also very impressed. I don't know if all the rooms are as big as the jacuzzi rooms but this room was quite large with a beautiful king-size 4 poster bed and very sophisticated furnishings (bedspread didn't look cheap and neither did curtains or pictures on wall). It had what I would call a small bar area in it as well as a very nice bathroom with a marble tiled wall in the tub/shower. It also had a desk and chair, cherrywood armoire with TV, and very nice sized jacuzzi in the corner of the bedroom. I went through orbitz.com and got an incredible deal on this room. They also offer a continental breakfast that comes with the price of the room. I also was very impressed with the staff there. I spoke with Tina and she was extremely friendly and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know that needs a place to stay in the Mesquite,TX area.

31 Thank Huzmuffin