Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mesquite/Dallas At I-30
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mesquite/Dallas At I-30
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was in town for a concert, so I didn't need a fancy hotel. I used Microtel because it was cheap but figured it would still be decent.
There was no clock in the room anywhere.
The chair had several stains.
The bathroom was dirty and had cracks everywhere.
It was the only hotel I've ever stayed at where shampoo didn't automatically come with the room. I had to ask for some at the front desk and they acted like this was completely normal.
Nearly every sheet and towel had a long, black hair wrapped up in it. Seeing as how I have short brown hair, they clearly weren't mine.
The breakfast the next morning was ok, if you don't mind bare minimal selection.
I understand that you get what you pay for, and I didn't pay much. But it still feels like I over paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Me and my stayed in one of the juizzi suits and it was great. The staff was very freindly. Not to hard of a place to find and a very good location. When I go back there I will try my hardest to stay there again. Didn't get to eat the breakfest we over sleeped lol. The bed was very comfy and the A/C blew like champ nice and cold :)

• Stayed June 2012
P.A
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Rooms were small, bedding was good, bathroom had a stale or moldy smell, I thing it was from shower curtain which did seem cleaned for a while as their was dirty spots on it. Bathroom corner had some dirt. Overall not bad and not great either. Friendliness of staff is OK.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DEARAMISH

Travelers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I had been using this Microtel for a couple years now when I am in Dallas dealing with property issues. The hotel had been fine until this last time I stayed in Nov-Dec 2011. They cram all the single bed rooms in one end of the building and are not spread out. The problem with this is there are a lot of out of town workers that stay there and make noise until 3-4am most days as well as leave their TVs on loud all night. You cannot get any sleep there.
I complained to both the night manager and the morning manager about the noise issues and the morning manager (fat guy) said I do not have to stay there and I can go somewhere else. This is the first time they where rude to me and not the last. I was scheduled to leave on the Fri however my work kept me another couple days and I went on Priceline to add a couple more days. I did not get back to the hotel until about 11pm that night and the fat guy started arguing with me that I did not notify them I was staying that I did not pay for the room. I told him I had made an earlier reservation that day and asked what the issue was. He said I was trying to skip out on paying and I had to pay. I have never had problems with hotels worrying about me skipping out on paying when using Priceline so I payed and stayed another two days. The second day I had to change my schedule again and stay a couple more days and tried to prepay a couple more days and they would not accept it and told me to leave. They said they can refuse service to anybody and called the police. This hotel has lost my business and I will let everybody know that there are better places in the area like the Crossland Extended Stay Hotel up the street. They have small kitchenettes and pretty comfortable for the price. I recommend nobody stay at the Microtel in Mesquite on Sorrento Dr.

Room Tip: Stay at the Crossland Extended Stay at 2544 US Hwy 67, Mesquite if your in town for work business or...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank GreenTechInvestments
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was a little skeptical, getting such a great deal on a hotel. But, all of my expectations were exceeded at this Microtel. The employees at the front counter were very friendly and helpful. The vending machines worked, the breakfast was stocked nicely (just your usual waffles, muffins, bagels, juice), the rooms were clean (small, but very clean), working tv with tons of channels, cold air conditioning, comfortable bed and spotless bathroom. The neighborhood seemed to be fine, it was close to I-30, but without the noise, and just around the corner from Town East Mall, restaurants, etc. I would stay here again in a minute. Highly recommended for couples or small families who are traveling on a budget, but still care about cleanliness and quality of stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple