“Banquet Room”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Mesquite, Texas
“Banquet Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We rented the banquet room for a party. It was a cute room. I loved the paint, curtains, and architectural details. It definitely wasn't just 4 white walls.

Room Tip: The large family suite was spacious with nice amenities
2 Thank MICHELLE R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We travelled to Mesquite for my niece's raduation and stayed here because she was going to have her graduation party.

I'll be honest: I was originally going to rate this hotel low because the pool area was filthy and there were of maintenance issues. But after the OUTSTANDING customer service I received, I changed my mind because service is what matters.

First, the hotel misplaced our reservation information. The clerk worked quickly to remedy the situation. They actually offered me a room upgrsde for the cheaper room rate.

Later that night I went to the desk to see if I could get a blanket for the fold out couch. A tour bus had just arrived and I stood back and watched the clerk give every one of those folks exceptional service with a smile. Even after she took several calls from guests complaining about the rooms they had been given, she never lost her cool. She tried to meet every request to the best of her ability. And she never lost her smile.

She was still on duty when I checked out the next morning.

The room I got was clean and comfortable. We got a great night's sleep. The breakfast was very good. There was a nice selection of hot items in addition to muffins and juice. The location was great relative to my needs and I got a superb value for my money. And they cleaned the pool the next morning.

But the thing that will get me back to this hotel was the service. It was first-rate and I won't soon forget it. If you are coming to the East Dallas are for business or pleasure, give the La Quinta in Mesquite your business.

2 Thank derek1836
Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Better than some of the laquintas I have stayed at. The rooms were clean and the staff at the desk were friendly and helpful. My main concern was riffraffs hanging out in the parking lot or the lobby trying to peddle something as I was with my kids. None of that during my stay. So, I felt safe, had a sound sleep, loaded up on their hot breakfast and was on my way with family in tow. Great value when you have kids travelling with you. Breakfast more than makes up for the cost of the room.

1 Thank passive_aggressive
Northern CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I gave this hotel a very good because there are a lot of ammenities, in room & hotel wide. Breakfast was good...room is quiet. Now the bad news... If you have specific needs, don't expect them to be met. Thought they are friendly, & tried to make it up to me, they fell on their face on the REQUIRED ajoining rooms I needed! Otherwise an ok place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Momospond
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in room 111. BED BUGS! We did not realize it until we got home and we had bites everywhere. Don't stay at this hotel! Hotel is worn down. I asked the General Manager when they were going to put in Flat Screen Televisions and he told me in a couple of months. I think that was just a line. With that said, we won't be back because of the BED BUGS!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Shawnee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had live roaches crawl on us in the middle of the night! ACK! The next morning when we complained we were told they were without a manager right now. They refunded us only HALF the room cost and we left. We realized after leaving that we had bed bug bites all over our legs. This hotel was NOT clean and I would NEVER stay there again. So much for 100% satisfaction guaranteed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family