“Great staff & place to say”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I live in the area but needed a 'get away' for the holiday weekend Plus I wanted to use their high speed wireless internet access. The wonderful staff tried to get me connected online after getting me connected to their wireless router. NOTHING worked. I then called the manufacturer of my laptop and they couldn't solve the issue. Finally Saturday morning I walked my laptop up to the front desk and as luck would have it their tech guy was there. He had me up & running in less than 45 seconds. First time I've ever use a laptop, this was a birthday gift from me to me, so I needed help. Found out that my new laptop's security setting was set to high for wireless public access. Once he lowered my security setting I was up and running. Good thing I planned on staying the whole weekend because it took that whole time to restore everything and back everything up on the laptop.
Wonderful breakfasts and M-F they have FREE beer, sodas and wine. At the end of Friday I was ready for a nice cold one but didn't. I did snag a couple of soda's though.
Everyone at the front desk went over & beyond their duties to help me and not sure some other place would do that.
I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express's for a number of years and have always had a good experience with them. Some have more amenities than others & this one had swimming pool w/spa plus laundromat. A bunch of young kids were in the pool running around unsupervised but since I wasn't going to go in swimming I didn't care. The laundry room's equipment had signs on them that they were out of order & a pile of damp towels were left there. Not sure if the hotel staff was even aware of that mess.
I would stay there again if I needed to stay in a local motel.
Only thing about the bed was that it was a 'standard' king size bed and not a pillow top like most HIExpress has.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 22, 2009

My family and I recently stated at this Hotel for 2 weeks. We live in Dallas. Our A/C unit was hit by lightening and we had to leave our home, due to the hot Temperatures in June/July. We were in need to find something quick and still close by the house. We checked in and completely enjoyed our 2 week stay. They have an indoor pool/jacuzzi that my daughter just love... We miss brfst as we had to go to work before bkfst was served. We did enjoy the MANAGER RECEPITON. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.... We didn't have not 1 problem... The staff was EXCELLENT!!! I was not expecting this from "Holiday Inn".

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pswinde
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My family wanted to visit the Texas State Fair in nearby Dallas so we booked what we thought (and were led to believe on the telephone) was a two bedroom suite. Online it showed a good rate, something that wasn't too expensive but seemed pricey enough that the suite would be nice. When we arrived and got up to our suite it was a standard room with two double beds. I called down to the front desk only to be told it was a suite and to look for a door on my left, there was a door but it seemed like one of those doors that connects rooms when you request that. When I opened it I found a tiny (and I mean tiny) cramped room that couldn't even fit the loveseat, chair, coffee table and side table stuffed in it comfortably. It was so awkward we had to take the coffee table out of the room completely! It wasn't a two bedroom suite, it was a two ROOM suite. Totally not worth what I paid. The bedroom itself was average but do not be fooled into booking a suite. The breakfast was a little sad too. As far as an average hotel goes this one is fine, but don't expect anything over average.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Stayed here with my kids for a softball tournament. They had a great time. With a pool and a hot tub inside and out, they could swim anytime, they even had a little putt putt game inside and plenty of room for the parents to sit around and visit. Breakfast was a big plus too, better than the standard "continental" ones you get at most places. Nice to get some hot food before rushing out to games.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ccdiamondqueen
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2003

The worst experience at an Express Hotel. Pool area was filthy with scum around both spa and pool. We took photos. Too much clorine in spa ruined swimsuit! We were unable to enjoy the heated pool due to 10 children under the age of 10 using the hotel for a slumber party. We spoke to one parent watching children and management on duty.
Management did nothing to help. Was awakened at 1:30 in the morning by individual going from door to door knocking on doors. Called desk as we were scared to go to door. I was refunded the room costs, but had to contact the Holiday Inn main phone, hotel did nothing without push from corporate. Will not ever use them again.

22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 16, 2003

The hotel is very nice, clean, and has indoor pool/spa open 24 hrs.
That was great. Free breakfast and cookies in the evening made my day.
I come to visit Dallas but will stay here in Mesquite, it's only 10 minutes away.

20  Thank KIRAN J
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2003

Clean, neat, good continental breakfast. Staff a bit too talkative in the morning for me, but otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2003