“Very Good BBQ!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: MESQUITE : 972-289-2300
Description: MESQUITE : 972-289-2300
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stopped by here fairly late in the evening and the BBQ was still nice and warm and fresh. The staff were courteous. I had pork and sausage. I'm picky about sausage (I don't like dry sausage) and it was pretty good!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Soulman's in Mesquite is one of my favorite take-out establishments. I ordered two loaded Double-Barrel potatoes with chopped brisket and an additional pound of sausage. The portions are generous, comparable pricing, and great tasting. As if the toppings weren't enough...I request a cup of BBQ sauce on the side. I normally am not a big fan of the house sauces so that is saying something about the blending of spices and its flavor.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to the Terrell and Mesquite, Texas locations and both are excellent. The beef, ham, chicken, ribs, etc. are all the best BBQ I've ever eaten. I've eaten at several "famous" BBQ restaurants in the South, but none can compare. Try it - you'll love it!

1  Thank HelloDolphin
Reviewed December 29, 2012

BBQ average price, good BBQ better than most, and they have both spicy and mild sauce for BBQ. side dishes are standared with other BBQ but, the smoked brisket and sausage have much better tast than other BBQ. Will not be disapointed with the BBQ at Soulman.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We eat at Soulman's fairly often & haven't had a complaint. I usually get the Double Barrel baked potato that is loaded with chopped brisket. It is a meal in itself & the brisket is always tasty. My only complaint is that the sliced brisket is sometimes kinda dry, I guess from being out on the block for a while. They do have plenty of good sauce & sides. I will keep going back.

1  Thank electraglideteacher