“Can I give it a zero?”

Days Inn Mesquite Rodeo TX
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My buddy made a reservation at hotel.com for us at this motel when we found ourselves too tired to make it back to Austin. I noticed the LONG disclaimer at the check-in desk which ended with 'no refund'. We asked for a no smoking room, which it might have been, but the hallway smelled of smoke. He told us that it was the last room available in the motel. The first problem was the phone with no dial tone. Then the TV remote wouldn't work. I went to the front desk and complained. The clerk gave me another one and told me that I should jiggle the telephone cables to see if there was a loose connection. I tried his suggestions with no change; the new remote also failed to change the one channel I was able to get on the television (something about naked survivalists in Alaska...maybe. I couldn't turn up the volume either.) I went back to the front desk where I believe the clerk took the remote from me, went to the back room with it, and brought it right back to me. After yet another trip to the front desk with the remote by my buddy and a request for a refund, we decided that it wasn't comfortable. He made a deal with hotel.com for the price of the room and we drove home.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Search M

Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Dina G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

great location. overall is was great. nothing to complain about. rooms are very clean. hotel was very busy that day but very quite. great newly remodeled hotel here are their new rooms picture. i enjoy my stay and will be there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is located near to many restaurants and shopping. The staff is polite and helpful. The rooms are clean and decorated well. The price is definitely fair. I highly recommend this one to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trent S
Reviewed May 13, 2013

To start off the front desk person was very rude during check-in. Walking to the room I noticed the halls reeked of cigarette smoke. Entered the room, it was burning up, turned on the AC and a musty/funky smell came out of the AC. I was just going to deal with it since I just needed some sleep. Got into bed and the covers were itchy. Still, I was going to deal with it. THEN! Out pops the largest beetle I have ever seen...IN THE BED! Caught the beetle for proof to show to the front desk person, they wanted to put me in another room, and I refused. The front desk was very irritated and NEVER OFFERED AN APOLOGY! I called the online booking site and they refunded my money and APOLOGIZED. Also the only vending machine and ice machine is on the first floor and there is no elevator. I wish there were a "0" rating because that would be more appropriate for this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lora R
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Staff was very nice. Hotel Is neat and clean very easy to find from freeway and we went to watch movie overall its graet place to be with ywe really enjoy the indoor pool and spa. We will return at this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If I decide to stay in another hotel then the Days Inn would be that place. This place is nice , neat and clean. The hotel staff was great , they are alway's there for anything that you may need for you room. There are good eating places near by, they are so close that you can walk to them . The shopping mall right off the highway 635N and there are other shopping areas that are close by ad well.

• Stayed: February 2013