“Hmmmm...best pizza in Mesquite....could be....”

Joe's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #28 of 262 Restaurants in Mesquite
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hey...another one of the places in Mesquite that I keep hearing friends talk about...and one of those places that I'm always forgetting about....last night, finally had some of their pizza. While it isn't as good as Chicago's Original was, it's still a fine pizza. Much better than 98% of the options here in Mesquite.

I don't usually care for a plain cheese pizza, but the one we had from Joe's was fantastic. Try it, you shouldn't be disappointed, unless you are one of those that think CiCi's is a fine pizza experience.

Oh, and if you are looking for the bathrooms, since it's in one of those really old Taco Bell's...they should be OUTSIDE around back....

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a family type Italian pizza-type restraunt that also serves decent Italian food. It's a good value, family owned and conveniently located. Reminds me of Lady and the Tramp with the spagetti and decor.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a little neighborhood Pizza and Pasta place in a building that has housed a Chinese restaurant and a deli previously. You can tell it started out as a Chinese restaurant first because that's what it was built for and the roofline looks like one of those old temples with the upturned corners. When Joe's moved in, we thought, well, this won't last either... Anyway we gave it a try and have been pleasantly surprised. We eat here every couple of weeks. We've become regular enough that we order things that aren't on the regular menu, for instance, the mushroom tortellini which is a sometimes special, is excellent and not on the regular menu and you can order it anytime. They have wonderful bread. The salad is extremely skimpy. They count the lettuce leaves and you will only get a half a thin tomato slice (I've watched them assemble the salad, so I'm not kidding here), but the salad dressings are very tasty. Everything is really, really reasonably priced. So, skimpy salad aside, we love this place! You'll eat for about $8.00 a person (or less) if you don't order an appetizer.

Reviewed January 10, 2010

Joes in Mesquite on Galloway has the best pizza in TX. I have had pie in NY and Joes comes real close to matching the taste. Joes is consistent in service,price and flavor. I can always count that my food (dine in or carryout) will be great! The staff has been the same for years and are alwayd ready to take care of you! **** four stars!!

Reviewed January 25, 2009

Joe's is my favorite Italian food restaurant. I prefer it over Spaghetti Warehouse! Their food is always fresh, hot, and brought to your table as it is prepared and as you are ready for it.

The pizza is hand tossed, and only the freshest ingredients are used. The large pizza is twice the size of any chain pizza restaurant's.

My favorite dish is the Eggplant Parmesan, which I get almost every time I visit.

I would recommend Joe's to anyone. Do not let the old Taco Bell building turn you off. It is a cozy little place that you will absolutely adore!

Been to Joe's Pizza and Pasta? Share your experiences!