“Restored My Faith in BBQ!!!!!!!!!!A MUST!!!!!!”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #17 of 264 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I arrived in town late, I was hungry and wanting BBQ, debating between Dickies and Spring Creek. I punched in the wrong address t GPS and arrived at this Spring Creek location. My experiences with this chain have been less than stellar, so I was rather disappointed in myself. The configuration is strange, and for ToGo orders you are sent to a seperate register that no one seems to uderstand. Confusion reigns when busy, and the very young staff uderstand their job title and that alone. If you are rolling silverware, no where does it say greet someone standng there in confusion. This just adds to the delay.This is the 4 star on service. Not that it was bad in the traditional sense, bad because management does not have that much to work with and they do the best they can (or are able to understand at 16). The review would have been 5 stars across, but I can not overlook this confusion. There is a girl at the cash register for people oming off the buffet line, she is within 3 feet of tToGo table, and would trun around, see people standing there, make no comment or try to find anyone, and go back to customers in line....infuriating! I placed my order of turkey, bbq beans and mac/cheese. After a 10 minute wait I was on my way, to find upon room arrival there was no bread, pickles or cutlery, somethings that are unlimited to those that eat in. The turkey was so good, I didn;t care, I was there the next night. This is when good things started to happen. A young gentleman by the name of Jerimiah(manager)just happened to take my order. I didnt check it because he made a point to go over every take out order with the customer before they left the building. My order was the same, but some footnotes. The turkey has a pink hue, from smoke not lack of temp. It is tender, fall apart, smokey, juicy goodness at its best.Several thick slices fill an order side of compartment try nicely, enough for a tryptophan high that put me to sleep! I would have no problem buying pounds of this and serving it at familiy dinners, and I might even say I made it if my smoker wasnt brand new!!The mac is standard, but I would add milk before nuking and it returned to original condition. The beans also do not warrant much ado, as they are beans, but with a tomatoey sweetness and a cumin undertone, not your traditional thick sauce.There is a baking area for the rolls and cobbler, also where the BlueBell ice cream is hand scooped. Little balls of dough are hand placed into proofing racks, and on to a giant oven where in a few minutes puffs of yeast and flour deliver some of the best rolls you have ever tasted. They even have a server who walks around with a basket of these puffs, doling them out to hungry diners, all you want! But her job says put out rolls, so she too will walk by customers standing around and ignore them.....job says give out rolls, that she does and nothing more. I tried several different desset,they say are maid in house and I believe. The award winning pecan pie is great, chock full of whole pecans that seems to have a crystalized sugar coating on each one. A thick Karo based filling holds the pecan layer to the flaky, not gooey crust. The choco;ate and coconut cream pies are the best! Thick (3"+) filling with a layer of hand whipped cream,ahhhh...heaven! These pies hold up in hotel fridge enough for breakfast the next day, if any is left! Since no one goes here for the pie (unfortunately) the turkey will get star billing.It was so good, I had turkey for my next 6 dinners in a row from Spring Creek! If my experience here had been with the young servers, I do not know if I would have returned. Jeremiah took control and showed why he is in charge. After first order he could recognize my voice, remembered my name and my order. Impressive! When you try this location, ask for him. Your experience will go from a 62 Falcon with flat tires to a 2014 CTS......smooth!!! Corporate needs to pay attention to this young man, because he understands that service is what is needed in the "service industry". Everyone has food, but can you make the experince so they want to return for yours? This place can. Or at least Jeremiah can! Out of the park for turkey......try it and you will be hooked too!!!!!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have eaten at several other Spring Creek locations and this one is very good. The ribs are our favorite and you get either 4,5 or 6 depending upon whom the rib cutter is and this is true even when there are two or three in the same party. I got five so I was happy. The cafeteria line is self serving meaning that you can get all you want of corn on the cob, potato salad, green beans, slaw, mac & cheese, and baked beans. there are also dill pickles onion, butter, etc. This restaurant is very clean and the service excellent. Just wait a minute and the red hot fresh rolls will be delivered to your table.The problem is eating too many and not finishing up your plate.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The wifey and I stopped in here for some BBQ. They did not disappoint us. We both got the two meat plates. We were able to go back for more vegetables - FREE! For me a benefit was being able to have a beer with my BBQ. The beer is always ice cold!!!!
We will be regular customers at this location!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We make a point of stopping for lunch at Spring Creek BBQ several times a year both after arrival at DFW and prior to our subsequent departure. We usually end up at the Irving location, but from time to time logistics put us in Mesquite. The two are (as expected) nearly identical, although the Mesquite location has a slightly more blue collar feel (as if a BBQ joint can have anything OTHER than a blue collar feel). Good brisket and sauce, excellent sides, exTREMEly friendly staff, more great hot white bread than you really should be having. Plenty of good food at a good price. Always a nice place to stop.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is by far my favorite barbeque place to eat at ...& there bread is so good, the food is delicious & the people who work there is friendly & the place is very clean!!!! 10 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!