“Pat's Opinion”

Courtyard Dallas Mesquite
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Adrian, the desk manager, was the absolute BEST! He was on duty at late afternoon check-in and was so helpful and so friendly. The only "blight" was the International Modeling Agency's "auditions" one afternoon and evening in the meeting room. There were so many non-paying guests in the parking lot and lobby area. They literally "trashed" the lobby, the breakfast area, and the bathrooms off the lobby. Their invasion of the market room required it to be shut down for the evening. To keep the integrity of the hotel and its attention to excellence for its guests, I would recommend being careful about temporary rental of the meeting rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatriciaMM1884HF

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The level of service I received was exceptional. When I arrived I was with a co-worker and we were setting up in the lobby to do some work and Adrian, one of the managers on duty, offered the unused meeting room and provided a power strip so we could use our computers. We needed a color copy of a presentation and a nice young lady helped us get it printed to take on our appointment. I interacted with the staff several more times and they were very helpful and friendly. The property is standard Courtyard that has a few miles on it but iis well kept and clean. The location is great, at the intersection of I-30 and I-635. Right next door is a Celebration Station plus many restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast IS NOT complimentary, plan on about $15. I recommend this hotel based on customer service and location.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived early and everything was ready. The front desk staff were excellent and they upgraded us to a room with a balcony. The night desk attendant was extremely friendly, sorry I can't remember his name, and were joked about football teams. Room was clean, as expected. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Hotel is located less than 1 mile from several restaurants, several as in more than 10, and under 3...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a double lung transplant 2 yrs ago at Baylor. I had to come back every month for over a year and after staying here the first time, knew it would be best for my safety, health. It's close to about any type of restaurant you'd want and shopping is the greatest and close. It is always clean and the staff is super. Adrian and Alyssa are my favorites. They always make you feel so welcome. Whether it's overnight or several nights, the Courtyard is my favorite. I just had my 2nd year transplant birthday and got to stay with y'all for 3 days and will be back later this month.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms with balconies so I can sit outside whether it's watching traffic or just enjo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stopped here during a cross-country road trip. We wanted somewhere that was clean and comfortable in a location close to the interstate. This hotel had exactly what we wanted and was a great value. We had dinner at Posado's Cafe right next door and loved it. The fact that breakfast wasn't included didn't bother us because it made the rate less than other hotels, and we love going to Starbucks anyways (there's one just around the corner where we stopped on our way out of town).

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel facilities were very pleasant and the staff members were very helpful. This particular room was clean, spacious neat with a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was large and comfortable.

The lobby had complimentary coffee, chocolate.The hotel had a good hot food area for purchase at reasonable prices.

If you wanted other fare, there was a large variety of outside restaurants nearby.

Parking and computer access were free. There was also hotel supplied free use computer near the lobby area.

Room Tip: My room had 1 king sized bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMCYMesquite, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear the hotel and amenities were a fit for what you were looking for. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had a wonderful stay this weekend at this hotel. The hotel was really clean. The staff at the front desk went over and beyond to help us with directions whenever we needed it. I think the guy name was Rolando and he was extremely helpful with everything. If I had one complaint it would be that there were a few ants in the bathroom area and I hate insects. It was very quiet and being a light sleeper I enjoyed that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I will follow up on the item you mentioned to make sure that has been addressed. We hope to serve you again in the future!