“LOVE this place, but..”

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
“LOVE this place, but..”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The following was written by another customer..this was my EXACT experience!!!! To a T!

"Ok, I stayed here twice in two weeks. The first visit didn't start out very well, as I had booked online and was not told that the office for check in closes at 11pm. So, I arrived at 11:30pm to find the office dark and locked. Finally....and the lady gives me a room key. Now, the room made up for it. I had a queen suite which is located on the bottom floor and right next to the office, everything was immaculate and I was actually impressed by the room for what I paid for it. There were even pans and utensils for cooking and the tub/shower combo was nice and shiny with plenty of towels. So, I let the bad check in experience go because I was happy with the room.
Ok, fast forward a few days later. Check in was quick and easy, it was mid afternoon, but then I got to my room, which felt more like a shoe box. It was cramped and musty, no pans for cooking my own meal and one towel. This room was located on the 2nd floor. I think if as a hotel you advertise things like stove tops, cooking utensils and such, that you should make sure all of your rooms have these items.."

The first time I stayed I booked the "accessible" room on accident, and later realized why it was actually a good thing. So after the second shoe-box room, I have purposely reserved the "accessible" room, in advance, online..only to arrive, and not a single of the additional 4 stays has it been available. Was given a full sized bed for a 5 year old and 2 adults..yea right. Was told if I wanted to upgrade, I'd have to pay the difference.. even though the guy at the front desk admitted that a "computer glitch" ON THE HOTEL'S END was to blame for my room, that I already reserved, being unavailable. NOT my fault.
I mentioned this in my post-stay survey, however, nothing has been done to try and resolve the issue. I hope it's fixed because I LOVE this hotel..I just hate to take the time to line up my ducks, then have to deal with their "computer glitch"..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ok, I stayed here twice in two weeks. The first visit didn't start out very well, as I had booked online and was not told that the office for check in closes at 11pm. So, I arrived at 11:30pm to find the office dark and locked. I then called the hotel to find out how I was suppose to check in, I got transferred to the answering service and the woman had me on the phone for 20mins while she tried to get someone on staff to answer the phone and let me in. Finally after I had been standing outside for 30mins a woman switched the light on and motioned for me to go around to the side. Wierd, but what the heck I needed to get to my room. She then opens the side door and tells me she will be with me in a minute and tells me to have a seat....I then wait about 10minutes for her to finish what she is doing and then she finally takes my info and gives me a room key. I would have had some mean words for the wait, but I was tired and just wanted to lay down. Now, the room made up for it. I had a queen suite which is located on the bottom floor and right next to the office, everything was immaculate and I was actually impressed by the room for what I paid for it. There were even pans and utensils for cooking and the tub/shower combo was nice and shiny with plenty of towels. So, I let the bad check in experience go because I was happy with the room.

Ok, fast forward to two days later when I needed a room again due to repairs on my home taking longer than had imagined. Check in was quick and easy, it was mid afternoon, but then I got to my room, which felt more like a shoe box. It was cramped and musty, no pans for cooking my own meal and one towel. This room was located on the 2nd floor. I called the front desk to ask for a pan and got no answer, so I walked down and requested pans to cook with. I was then left in the office and waited fifteen minutes for the man to come and give me one pan, I was too irritated to even ask for another once, since I didn't want to wait 15 more minutes. I think if as a hotel you advertise things like stove tops, cooking utensils and such, that you should make sure all of your rooms have these items.

I have come to the conclusion that in order to have a good stay, I will need to request the room right next to the office and check in way before 11pm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mesquitemom9
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that you dealt with issues during your second stay including a less than satisfactory level of customer service. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and customer service policies to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dme@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Please remember you get what you pay for. If you expect wake up calls and turn down service this is not the place. The room is clean when you check in. Michelle and Mamadu are very responsive and will help when they can. However, don't leave your valuable laying around and hang on to your towels. I had to go to Target to buy my own. Victoria, the cleaning lady is terrified of cats. If you can't crate yours she can't clean your room. If Ellie is there (as he often is on the weekend) don't ask him for anything. Just wait until Monday when their "a" team is there. Remember it's clean and quiet. The laundry room is on premises it's 2.00 to wash and 2.00 to dry. They label out of order washers and dryers. The vending machines are pricy but you can walk to the grocery store if you don't have a car. All in all a please to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My 1 sentence says it all. Was told it was a non smoking room. Smelled like somebody had smoked a carton the night before me. Honestly. Didnt care that we wasn't told it was a handicap room but they seriously need a new cleaning crew. Cob webs and dirty carpets, curtains looked like they have never been cared for. I could go on but whats the point. Just if you can find something else please do. Its not worth the money. I stayed at the Crossroads in Mesquite Texas room 135. I will give corporate a email cause I'm sure nobody high up will read this review. DUMP!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room had a smoke smell and was unclean upon arrival. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be working to improve the quality of our rooms and enhance our cleaning services moving forward. We will also make sure that the curtains and carpets in our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and replaced if necessary.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dme@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
montréal
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wish I had something good to say about this place but that is not the case. I arrived at 10:30pm after a very long drive and had to wait at least 10 minutes before anyone showed up at the front desk and while waiting some guest told me that this was his worst stay (and another guest was waiting for a plunger to unblock her toilet...) so it was not too promising. Once in the room there were no toilet paper or pillows!! The front desk clerk was nice enough to bring us some. We also noticed that there were a lot of 'hair' on the bathroom floor from a previous guest that had either cut his mustache or something else......so the next morning I called the front desk to ask them to send someone to clean it up and to our surpris after two days the hair mess was still there!! No one ever came..We also got woken up by the cleaning lady who obviously did not check how many days we were staying...(2) needless to say she was sent on her way pretty quickly...
Upon our check out I was told that I owed 17$ (I had booked with hotwire so no charges should of been added) that the clerk had no idea why this charge was there. She was new and called her manager who refused to give us a bill explaining what these charges were all about. I will talk to Hotwire about this bill that I still don't know if they will charge me or not. Oh yes, we locked ouselves out the first night and the clerk at the time just gave us another card without even asking our names!! There should at least be a security protocol to be followed in a case like that....anyhow this is out last stay in a rundown motel like that. Hopefully this will help as a review.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nathalie l
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I wish I had run into some of the nice people other reviewers have mentioned. Unfortunately, I did not. The rooms are well worn, not terrible, but there is plenty of room for improvement. The problems seem to be more along the lines of management and operations. The young man staffing the front desk seemed clueless about what he was doing and took no less than 20 minutes to check me in. He insisted on taking care of me first when another customer only wanted an extra towel. Towels are an issue here. We got to our room and found a single bath towel. No wash rags, no hand towels. (Why would a room meant for four people be stocked with enough towels for less than one person?) I went back to the office to ask for more towels and found the office open but vacant. A half hour later I went back again, the office was still vacant. Next trip was after 11pm so the office was closed. The next day my son went to the office and was told they were out of towels. HUH?

Hard to believe, but we actually went to WalMart to buy towels.

Needless to say, we won't be staying here in the future and recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gd540
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you experienced issues during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be inspecting each guest room prior to check-in to make sure they are in great conditions and have all necessary amenities. Also, we will be reviewing our front desk procedures to ensure a timely check-in and attentiveness of the staff.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dme@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Due to a job related relocation, my husband and I stayed for 3 months+. The service staff, including the maintenance crew, were ALWAYS kind, considerate, helpful and willing to do everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

Mamadu always goes over and above to help. He is an asset to the hotel, for sure.

All of the staff are great, with a special "Thank You" to Megan and Leo.

I would stay there again with no reservations and recommend it to anyone who asks where they can find a good hotel.
Thank you all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing such a good service and made you satisfy with your stay.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesquite
Crossland Studios - Dallas - Irving
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Quality Inn Dallas East
Quality Inn Dallas East
#5 of 19 in Mesquite
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite? Share your experiences!