“Not the best, not the worst”

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Not the best, not the worst”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Mesquite Crosslands was my first experience with this brand of hotel. In comparison to other extended stay hotels it was below average. The rooms are quite small even for one person. Hotel staff and location were good perks however. A local trucking company uses this hotel very regularly and typically has over 80% of it occupied at any given time. Therefore I would suggest making a reservation well in advance if you plan on staying here. I actually had to switch rooms after my first week due to this. Talking with some of the truck drivers was an interesting perk as well.

Pros: Only pay one-time for WI FI access (most extended stays charge for Internet weekly), good location with many restaurants and mall nearby

Cons: Small rooms, hotel has limited kitchenware, small kitchen facility

I would rate this a 5 out of 10 on the extended stay hotel scale.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Dallas - Mesquite. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lindale
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was having a surprise party for my husband and we had friends staying there also. The staff went above and beyond trying to help keep it a secret!!! They were so helpful and friendly!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I flew to Misquite for job training with an unnamed trucking company ( on my own dime ), the room was provided for me. My 1st room had never been cleaned since the last person and had a huge hole in the bathroom ceiling and wreeked of crack smoke! The 2nd wasnt much better. Very unsafe location. So bad, I immediatly called a cab, went back to the airport paid for a ticket back home and waited all night for the terminals to reopen. As bad as staying in airports for 2 whole days changing flights 8 times in all was, it was better than staying ONE night in those rooms! I beg of you, I emplore you DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$. By the way, a cab to the airport costed $72!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank willeg1001
dallas,tx
Reviewed December 10, 2009

The service was second to none. The room was very clean and had everything you could possibly need. It was also well located and by any type of resturaunt or store you c ould possibly need. It will be highly recommended by me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed July 8, 2009

ROOMS - very adequate for two people. It doesn't seem to be that old so everything works pretty well. Room keys are electronic cards, doors have locks and latches on the inside, good security. The kitchen has an electric stove with two cooking panels, a bar fridge (freezer in the top part of fridge doesn't really freeze), microwave, limited cooking utensils (I had to purchase a cutting knife to slice my meat and vegetables), knives, forks & spoons, a couple of plates, dishes & coffee cups. Air conditioner works great and cools the room down within seconds! TV, table & two chairs, telephone. Window opens about 6 inches & has a bolted in stopper, blinds close completely with no gaps so you have full privacy. Shower works great both hot and cold. Iron & ironing board stored in the corner out of the way.

LOCATION - Excellent! Right off the freeway, very quiet, opposite a fairly new apartment complex, seems to be quite a nice area. There's a huge shopping mall within walking distance, Kroger grocery store about half a mile walk, parking lot is huge and VERY well lit all night long with floodlights which I found wonderful, definitely makes you feel safer when venturing out at night. Takes about 15 minutes to get to downtown Dallas as it's all freeway.

PRICE - Book for 1 - 6 nights and you'll pay about $45.99 per night, book for 7 nights and you'll get the weekly rate of $29.99 per night...I only needed to stay 6 nights here but found it cheaper to stay an extra night!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Letsjustgetaway
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Stayed here for one night in Jan 08 during a cross-country trip. All we needed was a place to sleep. Got it as a 2* thru hotwire for a very cheap rate - and that's what we got.

The motel & the clientele seemed dodgy, though the check-in guy was friendly.

Room was fairly big, with kitchenette. Soap was very cheap, glad I brought my own shower gel.

Lots of restaurants and fast food joints w/i a short drive.

My car was the nicest in the whole lot, and honestly I was worried all night it would be broken into. Fortunately it wasn't.

If I ever need to stay in Mesquite again, I would definitely pay more to stay at Courtyard or Fairfield Inn etc.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Didn't feel safe
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank y2000k
Mustang, OK
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Not a good place to stay. I understand that it is a bargain extended-stay place, so my expectations were not high at all. They were also not met. My husband and I were alarmed by the shady-looking characters (some shirtless) wandering around the hotel parking lot around midnight. All the late night activity made us feel a tad uneasy. There was a cricket in our bathroom. The bed was hard as a rock with only two thin, flimsy pillows and I woke up the next day feeling like I'd had the tar beaten out of me. At that point, all I wanted was a hot shower to soothe my muscles. Unfortunately, the shower handle would (suspiciously) not go all the way to hot, so saying my shower was cool would probably be too kind a statement. After 11 pm, the office is closed and any and all calls are routed to a woman in the laundry who does not know anything about anything hotel-related (except presumably laundry) and her answer to all questions was to call back at 7 in the morning when the office opened. The only nice thing I have to say is that the office staff, when present, was pretty friendly and they refunded my money for the second night without hesitation, since we refused to stay another minute.

• Liked — Friendly desk staff
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesquite
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
#6 of 18 in Mesquite
Courtyard Dallas Mesquite
Courtyard Dallas Mesquite
#3 of 18 in Mesquite

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite? Share your experiences!