“Never again!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
New Mexico, USA
“Never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I don't understand why TRIPADVISOR.COM rated this as the best hotel in the Mesquite area. We had small children, and teenagers with us. We chose the hotel because of an indoor pool (too cold to swim outdoors), amusement park next door, and restaurants within walking distance (for our teens). The construction in the area made getting in and out of the hotel parking lot a challenge. The room was horrible! "Poop stains" on the chair, floor, and bedding. Dried banana stuck to the wall. Hair stuck to the sink in the bathroom. Outlet didn't work. I'm still nauseated by the experience. I didn't want to close my eyes at night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank RedVinoPlease

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

A little more worn than most Fairfield Inns, but an OK place to stay at a reasonable price. Highway noise in rooms might cause problems for light sleepers. Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Liked — Location if you have business in Mesquite
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Galloway, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

After a long day of driving and working outside in ridiculously hot & humid weather my travel partner and I arrived at the hotel. Check in was quick and efficient, taking about 2 minutes.

The bedding was fresh, clean and without signs of wear. There were five, yes FIVE pillows in varying degrees of fluffiness. The bathroom was clean and roomy. The shower had perfect water pressure and no temperature swings while I was using it. The WiFi connection was quick, easy & without problems.

Maybe most importantly it was QUIET. The hotel itself is in a noisy area next to a busy road and some sort of amusement park. Additionally our stay was over Memorial Day weekend and the hotel hallways were active with traveling families (as opposed to quieter business travelers). Yet, the room was blissfully quiet.

Overall the hotel suited our needs perfectly. For what we do quietude, cleanliness and comfort are the only luxuries we want to pay for and we received our money's worth twice over at this hotel.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
KANSAS CITY MISSOURI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

This was such a nice property for us, two cousins 50+ in town for a funeral. It was very clean with the updated bedding and a wonderful little breakfast and social room with roses on the tables and easy access to print boarding pass and check e-mail. Management was available, responsive and sweet. Thanks for an easy stay.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

Do not be afraid to stay here, just understand that its a lower quality Fairfield Inn. Definately a family hotel with indoor pool and kiddie pizza and game park next door. Bedding was clean and comfortable-- wonderful for a tired traveler. Free wireless Internet worked well. Lots of kids and families in the indoor pool.

This is almost, not quite, but almost the worst Fairfield Inn I have stayed in which means it is still better than most hotel/motels in its price range.

Needs better housekeeping-- found previous guest's airline iteneray with name and everything in the waste basket, carpeting needed vaccuming, finger print stains on doors, hair (pubic) on tub. Seemed like housekeeping cleaned the room with the guest still in it. Another reviewer wrote about this so I suspect from other smudges, smelly elevator, and other houskeeping oversights that the priority here is to get the beds ready for the next group of guests rather than cleanliness.

On the plus side, there were lots and lots of restaurants in walking distance (about 30-really) from sit down dinner to fast food.

Big indoor shopping mall across the street. Strip mall and theaters nearby. Really hard to drive to the hotel with all the mall traffic at night. Call to get directions.

Great senior rates for those over 62. Try to get the senior rate and you will tolerate the other stuff than if you paid full price.

• Liked — bed and bedding
  • Disliked — housekeeping
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank living&learnin
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2006

We were visiting a relative for the night in Dallas and their water pipe broke at 11:00pm just as we were preparing for bed. We all decided to go to a hotel and our relative would call a plumber in the morning. We called Fairfield Inn and got a Queen room. We planned to leave for home in the morning anyway. We were definitely surprised to find such nice bed linens and an excellent mattress with fluffy pillows. the room was very clean and we slept well. The continental breakfast worked for us, fruit and cereal.
I look forward to staying at another Fairfielld. I like their 100% guarantee cleanliness and their new bedding. Marvelous! Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, cost
  • Disliked — cannot think of anything
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
19 Thank Seniortravels2
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2005

I love tripadvisor! Because everyone has helped me out with reviews, I feel I must take the time to write.
We just returned from Spring Break. We had our travel agent make all of our hotel reservations.
The last hotel in heading home was the Fairfield Inn in Mesquite.
Disaster from the moment we walked in.
My TA and I had verified numerous times that payment had been received, well guess what, checking in at 4:55PM they could not find any mention my TA had paid. The revervationist called her boss, I then had to call my TA, thank goodness she had not left the office, finally, after standing there with 3 small children for almost an hour we checked in. I asked for an upgrade because of the hassle, well she had to call her boss again for permission.
He okayed the upgrade to an "excutive king suite". Before we walked in we could smell the smoke, when I opened the door my 6 yr old said it stinks. Also, how were we going to fit 5 people in a king bed. DUH...So we took our plain room back. We ask for an extra blanket and it looked like something from the salvation army. I then checked the one on my bed, same bad condition. Hairs in the bathtub..YUK>>>>
On checkout I ask for the manager, well he is a joke. Not one apology, just made excuses and said have a nice day.
As soon as I returned home I contacted Marriot, I know they donot condone this. So, just a head up.
I have another reveiw to write of a great hotel by Hilton we stayed in!

30 Thank bgg