“Hampton Inn Mesquite”

Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was able to check in a little earlier than the posted check in time and the check in process was quick. My room was clean and spacious and the staff was both friendly and helpful. There are several restaurants conveniently located nearby. The check out process was quick and easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, our location to local restaurants convenient, and our front desk team to be efficient. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a unique Hampton and I will divide this review into 2 parts: The property and the location. First, this property is both an Inn and a Suites. So it is suitable for a longer stay if you need the Suite aspect. My recent stay was overnite only so I had just a small room. Also, this location is attached to a conference center and an arena famous for the Mesquite Rodeo as seen on TV sports. As such, it is the perfect place to stay if you are accessing the arena for a weekend event. The entrance leads into a very large Great Room that serves as the breakfast and general gathering location. Large flat screens are tuned to the latest news. A check in station is located on the right. The staff at check-in were terrific. Very personable and greeting me as an Honors member. Reminded me of their satisfaction guarantee. Was like a training video but it is good to see a high standard. My room was quite small, but keep in mind that this property has been here a long time and some aspects are dated. I must emphasize that the room and bath were very clean. The bed linens smelled fresh. A wardrobe serves as a closet. The bath was an older model with a small corner vanity and a tub/shower combo. Not much counterspace. The wood vanity was showing the wear of too much exposure to bath humidity. The coffee maker was in the main room on a small table. The heater/AC combo window unit worked well and was quiet. Also, the accomodations in general were quiet. My room was located just above the check-in desk and I could not hear a thing. The morning breakfast was very good with the usual good selection Hampton has available. The staff was again very courteous and welcoming - even coming around to pick up my used plates and bowl. I think Hampton does a great job with their buffet breakfast that meets every need. Everything from yogurt to waffles, eggs and sausage to fresh fruit and/or cereal and oatmeal. This location did breakfast particularly well as they had the staff on hand.
As mentioned earlier, I also have to comment on the location. Because it is located next to an arena, there is plenty of accessible parking. However, the primary food vendors in the immediate vicinity were mostly fast food. You may have to drive a ways to get a nice sit-down meal. The good news is that it is just off I-635, not far from Town East Mall and a large contingent of restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you again for selecting Hampton Inn & Suites at Rodeo Center.

Best Regards & Safe Travels,

Jon Patterson – General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is passible, however, without food, nor taxi available, one might starve. There was microwave food for sale in the lobby, however, there was NO microwave in the room. Give me a break!!! The front desk called a taxi to take us to a restaurant, however no taxi arrived. One might go to bed hungry! I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

I do apologize for any issue you experienced with the taxi service we called and lack of a microwave if one was not available to be brought to your room. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may avoid repeat issues.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to rodeocenter@jqh.com so we may address it with you directly.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was the first time in the area and staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Mesquite , Texas. The hotel staff was very friendly, and professional in accommodating you. The rooms where clean, but seemed outdated with the current furniture and decor. Don't count on reading anything in bed, because the lighting was way below average, not unless you where in the bathroom. The area is close to the freeway, however the hotel itself seemed very remote . There is no other businesses around it, unless you have a vehicle or maybe a horse. This hotel has a lot of space for conventions and a yearly rodeo event that comes with plenty of parking; a lot of parking. The daily morning breakfast is good and hot but limited at times regarding fresh fruit, totally buffet style. This is the only food available, because the hotel has no restaurant. Meaning no food past the morning breakfast, unless you have it delivered or drive to it. The consolation is that the hotel snack bar will sell you (pricy) a "cup of noodles" or campbell soup for you to heat up in your rooms microwave oven...shigh.

Room Tip: Pick a room that does not have an air conditioner that keeps you up at night.
1  Thank fadiha
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be both friendly and professional. I'll certainly pass your comments along to our staff. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary morning breakfast offering, found our hotel to be very clean, and our location to be convenient one. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first trip to this area. I was very impressed by this location. It was clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. The rodeo is a short walk across the parking lot. This is the first Hamton I have experienced with a kitchen area, living room area and separate bedroom. It was actually better than many of the Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inns that I have stayed at. The front desk staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. It would be nice if this location had a restauraunt and bar area. This will be my preferred location if I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Valued Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite. I'm glad to hear that our two-room extended stay style guest suites, staff friendliness, and convenient location made your trip an enjoyable one! Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards & safe travels,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visit my family in the Mesquite area at least 3 times a year. Every trip I make, I stay here. The staff really makes it worthwhile. The rooms are always clean. I never miss the breakfast. My Dad always makes sure we stay at our "second home" whenever we visit. Last time, we even saw Sir Charles, who was performing at the rodeo next door. Town East Mall is right down the street. iHop is nearby. Be sure to ask for the restaurant guide at the front desk. As far as prices go, it's always reasonable. I wouldn't choose another hotel, this is by far, one of the best in the Mesquite area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Repeat Guest,

We are happy to hear about your wonderful series of stays here at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Rodeo Center. Thank you taking the time to tell us about your positive experiences with our staff friendliness, guest room cleanliness, complimentary breakfast offering, all received at a good value. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards & Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Okay - everything is bigger in Texas including the Hampton Inn Mesquite - the biggest we ever stayed in. This hotel seemed to be somewhat new and very clean. It is next to the Mesquite Rodeo (although no rodeo was going on when we went and it was not crowded at all in early April 2013). Our room was a standard two double bed room - like most Hampton Inns. The room and bathroom were very clean and it was very quiet. I have no complaints. Because it is so big, there is somewhat of a walk to the elevator from the room and from the lobby. The breakfast area was big which must be good when it gets crowded. There was an attendant who really kept the breakfast area and tables clean - she was totally on top of it. The breakfast food was good and very diverse for the two days we stayed there (omelets, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, including the standard cereals and cold food, etc). Our room rate was great with a AAA discount. The drive into downtown Dallas (where were visiting) was not bad at all given the value of the hotel. Overall this was a great hotel and I recommend it.

Room Tip: As always get a room away from Elevators and away from the traffic/road side of building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager078, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite. I will pass your kind words onto our staff who is always working hard to ensure our guests have great stays. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Best regards,