“WOW! What a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gasthof Hasen

Gasthof Hasen
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Herrenberg
Cuisines: International, German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our 4-star-hotel "Hasen" is part of Herrenberg's history. It was mentioned in a document as early as 1620 and even then was famous beyond the boundaries of town. In 1984 the hotel was fully renovated and a spacious new building was added. It now boasts 66 rooms with 107 beds and the restaurant can seat 85 guests. In 2015 most of the guest rooms are fully renovated. Our restaurant with its monthly changing menu focuses on fish and vegetarian dishes, which we serve on 364 days of the year. (Our restaurant is closed on Christmas Eve.) Our kitchen offers you warm meals from 12:00 am till 10:30 pm. Between 2 pm and 6 pm and between 9:00 pm and 10:30 pm we serve a variety of hot and cold meals from a reduced menu. You are welcome to browse our website and find out about us. We are looking forward to your visit!
Huntsville, Alabama
“WOW! What a great experience!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the Gasthof Hazen last night after reading the positive comments from other TripAdivisor reviewers. We had high expectations, but were still unprepared for the brilliant experience that awaited us. The restaurant is located in a five star hotel in the scenic town of Herrenberg. As soon as we walked through the door we begin to feel as though we'd been transported a hundred years back in time. We were seated in a cozy dining room with dark wood paneling, low arches, and stained glass windows. Although almost every table was occupied, the atmosphere was subdued and peaceful, there were no loud talkers or screaming children. It reminded me of some of the more formal restaurants I've been to in Europe. My wife and I had a Kir Royale and a crisp Hockdorf before enjoying perfectly prepared mixed salads and bowls of cream soup made from carrot, pear, and ginger. Absolutely delicious! The salad was served with freshed baked bread, creamy butter, and compotes of olives and pickled pepper. I'd go back just for the soup and salad it was so good. When the main course arrived we were again pleasantly surprised with the presentation, aroma, and appearance of our dishes. I had a zweibelrostbraten or rump steak with onion gravy and spatzle, while my wife had perch with reisling sauce, rice and a perfect Swabian vegetable medley. There was not one thing to complain about. I ordered my steak medium and it came out medium. The service was impeccable and our accolades to the staff were non-stop. My wife's rice was unusually good with a very subtle but pleasant sweetness. Her perch was delicate and tasteful and the sauce that complimented it was likewise subtle and did not overpower the fish or vegetables. The waitress recommended an excellent regional wine to go with the perch. My fare was traditional Swabian comfort good, expertly prepared and completely satisfying. The smiles never left our faces and we knew we'd be returning frequently. Lastly, we savored two wonderful desserts. I opted for the apple fritters with ice cream, while my wife had the creme custard. We each thought our dessert was the best, but loved the little fried apple donuts garnished with fresh whipped cream and a sprig of mint. It went perfectly with the strong coffee I had as an end to my meal. As we were leaving we noted that the hotel with be having a special spargel dinner on June 3rd, I recommend you make reservations well in advance if you wish to attend, I have a feeling it will be a sellout event. The Gashoff Hazen is a wonderful establishment we felt was very reasonably priced. We highly recommend it!

• Visited March 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local and traditional german dishes...”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Local and traditional german dishes. Offers special service for weddings. More www.Hasen.de