“Yummy Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food was very good, I had #121 and it was beyond awesome but my mother in laws wasn't nearly as good (just okay). I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family. The service was very good, a little slow but extremely friendly.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I have only 2 favorite restaurants in the Stuttgart area, one is Busnauer Im Wildpfad for German/Swabisch food and Samui Thai for Asian/Thai food. The owner Ra has become a good friend and even when we weren't friends, I can guarantee that he will have the biggest smile and best service for his guests. Our favorite dishes are both duck dishes, do try his Prik Thai duck w/ peppercorn strings and his red curry duck with pineapple and lychees (and to think I was never a duck person). His tom yum soup is also excellent, along with his beef curry. One time, we went on a Saturday for lunch only to find out from the sign outside that he is closed. As we were ready to get back to the car, the owner came driving in and stopped us and believe it or not, opened the restaurant anyway, just for us! Crazy guy :) Also, just call him for take-aways if you don't have time for a sit down.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I like going there with friends. Good service in a relaxed environment. We were able to get good quality Thai food that was clearly served fresh

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We’ve been to Samui Thai twice on the recommendation of several friends in the Böblingen area and because we enjoy a change of pace with food with a bite. We’ve been to one other Thai place (Rainbow Garden) in Böblingen and I prefer Samui because there seems to be more room in the restaurant (Rainbow Garden is always so packed), the server (who speaks English) is very friendly and the food is equally good, if not better (only according to me!). There is a fairly extensive menu, the food can be ordered to taste since Thai food can be pretty spicy and the prices are very reasonable. You can call in a takeout order which is a nice option. Give it a whirl, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a colleague as the best Thai food in the area. And indeed, we were quite pleased with our vegetarian meal.

My wife ordered 3 entrees and spring rolls for just the two of us! I thought we'd have left-overs for a couple of meals. But we ate it all. So clearly we liked each dish -- Fried Vegetables (meaning stir-fried), Red Curry with vegetables, Fried Thai noodles with Brocolli (normally with chicken, but we asked for it without). Portion sizes were not that large (although they included about 12 spring rolls for a serving).

Our bill came to 46€ with only drinking water, so I consider that somewhat pricey given the ambiance is nothing. That said, we'll certainly try it again for lunch, and maybe see if the quality of their buffet lives up to their entrees.