“Excellent Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Being that I'm vegetarian, I was very pleased with Fried Vegetable meal, and the veggie spring rolls. The owner said he would cook the vegetarian spring rolls for me since they are normally not served during the evening dinner. I highly recommend, unfortunately could not order dessert maybe next time.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I love Thai food. It is just amazing and doesn't leave you feeling like you've overdone yourself when you order (and finish) a large meal. Now to the review... I chose to go here with a co-worker for dinner based on my love for Thai food and the high ratings Samui Thai received via trip advisor. Non the less, I had somewhat high expectations and was eagerly looking forward to some Phad Thai during a recent business trip. Once we were seated, we ordered our drinks. I asked for Thai Tea, but the owner (who took our order) said they did not serve it. That was the first surprise although not a big deal. I ordered my Phad Thai with chicken and my friend ordered something with coconut milk and a side of spring roles. Our drinks and meals came and I noticed that instead of chicken that my Phad Thai came with shrimp, which I do not eat (surprise number two). Not to be alarmed, I told the server that it was wrong and he took the plate away and promised to serve up the correct version quickly. About five minutes later he returned with a generous portion of Phad Thai with chicken. On the outset, it looked great and I was anxious to put those favorable reviews to the test. Then came the third surprise. As I began eating, I found a long (approximately 10 inches) and dark hair in my meal. Needless to say, my appetite immediately shut down and I was not about to try for a remake of the meal. The owner was immediately informed of the error and about five minutes later came to our table and apologized profusely. He even brought out some Jack Daniels and coke to drink with me and my friend as a way of making amends. He mentioned that he was normally the one to cook the meals, but today decided to give his apprentice more time behind the grill. I felt he was sincere and have therefore not posted a negative review of the cuisine because honestly I do not know how it would have tasted otherwise and he did feel badly about the string of mistakes. I do feel it is worth noting that the reviews regarding the service are spot on; they are very attentive and the owner is an affable gentleman. He even offered to make the meal himself next time when I come to visit. I do like Thai food but am not sure if I will give Samui Thai a second chance as there are many other establishments that are worth the trip. Closing thoughts, you can count on the service and the food may be indeed as good as prior reviews have stated but unless the owner is cooking your meal, you may want to pay extra attention to whats served on your plate.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have been going here for over 2 years and love the food. The owner/cook is wonderful and very personable. Everything is great! We also get the Pad Thai and Red Chicken Curry with soup and spring rolls. We ask for it a little spicy, and it is perfect with a little kick at the end-just enough and it's perfect! We have been to other areas around Boblingen, and by far this is the best! You will love it too!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

The owner personally came over to say hello and deliver drinks. We were referred to the restaurant by colleagues. Food was FANTASTIC. I want to go back again TONIGHT! Highly recommend if you love Thai food. The perfect blend of spicy and hot. Loved the place so much that I brought the receipt (I am visiting for business) back into the conference to give to another colleague to recommend the place.

As we waited for our taxi, the owner brought us another round on the house.

Thank you for such a great experience!

1  Thank js p
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Great Thai restaurant with a wonderful lunch buffet for only 6.90 euro. Very friendly, English speaking server. Best deal in the local area.