“Good Italian Food”

da Alfredo
Ranked #34 of 121 Restaurants in Boblingen
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good quality Italian food, not just Pizza. Set in the "Kunstler" area of Böblingen, so many younger people visit it. Parking is also quite easy within 5 minutes walk.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had dinner in da Alfredo and I was not impressed.
My green sald came with a yellow-ish dressing which was not home made and two ciabatta rolls which were hard.
The lasagne was plentiful, there was lots of it but it lacked taste, and the sauce was mediocre. I had the feeling it came out of a microwave and the overall experience was a bland and disappointing meal. I would not go back.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great place to eat at lunch or for diner. Although it is a family place I like going there with my husband and have intimate meals with a nice glass of red wine. The Salmon Pasta is very good and creamy and will heat up well the next day with a little milk. the portions are pretty big so make sure that you come with an appetite or know that you might be taking home left over’s. The lady that takes your order speaks English so there is no guessing anything. If you have any questions just ask and she is willing to explain anything on the menu. During the month of October they serve pumpkin ravioli. If it is on the menu I would highly recommend that you try it. Every once in a while Alfredo (the chef) will make a Balsamic vinegar ice cream. I have had it twice and let me tell you that it is making my mouth water as I am writing about it. I am not a big fan of sweets; I prefer savory and this ice cream hit just the right pallet. Eat it slowly and savor. It is worth ordering.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have been here many times and they have the BEST Italian food in Boeblingen by far! The food is always fresh and made to order. The head waitress is also the wife of the head cook and owner. She is a wonderful women and really runs that restaurant well. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food you get. I highly recommend this restaurant. I have been there at least a dozen times and always leave there pleased.

2  Thank Marisa C
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This Italian bistro is located on the Kustlerallee in downtown Böblingen and has been a fixture for years. da Alfredo is run by an Italian chef and his German wife. Whenever I'm in Böblingen or Sindelfingen (Daimler), I make it a point of having lunch or dinner at da Alfredo.

The restaurant is not large but often busy, especially during the dinner hour. The menu has all of the standard Italian items including scaloppini, osso buco and loads of various pastas mixed with some house specials. My favorite, which is not always on the printed menu, is Calamari Griglia. This is a clean and simple spin (typical Italian) on calamari. It is grilled, not breaded and deep fried and served with a vegetable and fresh lemon. The simplicity of this plate makes it all the more delicious. I often splurge here with a salad of arucola con pomodoro and an appetizer of Carpaccio. Yum. For dessert, Tiramisu is a must.

Da Alfredo opens a sidewalk section on the pedestrian-only frontage to the restaurant. On warm evenings, the place is jammed so get there early and claim your table. Parking is close by at the Böblingen Rathaus Parkhaus, only a 5 minute walk across the Stadtgrabenstrasse and up the hill.

1  Thank IMFLYBOY