“Excellent service, food spiced for locals”

Thai Rainbow Garden
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Boblingen
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Loved this restaurant. They spoke very good English and the menu had English translation. We ordered the Duck in red curry sauce and the Beef in green curry sauce. We like our Thai food to be very spicy so we ordered some hot sauce on the side. The food was of top quality and did not disappoint. My only complaint is to provide a hot sauce that was not as salty. Otherwise, I highly recommend this restaurant. The place is child friendly and very clean. They even have real Koi and a nice fish tank.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had the massuman with chicken and requested it to be spicy. They did not disappoint. The spice was flavorful, but not overwhelming. The only thing that kept this from a 5 was that there was too much coconut milk.
Great atmosphere, great menu, very friendly staff.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband travels a lot to Germany and whenever he comes to Stuttgart/Sindelfingen we usually eat here on a Sunday. One because they are one of the only restaurants open and two because after two weeks in Germany we miss having spicy food!

FOOD: Always full of flavor and pretty authentic tasting. We have enjoyed many things on their menu but the curries, soups and stir fries are always tasty. You can’t really go wrong with any choice.

SERVICE: Very good, they are attentive and help if you are having a hard time reading or selecting something from their menu.

ATMOSPHERE: I really love their tables, they are hand cut wood carvings with a piece of glass on top, as well as their huge fish tank partition. If you eat dinner there you can usually see them feed the fish, eels, etc. It is a pretty cool piece of living art right in the middle of the restaurant.

1  Thank deelovnco
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am from Hawaii and have spent many days eating real thai home cooking at my friends houses. Spent several years in Thailand as well as laos and much of southeast asia. This food is definitely made for the locals here. I doubt the owners of the restaurant cook like this at home. But you have to do what you have to do to survive in the market you're in. Unfortunately, the food is bland, lacks that heat I'm used to. I thought the Som tam was ok, better than the rest of my meal. most of the other dishes I sampled with my family were bland or watered down.

Our waiter was not the greatest, but the owners and greeting staff were very friendly. They have really inviting decor and a massive fish tank to keep the kids occupied.

Prices were ridiculously overpriced for that meal. There's another thai restaurant just down the street, Samui thai that was much better. It had much better food and a little cheaper. The Decor at Samui is not nearly as nice as rainbow garden, so if that's what you look for rainbow garden is the place for you. I am out to eat so food is top priority for me.

the Thai food in Germany is probably some of the most expensive thai food in the world next to some fine dining thai restaurant in New york possibly. Samui will probably run you around 50-60 euros for a family of 4 where as Rainbow garden will cost around 80+ euros for a family of 4.

In hawaii an amazing hole in the wall authentic Thai restaurant will cost maybe 20-30$ or 15-20 Euros for a family of 4. But yes, we are far from asia here so up go the prices, and cost of living factor, I understand.

1  Thank job515
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Being of Thai descent,I grew up eating this type of cuisine, and although many have come close to serving authentic Thai food, this restaurant falls drastically short. I assume they are trying to cater to their mainstream clientele, which would explain why their dishes are so bland, unmemorable, and severely overpriced.

As wonderful as the service was, my family and I have no desire to return, nor would we recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Lepton3