“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reussenstein

Reussenstein
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Boblingen
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Schonaich, Germany
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was so good we are going back this week. The only set back to the place was the heating, it was up way too high. It is the middle of winter but I had to stand outside to cool off. If you can get passed the heat then you will love this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gloria F

Rottweil, Germany
“Very good traditional schwäbisch food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I had not heard of this restaurant before, but it was a very pleasant surprise. The menu was really interesting. I had the three platter taster option which came on a kind of three tier cake stand. Really excellent dishes the jus or sauce on the beef was simply delicious. Parking is a little tricky but hey for a place this good it is not surprising that it is full. Definitely book ahead as for a Wednesday it was packed. For desert I had a pear 'cake' with ice cream and it was outstanding. If you are in the area give it a try !

Falcon, Colorado
“Well deserving of #1 rating! 5+ stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

When this review was written, this restaurant was rated #1 restaurant in Böblingen. I know why! I don't normally get "extras" (salads, soups, desserts) at restaurants, but they looked so good coming out of the kitchen, I had to!

I must admit, I had a table the looked into the kitchen through large glass doors. i thought this would detract from my experience, but it ended up enhaning it. The noise was minimal (the door shut automattically when servers entered/exited), and it was interesting to see how the kitchen staff worked.

The potato soup was to die for! Excellent. I had the steak with grilled onions in a wine, honey, vinegar sauce, and spätzle. Steak was good, sauce was excellent, and the spätzle... oh the spätzle! Beyond excellent! Then came dessert. With the yummy-ness of the meal so far, I had to go for the sampler. WOW! A berry concoction that was really good. Fresh buttermilk ice cream, a black forest cake, and an (how to explain this...)... well, I can only describe it as cinnamon apple silk ice cream. Mind=blown!

One more thing to note: if you don't like hoppy beer, you must try the beer here. While they have the traditional pils and hefeweisen, they also have a third option vom fass (on draft). Unfortunately, I don't remember the name on the menu, but it's the third option. All else fails, it's Schönbuch Ur-Edel. (I had the server show me on the Schönbuch website.) So smooth and tasty. My new favorite!

If you are ANYWHERE near this restaurant, make the drive to eat here!

• Visited January 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
“Reussenstein catering - on time, good price, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our group recently had an evening event catered by Reussenstein. We had a 3 course meal for 60 people, plus a sekt greeting at the start of the evening.
The drinks were served at 18.00, and the caterers dropped off the drinks plus glasses, then went back to the restaurant to finish the food preparation. Our site was about 10 minutes drive from the restaurant itself, but I don't know where the food was actually prepared.
At the appointed time, they returned, cleaned up their glasses and bottles, then brought in the food and chafing dishes, plus plates and silverware.
We had both meat and vegetarian dishes, and very sufficient quantity. The menu was Swabian specialties, for example spaetzle, or sauerkraut lasagna.
They were very easy to work with, held to their commitments and delivered what was agreed upon on time and they adjusted the offer to meet our needs.
I would absolutely use them again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank karen o
Zug, Switzerland
“Never Rated a Restaurant With Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

But the restaurant deserves five (yes five) stars.

The food is prepared fresh and presented extremely well. The staff speaks English and was helpful in making a selection. You must try the chocolate cake and ice cream desert. It was fantastic.

The decor is a little dated, but you get the feel for the area. We met family there for lunch on Sunday afternoon and even though there was a large group we were attended to immediately and timely. Hats off to the staff.

Recommend you make reservations when in the Stuttgart area and have at least one meal there. You will not regret going.

Visited November 2012