“A great place to stay.”

Ringhotel Niedersachsen
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hoxter
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked the room the night before on line, and was a little concerned about where we would be staying. We found the hotel easily, luckily we travel with GPS, but more importantly the hotel's parking lot was just across the street. The reception staff were very efficient and helpful. The hotel is spread out over a number of buildings and the instructions on how to get to our room were a bit convoluted. But with the staff's help we managed. The room was good, nice and bright, with a balcony. The bathroom was small but functional, beds comfortable. We had a problem getting wifi in our room as it was so far from reception, it was available in the restaurant and reception, but rather slow.
The hotel is located right in the town centre so easy access to stroll and look at the amazing half timbered buildings. We ate in the hotel restaurant, it was the only place we could find in the vicinity. However the meal was excellent, consisting of local and seasonal food. The waitress was excellent, very friendly, and helpful especially with our limited German.
Overall, a great place to stay especially if you are going to see the Monastery at Corvey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki A

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times for business. If I am travelling with customers, this is the hotel I choose as it is consistently good. (If I'm travelling alone, sometimes I will pick a cheaper option).

The rooms do vary. This is partly because there is an old and a new building (on opposite sides of the street) but also because hotel has carried out a refurbishment programme. The newer building has more modern rooms and bathrooms. One thing to look out for is market day! If you have a room facing the street, shut your windows if you don't want to be rudely awakened at the crack of dawn by the market traders.

The wifi is free although you do need a code from reception. I have sometimes arrived very late and the reception is not staffed 24 hours. I let them know that i would be arriving at 1am and they kindly left me a key on the reception desk but no wifi code!

The breakfast buffet is good with a decent selection of food, juices, tea, coffee etc.

I haven't eaten in the restaurant in the evening because we normally go to the bar at the back of the hotel, the Sachsenklause. Here, they serve excellent beer and I also recommend the Hauspfanne or Hausteller as a main course. One disadvantage of the bar is that smoking is permitted but this suits some of my customers!

I have only managed to visit the pool once and having gone to all the trouble of finding the pool and getting changed, discovered that an aqua-aerobics class was taking place and the pool wasn't open to guests at that time. It's worth checking the timetable first.

The staff are always helpful and friendly. Parking is extra and I pay this out of laziness as I'm sure I could street park locally. It's not a busy town but there are parking restrictions in the streets around the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main street if you sleep with your windows open, especially on market da...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night during a business trip. While the lobby seems modern, things change when you walk towards your room and esp once you walk into your room. Was put into a single room. While it was clean, it was small, outdated and had this distinct old room smell. The walls are very thin: at night I heard the crowd downstairs and in the morning i could hear my neighbor cough...lovely.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing special.

Overall the room cost €80 plus €7 for parking. Breakfast included. given that you are in the middle of nowhere, one shouldnt be surprised by the low price. The rooms need some serious TLC and while a Poor rating might be a bit harsh, that was my first impression when i opened the door and was greeted by this dark, smelly, run down space.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was very comfortable and at back as requested with a small balcony- only view of buildings but as it rained was not an issue. Has some problems with hot water as bath filled very slowly and water not hot enough. Bathroom would benefit from update as a bit worn. Very friendly staff and excellent varied breakfast buffet. Restaurant food excellent and we enjoyed the half board deal as well as a la carte on second night. Wifi worked well
If you plan to use the pool you need your own towel and 2 euro for a locker which I did not realise until I got there. Also no private changing rooms unless you use toilets! Be warned that although it says no naked swimming before 9pm men were doing this at 3pm in afternoon…I did not use sauna as nudity obligatory there and only men using it.
Only other downside is smoking is allowed in bar meaning we could not sit in it but enjoyed our aperitif in restaurant. Would stay again if in area.

Room Tip: we had a room at back so no street noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel in perfect position: center city, parking outside very little and expensive, on Thusday on the rout there is a streetshop and from the 5 o clock is impossble sleep for the noise.
Breackfast very nice and generous.
Staff frendly and prepared.
No airconditioning present in my room !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cocobaya
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Hotel is located in the center of the city and you can have rooms in the main building or in the annex. Rooms are larged and the bathroom as well. The furniture of the room are quiet basic but the bed is comfortable. It's not a luxury hotel but it's a good price and value. Free internet and good breakfast in the morning. In summer rooms can be warm and you get a feeling of humidity in the annex building due to the swiming pool. Food in the Hotel is good and service very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is our second time staying at this hotel, and we enjoyed our 4 day stay very much. We found the breakfast buffet to be outstanding and an excellent value. The room was quiet and clean, with pleasant wood furnishings and tasteful colors. We requested a quiet room this time, and suggest anyone who does not tolerate a little street noise, to do the same. They were very accomidating. The spa and pool in the basement are top notch and we used them every evening after an active day of bicycling the scenic area. This not being an international tourist destination, we find it a pleasant surprise to have an English speaking staff at the front desk. Our stay was relaxing and entertaining as we explored the little town of Hoxter.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoxter
Flair Hotel Stadt Hoexter
#2 of 8 in Hoxter
Hotel am Jakobsweg
Hotel am Jakobsweg
#2 of 2 in Hoxter

Been to Ringhotel Niedersachsen? Share your experiences!