Walking past it we thought 4 Espices was just a creperie, but reading the other reviews, realised it did Savoyarde dishes too and decided to give it a go for one of our evenings in the town.
Generally it was a good expereience with very nice food, although I could see elements of many of the other reviews, good and bad.
The good aspects were:
- Nice food, obviously prepared and presented with care
- A good menu with the Savoyarde staples as well as a good range of galettes and crepes.
- Nice atmosphere inside - we visited in the summer but could imagine it being very cozy during the ski season
- It's popular, both with older couples like ourselves and families with children - suggests it's doing something right
- Service was pretty good, no unreasonable waits to order or be served.
The down sides were:
- It is small and popular, so the tables are squeezed in - rather more cozy than I would like.
- The two waitresses were stretched to serve the whole restaurant and outside tables - whilst service was acceptable waits were longer than we would want - and they were working hard even to achieve this.
All things considered I would see the good food and pleasant waitresses made up for the downsides and overall rate this as a very decent good value restaurant.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.