“Hurray club med La Plagne!”

Club Med Aime la Plagne
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Macot-la-Plagne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Haifa, Israel
“Hurray club med La Plagne!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We arrived late to the club due to a 5 hour delay in the flight.
Nevertheless, we got the warmest welcome, keys, ski pass etc. were put in an envelope with our names on.

It was just past 19:00, we were afraid the shop, from which we rented our equipment, will be closed...
Michael, the GO at the reception desk, phoned the shop, made sure they would wait for us, ordered a taxi and asked the driver to wait for us to return.
Total devotion.
Great Initiative.
He made our day.

One of my children has celiac disease (gluten sensitivity).
The chef of cuisine (CAROLINA) reassured us she would prepare special dishes just for him, and she did!
Amazing, going through all that trouble for just one kid!
Hurray club med La Plagne! after numerous times at "the club" you really made our dreams come true!

Rooms were as clean as I could have wished! Vacuumed twice a day! bathroom "refreshed" in the afternoon!
The room was smelling of cleanliness!
A newly renovated bathroom was very comfortable: in particular the spacious shower.
The water was always hot and the current was strong.
The heater at the bathroom did a great job drying our gloves and socks.

The bedroom is very small - two beds, 24 inch LCD TV showing a good variety of cable channels (some in English too), a small cupboard and lots of electric sockets for all your
E-devices. Again, a powerful heater, made our stay in the room very comfortable.

Chef of the village was Michèle, cheerful, funny, polite wonderful with children.

Each evening there was live jazz music (keyboard and sax), it was great.

Things they could have improved:
-No stretching session in the afternoon, no sauna, no pool.
-The bar area is very small hence crowded.
-The variety of food is somewhat dull, in particular fruit selection and barbecued meat.

Room Tip: Aim la plan is situated about 300 meters from another club med in la plan 2100. pay attention! If...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ofel1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Ra'anana, Israel
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Year after year, for the last seven years, we come back to Club med at Aime La Plagne - and it says it all.
It is such a "homey" place, filled with smiling people, guests and staff alike, that lives all family members happy at all times. The food is great, the service is always pleasant and helpful and everybody are doing their best to give the gusts a great vacation.
Its location, right on the slopes, makes it a real ski-in ski out and at lunch time you may just stop by the club and have a quick lunch at the dining area outside - without even taking your ski boots off! Just a perfect ski resort!
So, whenever we think "Should we go somewhere else this year?" - the answer is - no.
We go back to Club Med aime La Plagne :-)

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor, near the elevators. It is close and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eyal_Shahar
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have just got back from a wonderful week at Club Med La Plagne Aime and I would thoroughly recommend this place to everyone! I will certainly be going back and will hopefully take my son with me next time as it seemed like a great place for children too.

The skiing is literally out of the door and the location is perfect with lifts on your door step too. The food was excellent with an extensive choice every day – even for somebody who doesn’t eat meat but loves fish like me, oh and the cheese yum yum!!! (I put on half a stone as I was trying everything I could eat as it looked so delicious!) The house wine was of good quality (Sauvignon Blanc) and there were choices of cocktails, liqueurs and shorts and anything else you wanted at the bar.
The staff (Alp especially and many of the restaurant workers whose names I can’t remember right now), were all very friendly and very helpful.
The Hotel Manager was something else! He was around for the majority of the time, he was there to greet you at breakfast and dinner and also a big part of the entertainment in the evenings (which I thought was great as a lot of it is put on by the staff who all seem to have fun!) The Manager even helped us out with our cases on the morning we left! It’s no wonder all the staff seem happy, the Manager doesn’t ask them to do anything he wouldn’t do. Great leadership on his behalf… Well done Oliver!
The ski lessons were great. Not really lessons as such as we were not taught lots of technical stuff, but we did get to find our way around and had fun doing it too. Our group abilities ranged from an almost beginner to intermediate and it all worked out really well with us all improving throughout the week. We also got to meet some really nice people from all over Europe. The groups were typically around 10 – 12 people.
I had showers every day and never once had a problem with the water temperature as has been mentioned previously. The room we had was a bit on the cosy side (and did smell of smoke when we first arrived but after leaving the window open for a few hours it was fine. I am sure they would have done their best to move us if we had complained.) The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We didn’t spend a lot of time in the room so it wasn’t a big problem for us, but it was small so don’t expect anything else and you won’t be disappointed.
Overall, it was a fantastic break and I had a wonderful time! I am missing the cocktails after a hard days skiing!! Back to reality now!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mandy123123
St Columb Major, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This the second club med we've been to, the first being at les arcs extreme.
Decor wise there's not a lot between them, slighty dated but that isn't really an issue. I preferred the extreme bar area with the sofas more conducive to meeting other guests. Aime has small table and chairs near the bar lending itself to smaller groups. There are sofas nearby but they're away from the bar area and therefore away from the clubmed "action", which some may prefer but no me. There's plenty more comfy seating near the stage but it's a bit dark there and not too inviting.
The bar staff are great, in particular the Belgian guy with the big specs who readily offers alternative drinks to try. If I knew his name, I'd thank him ! I'd also like to know the names of the tall black guy always at the entrance to the restaurant who was really friendly & welcoming and the Brazilian/Israeli girl with dark hair on the kindergarten department who always had a smile on her face and was great to talk to.

This hotel is truly door to door skiing so no problems there.

Esf ski school/guiding really works well and Louisa, our instructor/guide was brilliant, helpful and friendly.

Disappointed that this day age that you still have to pay for wifi considering the price we paid.

Bedroom was great but there's no doubt, the heating was confusing and probably need explaining more.

This hotel accommodates children, so is ideal for families but they were a bit loud and spent a lot of time getting under our feet at the restaurant area in particular but if children are accepted, I can't really complain.

Food wise, well, nothing short of brilliant. The choice is seemingly limitless. French in style, which certainly suited me with themes nights, such as seafood where there were unlimited oysters, whelks, shrimps, prawns etc. etc. well, I was in shellfish heaven ! Another night real foie gras...not the pate, the real deal !!! I probably ate £50 worth if I'd bought it in England.....sorry clubmed !!!

So all in all, Im really impressed and will certainly returning to another clubmed next year !

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tom_the_Wine
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our week with Club Med at their Aime la Plagne. We felt very well looked after by all the staff, especially my 2 year old daughter (after the initial shock of being left while we skied)
It was my first week back skiing after giving birth and I was a bit apprehensive about leaving Grace, but when we returned for lunch on the first day it was clear she was having as much fun as we were. I’d recommend Club Med for families with young children.
Our bedroom was a huge size, we had a spare bed for our daughter and there was still plenty of room. I believe the room was designed for a disabled person, but it gave us more space than we got in chalets.
We had been told the food was a big part of a club med holiday and we found the choices very good, in fact may be too big.
In the evenings the Club Med staff (called Go’s) arranged entertainment, which most people seemed to enjoy.
We found the booking process a little painful, Club Med need to get a few extra staff in the London office, we eventually booked through an ABTA agent called skiline.co.uk, their staff know the Club Med hotels very well and without their help we don’t think we would have got the room that was allocated to us. I think they also got us a discount.
Finally we had a bit of a delay on the coach home, no bodies fault but it would have been nice to know if we might have missed our flights, in the end we got there just in time. I would definitely book another Club Med ski holiday, we found it great value for money and think next winter we might try one of the 4* hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Becks1206
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at Club Med 2100 last year. I stayed at Aime this year and next year I will return to Aime. I read one or two poor reviews, about Club Med Aime, before the holiday. I don't agree with them. The bar area has more ambience than 2100, which can seem a bit like a hotel lobby. The food, at Aime, was just as good and varied, as at 2100. Ski out is very slightly slower as, if you are heading up the mountain, you have to use the short but slow Golf chair.

My room was a bit tight walking passed the end of the bed. However, I was a single in a twin room, so no space problems.

The staff were very good and The Chef Village, Bruno, pops up everywhere, to ensure good service. All of them were friendly and very helpful.

I enjoyed the music and entertainment, even though most of it was presented in French. No surprise, as I was in France.

Two small minuses. The shower temperature variation, which has been commented on by many others. Also, a great variety of teas, but no English Breakfast Tea. Take your own, if like me you enjoy a cuppa in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Graham R
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was my first time at a Ski Club Med and I must say I won't ever try something else.

The ski_in/ski_out option was very delightful and saved the pesky time for traveling in the town to reach the ski area.

The club itself was ok. the food was plenty however not always at the highest level. The rooms were also mediocre - me and my friend got a double room the size of a single room ( two other friends got a room a piece) so make sure what kind of room you are getting.

Regarding the staff - Everyone was very kind and I wan't to especially mention Chloee Jaqoues and Michael kallner who were at the reception and helped whenever they could to make the trip unforgettable.

And the ski(snowboarding) itself - Amazing view, great pistes and offpistes. Recommended to beginner and mid level skiers.

I'm sure I'll come back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macot-la-Plagne
Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances
Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacance...
#3 of 26 in Macot-la-Plagne
Hotel Les Balcons Village
Hotel Les Balcons Village
#6 of 26 in Macot-la-Plagne
Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Mont Soleil
Pierre & Vacances Residence Le M...
#4 of 26 in Macot-la-Plagne
Araucaria Hotel & Spa

Been to Club Med Aime la Plagne? Share your experiences!