We (my wife and I) stayed here on the 1st week of Feb and it all started badly with the disaster better known as Grenoble Airport - sitting on the plane for 90 mins waiting to get off was not the way to start a holiday and that was before the chaos of retrieving bags. So we eventually arrived at the Chalet about 10pm (2 1/2 hrs late) all a bit tired and a little fraught!.
However all the tension soon disappeared when we were quickly allocated our rooms and sat down to our first meal prepared by our welcoming hosts Johnny and Sammy. I don't think I had been there more than 15 minutes before I was tucking in to great food, drinking wine and meeting the other guests. It is amazing how you can become chilled so quickly!
Chilled, well fed, sometimes (well perhaps frequently) a little drunk is basically how we stayed for the rest of what turned out to be a fantastic week, full of fun, some great skiing, cool guests and fantastic hosts. Johnny and Sammy really go that extra mile to ensure all their guests have a good time, they deserve all the praise they get.
As one of the other reviewers said - Best Chalet in La Plagne? Probably
So what to expect:
1) Chalet was warm, friendly, spotlessly clean and with plenty of space. There is an entrance hall/room to store all your skis and even better it had boot warmers so you always had dry and warm boots to put on in the morning! There is also a Sauna - not my cup of tea but there if you want it.
2) Rooms are basic (again spotless) and a bit strange in that you have a mezzanine where the beds are and with more like a step ladder than stairs to get to them (so be careful). However once you got used to it was not bad at all and it did mean you had plenty of space. The shower was brilliant, plenty of space and loads of hot water. Certainly there was no problem sleeping.
3) Location is brilliant, about 100 yds max to the slopes and main lifts and 30 yards from the La Mine pub. La Mine pub has free wifi and is a great place to have a few beers and catch up with any emails when you come off the slopes.
4) Food is plentiful, well cooked, varied. It is not gourmet food but what you get is always very good. The cakes with tea are excellent.
5) Hosts - just brilliant. They get the balance of friendliness, fun and professionalism just about right.
PS - Please ask Johnny to announce what you are going to have for dinner, it is his favourite task of the day!
- Also Known As:
- Chalet Trolles Hotel Macot-La-Plagne