“Lovely place for a stopover - very clean & staff were helpful”
Review of L'Angival

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bourg Saint Maurice
L'Angival
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Having booked this hotel for a stopover on the way to a ski resort I was a little worried by previous reviews. I have no idea why others had a problem with the owner. Courtesy suggests that in France you should try to speak at least a little French, and we had no problems at all. The room (family room with 2 bunks, number 11) was large enough and clean. There was no problem that we did not want the optional breakfast. The only thing I could fault was that the bar closed at 7pm and since, as is common in France, Switzerland etc there was no kettle in the room, there was nowhere to get a cup of tea/coffee. Otherwise all was perfect.

Room Tip: I can only comment that family room was comfortable for four people.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was recommended this hotel after my friend broke her ankle whilst skiing in Tignes recently. I was a lady staying on my own for the first time in my life! The hotel was excellent, from rooms, service and most of all cleanliness!! I would defintely stay here again. Thank You!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed here for one night, our arrival was a late one (12.30am), I had already advised them of this and so we were given the code to the front door and the keys to our rooms were waiting for us, the rooms were lovely and clean, we had breakfast in the hotel, it was plentiful and the food was good quality.
I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Brush up on your french!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrsb1967
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Stayed here for christmas this year, very clean and a fantastic central position in the town. We have stayed in Bourge st maurice b4 and have now found this hotel which we now continue to use.
Taylor family
p.s. We stayed in the appartment at the top of the hotel which sleeps 8

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank 504216Taylor
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We booked ahead for 2 separate stays at this hotel in a pretty street in the centre of Bourg Saint Maurice - 2 adults and 2 children. Both days were separated by 8 days of skiing at Val D'Isere. It is a 5 minute walk from the train station and therefore a convenient place to stay to get you up the mountain on a Satuday morning.

Having arrived on a Friday afternoon we soon got settled in to our €130 room (for 4). We then went exploring. But not before the hotel owner had asked us several times whether we wanted breakfast in the morning - priced at €12 a head - which seemed a bit steep for the usual croissants with a few extras. We declined - but felt under some pressure nevertheless.

On our return journey after skiing we also stayed at Angival on Saturday night so that we could catch a morning TGV to Paris. This time we were not hounded at all about breakfast and having received a welcoming and manly handshake from the owner we assumed that he had remembered us from 8 days ago and that we also did not require breakfast. Not the case. Our friends had got up earlier and were knocking on our door in the morning to warn us of the hotel owner's fury.

At reception he told us that we had asked for breakfast because it was written in his book. And if it is in his book then we had to pay for breakfast. Our friends reluctantly caved in. I decided to make a stand as I did not want to fork out €48 for breakfast. He went mental and said that he always has problems with the English. I said that we had stayed a week ago and did not have breakfast then and we had not asked for breaksfast this time. He referred to his book again. He then insisted on showing me a list of other English bookings that had not turned up and refused to pay the deposit - not sure what this had to do with me. I insisted that I was not going to have breakfast at which point he said that all the English should stay in England. My wife said that she is not English to which he said that she was probably Scottish who were just as bad.

We paid cash and left quickly soon after and had a simple but adequate breakfast for 4 at a local cafe for €15.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank zolty55
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We came there for new year 2010 after a friend from Bourg St Maurice introduce us to this hotel . Well located and very quite. The owners are very nice and very helpful . Very good place to stay for winter and we will come back for summer.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosecotton
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed there one night before going onto another chalet and was impressed. It looked like it had been recently renovated and it was very comfortable. The bar closed very early, but the owner pointed us in the direction of a lovely restaurant on the pedestrian street and we had a lovely meal, I think it was called 'Le Refuge'

If you find yourself in Bourg Saint Maurice with nowhere to stay, I would recommend checking this place out first.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends