• Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
    All reviewsski instructorchef de villageski roomski schoolski resortgreat holidaygreat funevening entertainmentspecial thanksbuffet stylecrazy signsski servicerooms are smallall inclusive packageprivate lessonoystersthe hotel is clean
    Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

A tired looking hotel with many faults.
    The food was uninspiring but plentiful.
    The rooms were small except ours as we paid extra for the suite but very dated decor and they did not top up the coffee machine pods or provide milk and the mini bar was never filled for us.
    The staff were lovely and mostly friendly in the hotel but the esf ski school staff were generally rude and unhelpful and kept leaving our teenage daughter behind and made her change groups 5 times!
    I went with my group for the first day and our instructor kept us skiing for 3 1/2 hours without a stop and not much tuition which meant my shins seized up and I couldn't ski for the next 2 days! They should have more regular breaks scheduled on the first day! Not take us over to Switzerland with no hope of making my way back on my own if I wanted to stop!
    But when I changed my boots and got back on my skis on the Thursday I had a great rest of the week skiiing with my friends and going at our own pace.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
    ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Hello JKFarnham,

I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism with regards to certain aspects of our offer at Avoriaz resort. Your comments will help us establish what improvements can be made to avoid that matters such as the ones you experienced occur in future.

Above all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments in writing to us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to another resort in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

Just returned from a lovely week at Avoriaz, Lovely weather, great snow, great food, comfortable and clean room. Then is all went wrong. Asked at reception about the leaving instruction because all those I asked had received an envelope with the departure instructions. Told to wait a day, still no envelope so went to reception and was given labels and a pen, well 2 because the first wouldn't work. Up at 0230 to leave at 3, arrived central bus station and waited for Taxi. 0330 called reception to be told, get a cab and send us the bill. Poor guy on reception had no contact for transport company and recommended we speak with someone at bus station. Very nice man tried all the numbers he could but to no avail. Called reception again asked for Manager, eventually received call from manager who was still in bed but did me a favour and called. 0400 Sunday Morning in Avoriaz is not one of the busiest times and people and help were thin on the ground. Raised concerns about missing flight. Taxi arrived, but driver told us that it would take 2 hours to Airport. Guy drove like a racing driver, speeding and overtaking only slowing down for speed cameras and speed humps. Felt very sorry for other family who's flight was before ours, one of the children vomited in the taxi, my wife is a nurse and I don't mind the smell of vomit but I felt the embarrassment. Arrived just in time, so were glad we had all made the flights, but not happy that Clubmed had put mine and another 6, including 23 children's we arrived alive, but we could have been a news headline. Relied on Clubmed to take care of my health Safety and Welfare in their actions, sad to say that I was put at risk for no apparent reason save the additional cost and inconvenience of a flight.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Club Med
    3  Thank Stuart M
    Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

We came as a large group and we're very well cared for. The hotel is clean and tidy but very warm - nice when you first return from the slopes! Well organised with lessons for all ages and abilities. Always food on the go and an excellent spread at meal times.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Hi Katherine,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Avoriaz.

Thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed April 13, 2017

All excellent .
    Chef de village was superb.
    Always busy, engaging, ever present & involved with all aspects of the holiday.
    Been here twice before. Starting to look a little tired but still warm & cosy
    The bar is great and all the staff are always friendly and helpful.
    Food was good. Drink was plentiful.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
    Review collected in partnership with Club Med
    1  Thank Simon C

Hi Simon,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Avoriaz.

Thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

I don't normally have to write about bad experiences but... So far burnt ala carte food, poor room service, lack of organisation for ski lessons , leaving a 14 year old girl on a mountain on her own for 30 mins having dumped her from a ski lesson, under staffed bars and food service. Club Med appear to have given up on this hotel/resort.

Stayed: April 2017
    1  Thank Charlie K
    ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Dear Charlie,

We are very sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your holiday.

I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism with regards to certain aspects of our Avoriaz resort. I would like to assure you that your helpful comments will help us establish what improvements can be made to avoid that matters such as the ones you experienced occur in future.

If you wish to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations team at customer.uk@clubmed.com.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.