Club Med Avoriaz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chilly Powder(Morzine)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsski instructorchef de villageski roomski schoolspecial thanksski resortevening entertainmentgreat fungreat holidayski servicebuffet styleoysterscrazy signstrident hotelanimation teamall inclusive packagewelcome meeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I agree with Silke T and John N.
GO team was very kind and the animation was indeed excellent. Special thanks to William (what a beautiful smile), Romain for the picture, Tino who put the chains on the car for us and Fanny for her kindness. The shows are very creative and original, lots of crazy signs.
Food was indeed limited in choice but quality was usually good. Not enough quantity. I missed several deserts because I was too late.
Room was small but we know that in advance. It was very clean. We discovered the large drawers under the bed after several days.
The bar is indeed too small and understaffed. Why give so small quantities when it is all inclusive anyway? I could barely taste alcohol in my mojito. There were not enough seats and the tables were not always clean.
We had a great time thanks to the nice staff (including restaurant staff and cleaning lady) but, as Silke T rightly says, there is room to improve the hotel to make it even better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isabelle V
Reviewed February 20, 2014

What we liked: The staff was very kind! The animation-team was excellent! The ski location was very beautiful, but also very big, so it was nice to take lessons with someone who knows the domain well. The food options were limited but the food itself was good and tasty.
What we didn't liked: The rooms (and beds) were too small, and you could hear the noises from the bombs and machines in the morning (6 - 7 o'clock). Often the food was a bit cold, this is definitely a operating point. The bar was also a bit small.
Conclusion? We enjoyed are vacation, and it was more than OK, but this hotel needs a finishing touch, to make it even better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Silke T
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The staff here are excellent and hard working but there are a fair few ways your holiday experience could be bettered.
The food is average at best, a buffet style with various dishes to choose from from but not great quality. Quite often there are no plates and we had to wait on one occasion for 10 minutes for fresh plates to be delivered. At lunchtimes it can be difficult to find a clean table with most having dirty plates, and dirty cutlery on them from previous diners.

The rooms are very small, one of our guests even had a smaller than normal bed as there wasnt room for a full size one, he compained but nothing was done. They are kept very clean though and replenished frequently with toiletries.

As a party of ten we spent nearly £12,000 on this holiday but they still wanted to charge €20.00per person to use the hotel WiFi which we thought was a disgrace.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John N
Reviewed February 9, 2014

As a ski resort Avoriaz is amazing, unfortunately club med Avoriaz is slightly tired, but after being to about 6 resorts of different trident ratings, this was to be expected for the price,
However I was very disappointed by the food, I usually enjoy going from several different food stations with great food, but I found the options limiting, salad counters naff, quality of food questionable. there were some highlights, but not as many I have come to expect from club med.
apart form this, if you can handle the French club med way of doing things, club med is still a great economical way of skiing, it's just a shame the food is not upto standard

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is my second time visiting this club med in Avoriaz. I visited there around 8 years ago and since it's been redecorated.
The hotel is clean, , warm, homey and inviting - However if you are looking for luxury - you will be disappointed.
We go to club med every year only because its generally all inclusive, its very well organized up to getting your ski passes from the reception, being able to book your equipment in the hotel instead of mission into the village (although ask re the prices before - We were given the most expensive equipment without being told that you can take a MUCH cheaper version which is perfectly good- This was literally my only complaint of the week). The GO team is fantastic, Run by Johnny from Brazil, who just makes your stay perfect - He really is the heart and sole of the Village!

the food was OK - Quantity over quality - But believe me, it was all very nice and the chef's and waiters in the dining room were nice and friendly. The rooms are a bit on the small side - However they were clean, comfy and perfect after a long days ski. Finally. The skiing in Avoriaz is PERFECT! Ski in - Ski out - lovely wide pistes , beautiful tree line which is rare for the French alps. All in all - I would definitely recommend this club med resort! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: only 2 things - If you can't be bothered to wait for the lift up and down in the morning to the boot room - when booking ask for a low floor room. - Ask for the cheaper skis. 190 Euros was just too much (for boots, polls and Skis) for ONE person for 6 days! I was disappointed that we were not told that there were less expensive options...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family