Six of us stayed in two "five-person" apartments on 8th floor. Positives: Excellent location. Almost ski-in + ski-out (~10-15 metre walk). Bountiful slopes! Helpful + friendly staff at residence. Negatives: Small apartments. Had there been any more than three of us in each apartment it would have been too crowded, with nowhere to put luggage/clothes. The bedroom is a box room, but fitted the bill well enough. Biggest negative of holiday however was nothing to do with Saskia Falaise. The transport from airport to Saskia residence and back was shocking. We booked through Alpybus, who constantly lied to us. After numerous emails confirming they would drop us off in Avoriaz ("top" of mountain), the driver then refused when he got to the midpoint and told us to get off in Morzine. We showed him the clear confirmation email + correspondence, but he simply said "not my problem". He then threw our luggage off the bus carelessly, swore at us when we refused to leave and pushed us. When the driver called the management they said it was an admin error and that they would not take us up to Avoriaz for the agreed price. I insisted/told him we were not getting off the bus. Eventually they did take us up. In the time it took however we were too late to get ski lessons, lift passes and ski rental sorted in time, delaying our skiing the next day. After formally complaining they gave us 2 euros each off our return journey only, initially stating they would take us from Avoriaz as agreed! The day before departure I received a text message saying they would only pick us up from Morzine. After again complaining they said they couldn't pick us up from Avoriaz due to the poor weather conditions (it had snowed...surprisingly...the previous day!). They assured us we would be the second of only two pick-ups however. I then received a call from them 1.5 hours before they were due to pick us up that we would have to arrive in the next 45 minutes as they were "concerned about traffic". We hurried down the mountain to our new meeting point, only to find that the reason for this was they had now crammed several groups together on a bus that stopped at 8 further residences before arriving at the airport! To say we felt like cattle being herded would be an insult to animal rights. Avoid Alpybus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic doorstep skiing.Central lively location in the heart of "La Falaise". Panoramic views of the Morzine Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Saskia Falaise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence La Falaise
- Pierre & Vacances Residence La Falaise Hotel Morzine-Avoriaz