“Rude and no teaching”

Village des Enfants
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Too many children. Too few teachers. No customer service. Rude.
We should have taken more notice of the bad reviews. The bad reviews were totally correct.

3  Thank Nicola W

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The teachers are very patient, friendly and used to children. The children receive a unique ski certification system which is different from the national levels and the teaching is an A- compared to ESF A, but the village specifically provides services geared to children (canteen with excellent food, picnics in the mountains, day care services, games, teddys, huge animated characters in the snow etc.)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

my three kids went to village for the five days, the ski instructors were both professional and brilliant with the kids ,they were on the pistes by day 3 flying past me saying Dad hurry up.

1  Thank MacC1_13
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We changed from ESF to Village des Enfants 3 years ago and the kids had a ball. The teaching was fun and the children progressed well. The school portrayed itself as being fresh and very family oriented.

However beware it seems to have changed.

Firstly the website was a nightmare when booking and I wrote an email to confirm what we had booked. Which they never replied to. When we arrived and went to the school to check they said we had booked full days instead of half days as we had intended to book. They had our credit card details and said we would be charged for the full days. When I explained that this was a mistake and showed them the email I'd sent asking for confirmation. The woman behind the counter became extremely rude and aggressive and said "if you booked a trip to New York and then changed your mind you wouldn't get e refund would you ?" She was truly awful to my wife.

When we explained that we had been customers for 3 years, she said that didn't matter and we should read the terms and conditions. I explained again that their website was a problem. I also explained that when buying on the internet one has a time period to change ones mind. She didn't care. She shouted and made us feel like idiots. I have never in all my mind met a rudder more unpleasant person, she really should not be allowed to work with customers.

Bottom line is they ripped us off and didn't care a jot. Anyone with comercial morals like theirs should not be trusted with children.

Also it seems this year that the teaching standard have fallen. Both kids were put in groups of mixed ability and didn't learn much at all. The timing is awful too, they set off 10 - 15 minutes late each day and return at least 15 minutes early. So you don't get all of the time you pay for.

A real shame they were a very interesting positive alternative to ESF etc. but it seems now that a fast buck is more important than teaching standards or basic respect for their customers.

Fortunately there are a number of alternatives now in Avoriaz and we ended up putting our kids back with ESF who seem to have sharpened up and modernised their approach.

6  Thank Sean052
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our 3 year old grandson had his first skiing experiences with the school. Although a little worried at first, by the end of the week he was clearly enjoying it and had been taught well. However there were a few little niggles: The class was supposed to run from 9:30 'till 12:00. Whilst I can accept that on the first day or so the start would be delayed, I would expect it to start on time towards the end of the week. Also, the children were being led back to the handover area well before 12:00 noon, therefore a supposedly 2 and a half hour class barely lasted 2 hours.

Also, on the last day, the children were encouraged to go along later to collect their certificate and medal. At no point were parents told that the medal was extra and to charge €7 for a simple pin badge, having paid over €100 for the lessons was a bit too much.

1  Thank Geoff A